Kanako Murakami | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

gotoschool

Medalist
I just wanted to say how impressed I was with Kanako's SP at the NHK Trophy. It was my favorite SP of the season (along with Mirai's at Rostelecom) and she skated with so much grace, power and conviction that I was really moved by her performance. The Biellmann at the end and her 3T / 3T combo were truly beautiful. I was heart broken for her after she zayaked in the Long and saw her get dejected. I wish all the best for her at Nationals.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
I merely reported what was written in the article I linked, I have no idea if there is a video or not (probably not).
The interviews they did were part of the Interview Corner that Nobu held during the Gala. I haven't been able to find the videos online unfortunately. They are available on NHK's website but they don't load, at least for me -- I imagine they are geoblocked outside of Japan, but if you want to try...
http://www.nhk.or.jp/figure/movies/movies_slct.html?ev_id=6

New post from Kanako on her twitter account, with a picture of her and Zijun at the banquet. It seems that she spent a relaxing day in Kyoto yesterday.
https://twitter.com/Canyanpy1107/status/539590041882730497

Also, she is scheduled to compete at the 24th Aichi Figure Skating Competition (Kozuka trophy) - Dec. 5-7. She will skate her short program on Dec. 7 (it's a one-program only competition).
http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2014_Figure/26Aichi-1.pdf

Thank you for the link of videos. It is a pain seeing them out there but can't access them though.:bang:
Lovely photo of Kana and Zijun. Wonder if it is Yuzu who took the photo this time, since Kana took that one for Zijun and Yuzu...
And what kind of competition is Kozuka trophy??

Kalina

On the Ice
And what kind of competition is Kozuka trophy??

It's official name is "The 24th Aichi Figure Skating Competition". It's a local competition for skaters based in the Aichi prefecture. One program only (the ladies will skate only the short program).
If she had qualified for the Grand Prix Final, she would have withdrawn I guess.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
It's official name is "The 24th Aichi Figure Skating Competition". It's a local competition for skaters based in the Aichi prefecture. One program only (the ladies will skate only the short program).
If she had qualified for the Grand Prix Final, she would have withdrawn I guess.

Does she need to participate in this local competition in order to qualify for the nationals?

ayarose

On the Ice
Does she need to participate in this local competition in order to qualify for the nationals?

I think, those who where in the podium at Nationals last year gets automatic berths and doesn't need to participate in the Sectionals to enter Zen Nihon.

Kozuka Cup is named after Taka's family right?

bebece

Rinkside
yeah it name after Taka grandpa

i don't thing this competition is for qualification for national, couse it's only 1 programe

skatefan22

Medalist
Thanks, guys, for information regardng Kozuka Cup. I am sure Kanako can deliver a very nice program there. She has a very strong SP this season.

And another banquet photo (Yuzuru & Kanako with someone I don't know)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Update: Japan Nationals SP
Kanako draw 4th group and 23rd to skate (btw, same for Yuzuru, 23rd;))
I don't think it's coincidence though. JSF might want the suitable draw to catch the most views for their top skaters.

Kalina

On the Ice
I don't think it's coincidence though. JSF might want the suitable draw to catch the most views for their top skaters.

The draw is random. The skaters themselves, one after the other, have to get their own number out of the same bag. So unless you suggest that in front of all the cameras they substituted the bag before it was Yuzuru's turn, and then Kanako's, to draw...

Meoima

Match Penalty
The draw is random. The skaters themselves, one after the other, have to get their own number out of the same bag. So unless you suggest that in front of all the cameras they substituted the bag before it was Yuzuru's turn, and then Kanako's, to draw...
Mah I still don't think most of ISU draws are that random. You know it also has to do with TV contract and prime time. Skaters that attract more viewers tend to get some certain draw number. It's not just JSF in my humble opinion, I see the same thing with other federations and international competitions. It's my guess, of course. Still I have seen so many coincidences in FS.
Anyways, good luck to Kanako! I hope she will capture that title!!
Her SP is the best among Japanese ladies.

Last edited:

chezzu

On the Ice
I'm much more worried about Kanako's LP than her SP... I just really want her to finally claim that gold for herself! She can do it! Go Kana!

Meoima

Match Penalty
I'm much more worried about Kanako's LP than her SP... I just really want her to finally claim that gold for herself! She can do it! Go Kana!
I've heard she and her coach have settled down to change some details of her LP? I wonder about the results. Best wishes for her.

skatefan22

Medalist
Kanako Murakami will be seeking her first national title here after coming in second the past two years. She was especially impressive last year in Saitama, where she faced huge pressure going in and came through to clinch a spot on the Olympic team.

“I was practicing like crazy after the last Grand Prix (the NHK Trophy, where she finished fourth),” Murakami said. “My coaches thought I might be overdoing it. I was sometimes doing my routines five or six times. I think that has helped me settle down.”

Murakami, who finished 12th at the Sochi Games, is focused on the task at hand.

“I have pushed myself in practice,” she commented. “I have been working on the connection between my elements.”

—— Japan Times

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Update: Japan Nationals SP
Kanako draw 4th group and 23rd to skate (btw, same for Yuzuru, 23rd;))
Video of their draw: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2dck16_141225-s-練習-滑走順抽選など_sport (starting 05:12)[/QUOTE
'Tis fate. Unavoidable, irresistable;)

I hope we have a lot of Yuzukana photos from banquet :biggrin:

And in the gala holding hands or at the least paired together. :love: Hope the gala choreographer (Nanami?) works that in. Of course that depends on both of them having matching placements on the podium.

Yes, I also want Kanako to win her national title as it seems this competition will be her swan song before her home crowd. Her POTO SP to me is one of her loveliest programs and that includes her singing. ;) As for her LP, I hope her team has made the necessary changes to leave us her fans with indelible happy images of Kanako satisfied and exultant just like in last year's Nationals. Praying for that for Kanako.