Kanako Murakami | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
First time Kanako's off the podium in Nationals since 2010. :( She even had made it to the Worlds team ahead of Yuzuru.

Anyway, there's still a chance she'll be named to the Worlds team. Really hope she makes it.

staccato

Rinkside
I really hate seeing her cry, her smile is always beautiful but the tech panel always manages to wipe it away. Still, I'm trying to hold on to the fact that the judges tried as hard as they could to keep her close to the podium. Hopefully, she at least gets 4CC?

Also, people have said that from her post-skate interview, Kanako is determined to go for it next season. If this is true, I am glad -- I do not want her to end on this note, I believe she has a lot more to offer. Also, I want that beautiful smile to bloom the way it should.

chezzu

On the Ice
I really think the unfair tech calls in her SP killed her confidence /sigh Excited for whatever comps she has left this season!

chezzu

On the Ice
I don't know either. A feed popped up saying the team is Satoko, Rika, and Wakaba. I really hope it will be Kanako!! Hope that feed is not ture.

They can't send Wakaba to worlds she's age ineligible :) That's the podium though!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Caught the last bus to Worlds! :cheer:

That was a wringer that Kanako and us her fans had to go through reminiscent of Yuzuru's barely qualifying for the GPF. So both will be back in Shanghai where hopefully they will have much better memories than the last time around. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I really hate seeing her cry, her smile is always beautiful but the tech panel always manages to wipe it away. Still, I'm trying to hold on to the fact that the judges tried as hard as they could to keep her close to the podium. Hopefully, she at least gets 4CC?
Also, people have said that from her post-skate interview, Kanako is determined to go for it next season. If this is true, I am glad -- I do not want her to end on this note, I believe she has a lot more to offer. Also, I want that beautiful smile to bloom the way it should.
I am glad she will go for the next season as well. Congrats her for being selected to the WC.

skatefan22

Medalist
Pictures:
Training: love that flowery top
SP: that new costume looks good at least in this pic, some gifs
WC announcement: Kana cried again and Koz was so sweet!
WC press con
Gala:group photo, with Dice, with another skater
Gala: with Dice, Cathy, and Fumie Suguri

Video:
Draw for SP: people's reaction to her draw and her own reaction is funny (starting 02:25)
SP recap: including some crying scene (starting 09:43), and that black jacket which is similar to Yuzu's ;)
Her speech at WC announcement: Just can't stand her tears :hopelessness:

Last edited:

makaihime

Final Flight
So happy for her!! She gets to go to Worlds and I hope she lays it down and proves to the JSF that she's still in contention!! And we also get to see her for another season which is the icing on the cake :hb:

She should get some good rest and wishing her all the best at WC!

chasingpolaris

On the Ice
This makes me very sad but Kanako just favorited a tweet directed to her saying that she should retire and that it's a disgrace to have her going to Worlds. :disapp:

I'm hoping Kanako favorited it so she'll use this as motivation to train harder and land on the podium at Worlds.

Elaine

On the Ice
This makes me very sad but Kanako just favorited a tweet directed to her saying that she should retire and that it's a disgrace to have her going to Worlds. :disapp:

I'm hoping Kanako favorited it so she'll use this as motivation to train harder and land on the podium at Worlds.

I remember Ashley did the same thing on her twitter before the GPF this season. She replied to a stupid and rude tweet which bashed her and said something like 'you should retire'. And few weeks later she won the bronze medal with a fabulous free skate at the GPF where no one had thought she would do it.

I really hope Kanako will do what Ashley did, at WC. Go Kana!!!

Last edited:

skatefan22

Medalist

I saw that as well. That tweet was really rude! But I am glad that Kana responded to this kind of assault gracefully. She shows her maturity and determination to come back strong. Proud of her!