Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Kanako Murakami

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Hey, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about Kanako here. But it didn't feel very positive the last few pages and I just wanted to point that out, before it got out of hand. It felt like "She is bad at this, this AND this. She should do that, that and THAT." The beauty of Kanako and her good points are far outweighing the bad and in the other fan fest thread the members are fans and praise the skater, I wanted that too for Kanako. Keep on discussing, because this thread was pretty quiet when Kanako had better days. I'm actually glad people want to discuss her now, so pay not to much attention to me. I was too emotional, because I wanted to defend her.
    Ah, it's okay. You're a fan -- defending her is part of your job.

That said, in spite of Kanako's struggles, there's something about her that is quite appealing. I love her personality and musicality. She also has a ton of speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8Hw5pbwhs <---2010 NHK Trophy SP. She was so young then! Which makes me realize that some of her challenges also stemmed from growing.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 04-02-2014 at 04:32 PM.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Hey I'm a big Kanako fan!! One of my VK friends who follows her posted this amazing picture of her. I'm so glad to hear she is not retiring!! I see good things to come.

http://vk.com/yanablumka97?z=photo-6...l33284260_4477

Hopefully this link works for you. I tried to find it elswhere but it's the only way I could post it. I tried several other ways.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^Working for me.

Mrs. P. - haha, I guess it is my job. I love that SP at NHK. And it sure shows how much she has grown in the last 4 years.

What I love about her is still there! Her attack, her smile! She is so NOT afraid. It seems to me she actually really enjoys the competitions, while so many others look afraid and stiff, concentration etched into their faces. Kanako is always fun, when she hits the boards, kicks the ice and attacks. But still she can also do the slow moments like in Prayer for Taylor SP.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

That said, in spite of Kanako's struggles, there's something about her that is quite appealing. I love her personality and musicality. She also has a ton of speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz8Hw5pbwhs <---2010 NHK Trophy SP. She was so young then! Which makes me realize that some of her challenges also stemmed from growing.
    This is not the type of music I prefer but it is the delivery charisma and charm that I love in this performance. I've always had a sweet spot for Kanako and maybe it is simply just that infectious smile. Sometimes I think no one on this planet can actually be that happy. She is a gem. I'll probably watch this again later tonight

Side note......did she look even younger at 15 than most of these babies coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

I like this music! She was so spunky. Yuzu was right, she was always a good dancer, a lot of musicality. I think that's what makes her stick out in my mind when I think of the current female skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^Yes, Yuzuru and Kanako do go a long way back. I read an article about Kanako where news just got in about the 3/11/11 earthquake, and the reporter described her as visibly worried because there was no word yet as to whether Yuzuru survived. Recently, I saw a video of Kanako clapping in the stands after Yuzuru's record setting Olympic SP score was announced, and a picture of them hugging each other shortly after he won the gold medal, Yuzuru still in his Weir costume and Kanako in her Team Japan uniform.

Well they are gonna do like a million shows over the summer together, maybe they will reconect...

Custom Title
    ^I think skating will always be their bond. I want to see Yuzuru and Kanako together in gala performances like Yuzuru and Mao in the 2014 Worlds. I saw Yuzuru and Kanako like that in a video of the 2010 Medalist on Ice I think, and I so want a repeat.

I hope so too! Team Japan overall is just too precious.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Hey, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about Kanako here. But it didn't feel very positive the last few pages and I just wanted to point that out, before it got out of hand. It felt like "She is bad at this, this AND this. She should do that, that and THAT." The beauty of Kanako and her good points are far outweighing the bad and in the other fan fest threads the members are fans and praise the skater, I wanted that too for Kanako. Keep on discussing, because this thread was pretty quiet when Kanako had better days. I'm actually glad people want to discuss her now, so pay not to much attention to me. I was too emotional, because I wanted to defend her.
    Peace! Just discussing from the point of view of wanting Kanako to do better. Agree with lbc2138 that as fans that is the only thing we could do, as it is really up to Kanako. She can do it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    I hope so too! Team Japan overall is just too precious.
    Yes they are aren't they? I didn't expect to be captivated by them all (Tatsuki being the latest member of TJ that I am now a fan of).

Tripping on the Podium figureskateobasan's Avatar
    I didn't mean to be hating on Kanako, I really like her actually.
    It's sad watching her crying in K&C during worlds :( I think she deserve higher score and everyone in Twitter went mad over how low her score was!

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share this but I pulled it off of the Yuzu forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxDv...ature=youtu.be

Kana looks refreshed and beautiful as always. I hope she had fun at the ice show!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lbc2138 View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share this but I pulled it off of the Yuzu forum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxDv...ature=youtu.be

Kana looks refreshed and beautiful as always. I hope she had fun at the ice show!
    Kanako is a pretty girl, and as Yuzuru, very sweet.

I always wondered why JSF decided to send Yuzuru to Canada and not send Kanako? As it have been point out in that moment they both were pretty much in the same ground. Maybe because they thought that being with Mao and Akiko will be enough to help her be a better skater?

Custom Title
    ^This is just my opinion, and I don't know whether the JSF even gave her the option to train overseas, but I think Kanako preferred to stay in Japan and experience university life. At that time, both she and Yuzuru were finishing high school.

Ice is slippery.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruzceleste View Post
    Kanako is a pretty girl, and as Yuzuru, very sweet.

I always wondered why JSF decided to send Yuzuru to Canada and not send Kanako? As it have been point out in that moment they both were pretty much in the same ground. Maybe because they thought that being with Mao and Akiko will be enough to help her be a better skater?
    Well the reason they sent Yuzuru to Canada was because he wanted to go. (Because Javi was there aka. "the person who can do 2 different quads" ) Maybe Kanako didn't have a specific coach she wanted to go to oversea's and just wanted to stay in Japan? I honestly don't think its the JSF who didn't want to send her, because she had a lot of potential and there was no logical reason to hold back on her

Kanako loves skating and shes such a joy to watch, but she might not be cut out for long-term competitive skating. She looks so happy when shes just having fun and enjoying the ice without all the added pressure. I'm glad we get to see her around for another season but I don't think she's going to stick it out till 2018..

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast