Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Joubert

Brian Joubert

Some of us on the Plushy fan thread have agreed that Brian deserves a thread too.

And since Brian is my second favourite skater after Plushy, I decided to start it.

We can look back at his career that was - and look forward to what is to come. This post is just to set the initial ball rolling; more "proper" posts to follow no doubt!

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Let me join you. Brian Joubert the hottest!

Banned
    This thread needs pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Alain View Post
    This thread needs pictures.

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Here's a picture for you! http://instagram.com/p/sU9VtglSBo/

So the rumors are true: Brian and Katarina will perform together in Plushenko's "The Snow King"!

The costumes

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The costumes
    Why - are they bad? Should I be sad or glad that I can't see them?

Also, I suppose I should have also said in my initial post that we will also - incidentally, and almost inadvertently as it were - be contemplating Brian's better than "good average" looks.

Though I must say that the photo chosen for the below article certainly might not lead you to believe that:

LMDJ@MaisonDeJoubert · 29 aug
    #BrianJoubert and Katarina Gerboldt @1katarinochka will participate as a pair in Christmas show of @EvgeniPlushenko
    http://itar-tass.com/sport/1408309

(Note: 'Tis the same as in the Plushy thread.)

How they were able to dig up such an unflattering photo of Brian I don't know...

Some extracts from the article (via Googletranslate):

""While Brian has signed contracts (for performances in a number of shows), the term of which will be completed by early 2015, and fully train Katarina he can not, - said Vasilyev. - But skaters have been invited to try their hand at the show, a fairy tale" Snow King ", which is preparing for the New Year two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko. In my opinion, this is also a great opportunity to work together. And whether athletes qualify for the highest sports result in the pair will be known in the spring.""

&:

"Information that Joubert is going to train a group of famous Russian coach Oleg Vasiliev paired with Gerboldt, appeared in July of this year. However, as it turned out, the skater, who had previously played in figure skating, there are obligations to the TV France - September he should act in a series of television shows, as well as a similar event in Japan."

The costumes are not bad. Just extravagant, lol.
    Here is a good photo of Brian: http://www.hobiebarnes.com/wp-conten...cpwo1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    The costumes are not bad. Just extravagant, lol.
    Here is a good photo of Brian: http://www.hobiebarnes.com/wp-conten...cpwo1_1280.jpg
    That's a lovely photo!

Extravagant? So Plushy is not in all black then, I gather?

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    That's a lovely photo!
    Extravagant? So Plushy is not in all black then, I gather?
    Silver king! With silver helmet full of thorns I suppose.

Hi Brian!

Team Russian Silver Foxes gallavich's Avatar
    Twitter pic for the Instagram-less (not the best quality, but I'll post more if I find them)

Plushy looks kind of like...a shiny silver Bowser from the Super Mario games? I dig it though...it's a children's fairy tale show, after all, so any normal rules about skating costumes (such as they are) don't really apply, in my opinion. Not sure what Brian's role is meant to be.

Custom Title
    *bursts in to thread* Did someone say Brian Joubert?! I'm so glad he's finally got his own thread! His 2007 World's performance is the reason I got in to figure skating. I randomly saw his James Bond SP in a pizza parlor of all places and found it so intriguing that I looked it up when I got home.

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Here's a picture for you! http://instagram.com/p/sU9VtglSBo/

So the rumors are true: Brian and Katarina will perform together in Plushenko's "The Snow King"!
    oh. uh... I'm really glad there's a Brian thread now!

Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Twitter pic for the Instagram-less (not the best quality, but I'll post more if I find them)

Plushy looks kind of like...a shiny silver Bowser from the Super Mario games? I dig it though...it's a children's fairy tale show, after all, so any normal rules about skating costumes (such as they are) don't really apply, in my opinion. Not sure what Brian's role is meant to be.
    That's me, I know. Thanks - you're a true friend!

On first seeing the costumes: Wow!

sort of speechless - and then:

You know what? I think I like. "Extravagant" was definitely the right word - they sort of grow on me - every time I look at them, I like them better. Yeah, it's a fairy tale show - it should be a bit larger than life, imaginative, out of the ordinary, magical...

Quote Originally Posted by GermaricanMix View Post
    *bursts in to thread* Did someone say Brian Joubert?! I'm so glad he's finally got his own thread! His 2007 World's performance is the reason I got in to figure skating. I randomly saw his James Bond SP in a pizza parlor of all places and found it so intriguing that I looked it up when I got home.

oh. uh... I'm really glad there's a Brian thread now!
    Yay! Another Brian fan to join us! I'm so glad!

Yes, maybe this was the perfect time for a Brian thread after all?

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast