Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Plushenko: Chan Does Not Deserve World Title

Didn't read the entire thread.

Essentially, COP won the program. The scoring system has to be penalize falls more heavily, as well as take points away for the little trips/stumbles. I know that GOE goes negative, but that's not visible. If they had deducted 2 pts per fall, Chan would not have won.

Chan's far from my favorite male skater. However, I could appreciate that he has excellent qualities in his in-betweens. However, IMHO, those shouldn't have been enough - I didn't think his lead from the SP was that insurmountable after seeing the various mistakes in Chan's performance.

As far as 2010, I didn't have a problem with Evan over Evgeni because Skating is more than jumps and Evan didn't fall.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by spikydurian View Post
    Wow to be in the books of history is not small feat.
    IIRC, and it has been a long time since my school days, there were any number of people in the history books... and not for celebratory reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    IIRC, and it has been a long time since my school days, there were any number of people in the history books... and not for celebratory reasons.
    "Why is that we always break up our history by the .. the wars, not the years of peace? --- Why the war and not the peace? Because it's exciting, and because on some level people like to see something big fall apart and explode from the inside out. And right now, John, we're that something." (B5 quote)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Herostratus, for one.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I love this forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I love this forum!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I thought you were arguing all the way that Plushenko is better. So in the end, the most we can say is - Plushenko is no difference than Patrick Chan. Even worse. Plushenko is taking the revenge now.
    Eh, no. He could have taken revenge not once, but he praised Chan's skating in interviews. He never said bad thing about Chan. After WCH he had an opinion, and he wrote on twitter. So simply. And as I said he is always sincere, but I can not deny he knew, that if he writes such an interesting message like this, many FS fans will know it. And they will love and hate him because of it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    Didn't read the entire thread.

Essentially, COP won the program. The scoring system has to be penalize falls more heavily, as well as take points away for the little trips/stumbles. I know that GOE goes negative, but that's not visible. If they had deducted 2 pts per fall, Chan would not have won.
    Chan's far from my favorite male skater. However, I could appreciate that he has excellent qualities in his in-betweens. However, IMHO, those shouldn't have been enough - I didn't think his lead from the SP was that insurmountable after seeing the various mistakes in Chan's performance.

As far as 2010, I didn't have a problem with Evan over Evgeni because Skating is more than jumps and Evan didn't fall.
    That is wrong statment, COP has all tools to penalize or to award Chan's skating. The problem are judges, who don't apply properly the tool COP gives them exclusively towards Chan. His LP choreo is terrible, because he can't execute it, his P/I was poor. The judges should apply proper marks for these three around 5-6. Simple.

Custom Title
    That was past. No one is arguing otherwise. It's useless to repeat that as if repeating that more times, Plushenko is going to win next Olympics.
    You and many others said the same things before Vancouver 2010, and the history was made by Plushenko with two clean skates, including two 4-3 and three 3A. And Chan ended up 5th

As russian would say: Never say "gop" before the jump.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    You and many others said the same things before Vancouver 2010, and the history was made by Plushenko with two clean skates, including two 4-3 and three 3A. And Chan ended up 5th

Obviously either you don't know me at all or you have very bad memory. I have never said anything that sort before and after Vancouver.

Custom Title
    That is wrong statment, COP has all tools to penalize or to award Chan's skating. The problem are judges, who don't apply properly the tool COP gives them exclusively towards Chan. His LP choreo is terrible, because he can't execute it, his P/I was poor. The judges should apply proper marks for these three around 5-6. Simple.
    As in 5.00-6.00 for CH/PE/IN? Um, look at the LP scores. http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/SEG002.HTM I know you probably hate Chan, but you're essentially suggesting he should have been out of the top 20 in these PCS scores. Talk about wrong statements!

Custom Title

To be fair, Chan's injury from the year threw a wrench in his adding the quad to his repertoire with consistency. His world record performance (which bested any mark set previously by Plushenko ) the following year at Worlds was what he probably intended to bring to the Olympics. There's no denying though that Plushenko had the cleanest skates of the past two Olympics.

Custom Title
    That was past. No one is arguing otherwise. It's useless to repeat that as if repeating that more times, Plushenko is going to win next Olympics.
    Even Plushenko himself only said that if he could end it up on podium in Sochi it would be wonderful. We fans also know judging from his health status and age, to win gold is extremely hard so no illusion here. I know a lot of his fans only wish that he could deliver two good programs and be happy with it.

And let us face it, if you are not entering into a competition to win, you certainly have no chance to win because you do not have such heart to deliver. So Plushenko knows his chance and nonetheless he will give it all to fight. That is it.

I thought you were arguing all the way that Plushenko is better. So in the end, the most we can say is - Plushenko is no difference than Patrick Chan. Even worse. Plushenko is taking the revenge now.
    Be to fair, "Chan does not deserve the world title" is not Plushenko's original words. Journalist put it into his mouth. He never said Chan is bad skater, on the contrary he always said Chan is a good skater. Even after this year's WC, he said Chan is "not a bad skater".

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I agree Plushenko doesnt have a hope in Sochi, even a bronze is only an extremely small chance. I fail to see what that has to do with the validity of what he said though. That seems to be all the discussion is about, not about Plushenko's Sochi chances (which even his diehard fans concede is quite small).
    Exactly.

Yaya, Yes. I just wish Plushy two good programs in Sochi! If he will compete..we don't know.

Custom Title
    He will definitely compete, if he's able to walk.

I'm hoping, however, that he wins Russian Nationals again convincingly ... it would suck if he placed 4th or 5th and the Russian fed sent him to Sochi anyways as they did with Kovtun this year.

Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast