Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Kanako Murakami

Tripping on the Podium juuryokunashi's Avatar
    I love Kanako (Team Japan, really) and I do wish for her to continue until Pyeongchang, but yes, she only made clear that she's staying for this season. As for staying the whole quad, I have a feeling she wouldn't. :(

Also, I watched one of her interviews a few months ago and she did say that she "didn't need a new coach" -- explains why she's staying in Japan while Yuzu got sent to Canada for training. I think it may also be her personality, as she's very bubbly and friendly and still very much a child at heart (she even uses "Kana" to refer to herself instead of "I" in Japanese) and I think she may be afraid to venture out of her comfort zone.

Not studying at the moment
    Quote Originally Posted by juuryokunashi View Post
    I love Kanako (Team Japan, really) and I do wish for her to continue until Pyeongchang, but yes, she only made clear that she's staying for this season. As for staying the whole quad, I have a feeling she wouldn't. :(
    I know what you feel. I would love for her to continue on. However, I also do love her for thinking of what else is in the future.

Tripping on the Podium juuryokunashi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    I know what you feel. I would love for her to continue on. However, I also do love her for thinking of what else is in the future.
    I have a feeling that, after she graduates from Chukyo, she'll be hired as a sportscaster by one of the Japanese TV stations -- a bit like how Asada Mai ended up (or how Dai would end up once he decides to retire). She's pretty, and she's more outgoing (compared to Mao, and Mao really does tend to be very short and clipped with her replies) and registers greatly on TV.

But really I still want to see her skate until Pyeongchang.

Custom Title
    ^I'm crossing my fingers Kanako will fix the technical issues as to her jumps and do well in her GP assignments and Japan Nationals this year... and skate in the galas paired with Yuzuru (who's also in the same events). In the same way Yuzuru has said Kanako cheers him up earnestly, I hope some of his competitive fire and resoluteness will rub off on her. I think with good results, she can be convinced to continue until Pyeongchang like Tatsuki. Now is also the time for her to step out of Mao's shadow as Mao will not be competing this season.

Lovely video of Kanako-Yuzuru moments for over a decade (2003-2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRkEY3drRvU. Many thanks to the uploader OliviaCrystal.
    Highlight for me was the beginning showing the aftermath of Yuzuru winning the gold medal in the Olympics, where, as described by Tumblr blogger Yuzukana: "The way Kana looked at Yuzu when leaving is somehow mix of happiness and sadness. Luckily, Yuzu walked through those reporters to call her back and hug her. Sweet couple!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maria Victoria View Post
    ^I'm crossing my fingers Kanako will fix the technical issues as to her jumps and do well in her GP assignments and Japan Nationals this year... and skate in the galas paired with Yuzuru (who's also in the same events). In the same way Yuzuru has said Kanako cheers him up earnestly, I hope some of his competitive fire and resoluteness will rub off on her. I think with good results, she can be convinced to continue until Pyeongchang like Tatsuki. Now is also the time for her to step out of Mao's shadow as Mao will not be competing this season.

Lovely video of Kanako-Yuzuru moments for over a decade (2003-2014): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRkEY3drRvU. Many thanks to the uploader OliviaCrystal.
    Highlight for me was the beginning showing the aftermath of Yuzuru winning the gold medal in the Olympics, where, as described by Tumblr blogger Yuzukana: "The way Kana looked at Yuzu when leaving is somehow mix of happiness and sadness. Luckily, Yuzu walked through those reporters to call her back and hug her. Sweet couple!"
    At this point, I think it may be too late for her to fix her flutzing, especially now with the new rules and she's always had an interesting way of doing her toe pick jumps and telegraph the loop just a bit (not to mention underrotations). But she is one of the few skaters where I can enjoy her skating despite the not-so-good jumps so I hope she sticks around for a bit. But by the way things are heading, she won't be able to keep up with the other girls not only internationally but probably within the Japanese team as well.

