Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sota Yamamoto

Tripping on the Podium

Sota Yamamoto

Are there any Sota fan here?

Sota Yamamoto 2015 Worlds Jr Bronze medalist. Congrats!

Sota's new SP for 2015-16!!, as seen at Dreams on Ice 2015.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 06-22-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by umeko_yur1tasukee View Post
    Are there any Sota fan here?

Sota Yamamoto 2015 Worlds Jr Bronze medalist. Congrats!
    I am. I think Sota has a large upside and showed at Jr. Worlds that he could be steady when others had faltered. He also appears to have quite a personality; there is so much "boy" in him. He has been often compared to his idol Yuzuru, and it is not hard for me to see why. And from a video I saw, the link of which I had posted in the TJ fanfest thread, he has already landed a quad in practice. Just turned 15 btw two months ago.

Cheering Wildly from the stands
    I like him.
    Following his progress with interest.

Custom Title
    I like him too! First noticed him on the JGP circuit this season. He and Shoma are so adorable together.

Custom Title
    I thought his EX today was very nice! Link The spread-eagle bit was just like Yuzuru's SP hahah.

Just when I thought my stanning of Team Japan junior men would (and should) stop with Shoma, Sota comes along. ~_~ I love the kid.

I however can't wait for the time when he gets out of the 'he's just like Yuzuru' comparisons because I believe he'll be able to develop his own skating style and technique, especially now that he's getting more media attention, and, more than likely, better funding from the JSF due to his showing this season.
    Last edited by juuryokunashi; 03-09-2015 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juuryokunashi View Post
    Just when I thought my stanning of Team Japan junior men would (and should) stop with Shoma, Sota comes along. ~_~ I love the kid.

I do however can't wait for the time when he gets out of the 'he's just like Yuzuru' comparisons because I believe he'll be able to develop his own skating style and technique, especially now that he's getting more media attention, and, more than likely, better funding from the JSF due to his showing this season.
    He gets the comparison (as Shoma does with Daisuke) because of he is such fan-boy. Which is very cute.
    But yes, I actually see him going along a different path in his skating. I like his cheeriness. I like his speed.

Here is Sota, encouraging Shoma. What nice kids. https://twitter.com/you_he_bar/statu...02479075848192

Custom Title
    Kurt in CBC said that Sota jumped to Yuzuru's closet and took one of his costumes

I really , really enjoyed Sota exhibition program. I see a lot potential in him. Let's wait and see when he will get quad in competition.

Custom Title
    Sota does remind me of Yuzuru! I see a future World Champion in him too, along with Shoma :P

チームジャパン:頑張れ〜
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbiespectator View Post
    Here is Sota, encouraging Shoma. What nice kids. https://twitter.com/you_he_bar/statu...02479075848192
    Sota is like a Shoma fan boy sometimes.

Now I can't wait to watch Sota improve. So much potential. I especially like his jumps.

Rinkside
    http://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/o...467/index3.php
    According to this article. It looks like he wants to add a quad next season and win junior worlds.

I think he needs to project more and also some better choreography (and costumes). Maybe a little help from Akiko would be welcome? I know she's working with Rika now and it seems to pay off.
    I remember Machiko Yamada did the commentary for Nagoya fs festival last year which Sota was part of, and she said that he actually has more potential than Yuzuru at the same age.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakabuno View Post
    I think he needs to project more and also some better choreography (and costumes)
    I like his costumes. This sort of costumes is why I love watching figure skating. Normal rules don't apply, and he does look good in them.

He's so very young but enjoyable to watch. I hope he'll keep improving and realize all that potential.
    Last edited by Moria Polonius; 03-09-2015 at 06:09 PM.

Machida and Beethoven inside edges's Avatar
    While I hardly regard myself as a fan of Sota yet, I think you would ejony this gif which I think is one of the funniest moments in the Junior World Championships 2015.

Sota can join to a boy band

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by inside edges View Post
    Well, he's got the attitude!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast