Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thread: Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I think when we start comparing Plushy to Michelle the conversation has paid its dues.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Plushenko is the best skater ever if you go by his jumping ability, consistency, theatrics, and accolades (and Mercedes Benz sponsorships, apparently). He is far better than Chan at jumping consistency but he's also better than arguably every skater there ever was. But he has never had the actual choreography, finesse, originality and skating quality of a Lambiel, Buttle, Chan, Takahashi, Kwan, etc.
    Pure black pr propaganda

At Euro 2012 in England, arena was FULL when Plushenko was skating, british people wanted to witness Plushenko's greatness life. It was amaizing to hear british people wisperring about him and eager to see him skate. They brought russian flags, they gave him standing ovation.
    Now you are trying to tell me people are stupid and came to see someone without things you discribe.
    Plushenko, head and shoulders above everyone you mention in every department, just accept the facts and watch him skate

at 2:00 min watch him before 3a-3t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJtNXvyWbg

Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    Pure black pr propaganda

At Euro 2012 in England, arena was FULL when Plushenko was skating, british people wanted to witness Plushenko's greatness life. It was amaizing to hear british people wisperring about him and eager to see him skate. They brought russian flags, they gave him standing ovation.
    Now you are trying to tell me people are stupid and came to see someone without things you discribe.
    Plushenko, head and shoulders above everyone you mention in every department, just accept the facts and watch him skate

at 2:00 min watch him before 3a-3t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBJtNXvyWbg
    Yes, they love Plushy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjMYWoitpws -We love Plushenko!- two english girls

Sinead Kerr after Sheffield
    ……
    The main event this year – if the crowd was anything to go by – was the Men’s. The arena was packed and the audience was excited, mainly, I think, because of the return of Olympic gold medallist and twice silver medallist, Evgeni Plushenko, who – as ever – didn’t disappoint.
    We have done many shows with Evgeni and there is no doubt that he is a star in the skating world. He has a presence which is hard to define and almost impossible to imitate – as his training partner, runner up Artur Gachinski, can attest to.
    Artur skated cleanly and landed more quads than Evgeni, tried his best to skated like him and in some ways is more able in the transition steps. Yet, somehow, when he finished, he was met with good applause rather than the impromptu standing ovation and wild enthusiasm following Plushenko. Many people questioned Evgeni’s comeback, but I think he proved here in Sheffield that he is still one of the best competitors ever in the sport and certainly a big draw. He is also a charmer, praising the organization and atmosphere of the event in his interview following the competition.

After Torino Plushy gained a lot of fans in G-Britain. Victoria Beckham wanted, that Plushy teach to skate her sons , if I right remember she wanted to pay 1000 Pounds per hour. But Plushy did not undertake it.. Also after Torino organized a Plushy's tour to England, but was canceled it, because Plushy was the host of a great TV show, Russia and Ukraine competed against each other.

Ok Senorita! I started: Plushy has more 6.0 presentation marks, like Michelle...

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Plushenko is the best skater ever if you go by his jumping ability, consistency, theatrics, and accolades (and Mercedes Benz sponsorships, apparently). He is far better than Chan at jumping consistency but he's also better than arguably every skater there ever was. But he has never had the actual choreography, finesse, originality and skating quality of a Lambiel, Buttle, Chan, Takahashi, Kwan, etc.
    What is finesse or originality? What do you think?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    What is finesse or originality? What do you think?
    Originality is doing choreography that hasn't been done before, doing interesting edge work, or body movements -- and bringing it to competition, not just exhibitions. I hardly think hip thrusts falls in the category of originality. Buttle was particularly great at incorporating originality in his choreography, and Chan has done it to some extent. Takahashi is great at creating originality but also injecting emotion into it.

Finesse means smoothness, delicacy and subtlety, and performing that with abandon or restraint (highs and lows) at appropriate times. It involves fluidity and using your whole body in a graceful way with ease. Skaters like Abbott, Kostner, Chan and Buttle are great at incorporating subtle movements along with big, sweeping movements. Most of Plushenko's choreography is "big" and "theatrical" - which is simply his style - though it has become more varied since the Olympics - particularly his hand movements. Finesse involves finishing your movements -- even simple things like ending your programs with a definite finishing pose (I, for one, enjoyed Plushenko's 2006 LP until the end with that lazy bow... like the EuroSport guys, I hate fist pumps or over-the-top early celebrating in programs like Ten's 2013 Worlds FS or Plushenko's 2012 Euro LP... that should be saved for after the end of the program ).

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The Golden Skate staff has decided to close this thread, since it has run its course, and we have discussed this material a hundred times in a dozen different threads.

This thread is now closed.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30