On the Ice

Something melts inside my heart watching that clip. It's sad to see that they both started off the same way (winning World Juniors) but now Yuzu is in a different league. Not every skater is meant to be a champion, but she's one of the few skaters who can really draw the crowd in even with when her jumps are not on.

Custom Title
    This, the reason why I ship them so hard, my hearth will break if they were no longer together... they are the perfect definition of "childhood friends" and as you grow up, and in Yuzuru´s case reach a level of sucess, is very hard to tell who you real friends are. Kana and Yuzuru, (Ryuju Hino and Keiji Tanaka too), has been close friends dor a long time it will be sad if something will pull them apart.

Custom Title
    Japan Open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12yAezhs44

Not her best. Same UR problems for Kanako. On a side note she has become so hot!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by volk View Post
    Japan Open

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D12yAezhs44

Not her best. Same UR problems for Kanako. On a side note she has become so hot!
    I don't know if this is because I like Kanako, I like her new program even if some are saying her music and choreography are not good. I love that she is brave enough to put all her chips on POTO in both SP and LP for her last season simply because she LOVES this musical. What a fiery and feisty girl!

^Yes, Yuzuru and Kanako do go a long way back. I read an article about Kanako where news just got in about the 3/11/11 earthquake, and the reporter described her as visibly worried because there was no word yet as to whether Yuzuru survived.
    I really want to read that article. Do you happen to remember where that article was found? Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by figureskateobasan View Post
    I didn't mean to be hating on Kanako, I really like her actually.
    It's sad watching her crying in K&C during worlds :( I think she deserve higher score and everyone in Twitter went mad over how low her score was!
    I just came across an old post saying that at sochi after her LP, she went back to the stand and sat beside Yuzuru and cried. Oh, that is too sad. But regarding worlds, I didn't see her crying. Do you have a video of that?

Custom Title
    Hi skatefan22! (Coincidentally, you also have "22" in your moniker like the uploader of the Yuzuru-Kanako video, the link of which I posted earlier.) I tried looking for the article but haven't found it yet. I'll PM you once I do. I wish I have bookmarked it.

Re Kanako's programs this season, I really, really want to like it, and I don't exactly dislike it, but I don't think they are the kind of programs that will officially establish her as Japan's No. 1 female skater this season as I so wish for her. :( In a FSUniverse post (# 221, http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...i.91545/page-8, credit to rosewood for the translation), Kanako said for the first time she did off ice training with a ballet instructor, and I wished she had picked music other than POTO to highlight this. Still skating to POTO is Kanako's choice, and the chances are she'll perform better with music she loves. I'm crossing my fingers for her.

Custom Title
    Hi skatefan22! (Coincidentally, you also have "22" in your moniker like the uploader of the Yuzuru-Kanako video, the link of which I posted earlier.) I tried looking for the article but haven't found it yet. I'll PM you once I do. I wish I have bookmarked it.

Re Kanako's programs this season, I really, really want to like it, and I don't exactly dislike it, but I don't think they are the kind of programs that will officially establish her as Japan's No. 1 female skater this season as I so wish for her. :( In a FSUniverse post (# 221, http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/inde...i.91545/page-8, credit to rosewood for the translation), Kanako said for the first time she did off ice training with a ballet instructor, and I wished she had picked music other than POTO to highlight this. Still skating to POTO is Kanako's choice, and the chances are she'll perform better with music she loves. I'm crossing my fingers for her.
    Thank you, Maria Victoria! Look forward to reading that article.
    Regarding POTO, I am amazed by her determination to go her way. Hope for the best! I remember how she exceled in Japanese nationals 2013 and I hope that she can do that again this year.
    By the way, love the video you posted perviously! I always have a soft spot for childhood friendship. That look of Kanako's face when she was leaving is just ... I am glad that Yuzu managed to spot her and call her back and give her a little hug. That might have just saved something precious.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7