Kanako Murakami | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Training photos: 1, 2, 3, 4

Thanks for the links. Kanako looks very serious in her training. She has openly stated that her goal is to win Nationals, and it appears she is doing everything in her power to achieve that: TJ's Sunshine Princess in Warrior Princess mode. I hope the stars align for her this time.

skatefan22

Medalist
Thanks for the links. Kanako looks very serious in her training. She has openly stated that her goal is to win Nationals, and it appears she is doing everything in her power to achieve that: TJ's Sunshine Princess in Warrior Princess mode. I hope the stars align for her this time.

Fingers crossed!:cheer2:

firal

Record Breaker
Just saw on twitter that Kanako has a new SP costume!! Good luck and I want to see that smile at the end! :)

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Just saw on twitter that Kanako has a new SP costume!! Good luck and I want to see that smile at the end! :)

Oh dear! I saw the picture of the new SP costume posted at the Japanese Nationals women's competition thread and wondered where did Celeste's "declaration of love" go? ;)

Anyway, I won't do a Kurt Browning critique of Kanako's new SP costume here as I have always been of the opinion that it's basically one's performance that counts. Go Kanako and light things up in Nagano with your skating and of course your lovely smile! :cheer:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh dear! I saw the picture of the new SP costume posted at the Japanese Nationals women's competition thread and wondered where did Celeste's "declaration of love" go? ;)
Anyway, I won't do a Kurt Browning critique of Kanako's new SP costume here as I have always been of the opinion that it's basically one's performance that counts. Go Kanako and light things up in Nagano with your skating and of course your lovely smile! :cheer:
Is it just me or I think her SP costume looks nice? :) I like this one better than the last one.

chezzu

On the Ice
:cry: she should stop changing lucky costumes

i hope she does well in the free! i still believe in her ability to at least podium. she wants this soooo badly but her UR problems... /sigh

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
:cry: she should stop changing lucky costumes

i hope she does well in the free! i still believe in her ability to at least podium. she wants this soooo badly but her UR problems... /sigh

Feel for Kanako! Her SP is her strength and for her to be out of the final group in the LP is just devastating. But (deep breath) time for her to marshal all her resources and give the performance of her skating life in the free and hopefully make it to the Worlds team. Fighting!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Anyone tell me what is happening? I couldn't believe my eyes. She did land her jumps didn't her? Why that low score? She didn't get ding that much in CoC and NHK.

skatefan22

Medalist

What did Kurt say about her costume??

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
What did Kurt say about her costume??

Oh, I was alluding to Kurt's critique of Yuzuru's R&J2 costume in the CBC podcast on the 2013 GPF, where IIRC he said that the costume is 'killing" him and is one that he just cannot take seriously. I recall being most amused by his description of the bottom of the top as a 45 degree cut doily. Basically, Kurt implied that the costume will prevent Yuzuru from becoming Olympic champion. Of course Kurt turned out to be wrong on that score proving my point that it is what you do on the ice, more than what you wear, which matters in the end.

To return the topic of this thread, I'm rooting for a comeback, redemption, revenge, etc. from Kanako in the free.

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist
Oh, I was alluding to Kurt's critique of Yuzuru's R&J2 costume in the CBC podcast on the 2013 GPF, where IIRC he said that the costume is 'killing" him and is one that he just cannot take seriously. I recall being most amused by his description of the bottom of the top as a 45 degree cut doily. Basically, Kurt implied that the costume will prevent Yuzuru from becoming Olympic champion. Of course Kurt turned out to be wrong on that score proving my point that it is what you do on the ice, more than what you wear, which matters in the end.

To return the topic of this thread, I'm rooting for a comeback, redemption, revenge, etc. from Kanako in the free.

I can't imagine her retiring with score like this. Ganba, Kana!

3T + 3T< (6.00 - 0.42 = 5.58)

3F< (3.70 - 0.70 = 3.00)

Flying camel spin level 1

2A (3.63 + 0.70 = 4.33)

TES = 26.95

PCS = 30.60

Total = 57.55

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
I was expecting a disaster when I watched her performance and the only obvious error I saw was in real time was her losing her balance on the flying camel spin. Honestly, I don't like how the sport has gone so far in being determined by slight under-rotations that I can only see slightly on instant replay resulting in huge deductions in points. I think it would be better if they just let the judges give GOE. It has just become too microscopic in my opinion. If the viewer can't see it, then it didn't happen is the way I think it should be. Slow motion replays aren't used by the referees to determine holding calls in football. Besides, I have seen more obvious urs called good on other skaters besides Kanako. Anyway, I liked her skate a lot except for the flying camel and hope she comes back in the free-skate. I have a soft spot for Kanako. It would be a shame if she retired because of this. She displays such a warm and rich spirit when she skates.

Last edited:

yhmafan

Medalist
I can’t believe Kanako’s placement at nals. ..9th?? seriously… :no:
and that new SP costume..eh...I really liked the yellow pretty one.

Gigi13

On the Ice
Okay phew I didn't want to wake up to these results so I'm praying for a redemption of epic proportions. Kanako bby I'm gonna need you to pull an Ashley Wagner , or Takahiko Kozuka, hell even go farther than that and pull a Yuzuru Hanyu from Worlds 2012. I'm still rooting for you and I'm keeping the faith! :cheer2:

Last edited:

chezzu

On the Ice
She can rotate those jumps I know she can!! Her beautiful rotated jumps is how she won 4CC last year!!!! :cry: Go Kanaaaaaaa