Kanako Murakami | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

skatefan22

Medalist
Kana looks absolutely serene and beautiful today! Though not very high score, I love her program the best.

skatefan22

Medalist
@skatefan22, to make you smile, I finally found the article you were requesting (sort of). I think I read a different translation of that article, but this one also captured Kanako's concern for Yuzuru shortly after the Great Eastern Japan earthquake despite having her own competition to go through:

This is an article in Nikkan Sports in Japan.
Translated from Japanese.
As for Kanako, her look stiffened for the anxiety.
March 14th, 2011 JST

By Koichi Masuko
Expectation new star Kanako Murakami (16, Chukyo University Chukyo High School 1st grader) won the championship at the personal best point. Wearing the stylish costume of red and black, she appeared in FS.
With the calmed acting, she succeeded in all jumps such as the two consecutive triple jumps of the opening.
Following the short program of the previous day, she recorded 130.56 points with the perfect acting without mistakes, also in FS.
It is a reference record because of the local competition, but she didn't allow the other player to come near, by her personal best points of 194.31 points in total.

Until the morning of March 13th, she had spent the uneasy time, because she had not been able to make contact with Hanyu Yuzuru for a long time after the earthquake, who won the championship in 2010 Junior Worlds together with her and came from Sendai City where was hit by the Japan North East Region Pacific Offshore Earthquake.
She was anxious for the safety of the mate of same grade, but I hear that, in this morning, she listened from the person of JSF, saying that it has been able to contact with him.
Before the acting, there was a scene where she embraces each other with her elder sister while being in tears, too, because her elder sister Yukiko Murakami who retires from the eligible skater in this season showed the last skating in this competition.

She was ready perfectly for delivery, but whereabouts of the holding of the Worlds in March is opaque.
The 16 year-old girl spoke while keeping the composure and choosing a word for the disaster area, saying, 'I think that the earthquake victims are having a very hard time and I think that I would like to do my best, so as to be said by them, saying "I got the vitality by watching your acting"'.

The article:
As for Kanako, her look stiffened for the anxiety.
http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20110314-748132.html

(From Post #3, dated March 25, 2011 by Akira Andrea, http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...-did-the-acting-without-mistake-almost.77973/)

I think it also shows Kanako's tender heart.

Thank you for the article! That shows the bond of TJ!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Kanako only get level 2 step sequence, and she usually is a level 4 step sequence skater. :scratch:
and I also like the late part of her choreo. her singling along with the "ah ah ah". very clever use of vocal and creative.
Love this SP very much. very good choreo and skated maturely by Kana and beautiful yellow dress.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
hope that she nailes everything today on her FS!!

I think she did a great job yesterday! love the last spins and the ending pose. Since she said she really want to skate with that music, it shows how much she understand the flows, which i think i havent really see it in her other's program.

thoakun

Final Flight
I'm so happy with her performance yesterday. You can tell by her reaction in K&C in every competition that she truly loves skating for its own sake and she always skates with a pure and genuine heart. Other skaters just give me the vibe that they're a bit too calculated and cautious in their skating.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Congratulations Kanako for making it to the podium! Some anxious moments there, but you did it! Continue believing in yourself.

skatefan22

Medalist
Kana aims to enter the GPF, so the 3rd place is not enough for her. Unless she win NHK...She looks truly disappointed at the K&C.
But there are some very nice moments of his LP that I enjoy. Hope she can give us a clearn program at NHK.

And according to fans who went to see men FS, they saw Kanako sitting there watching as well and cried after Yuzuru's accident happened.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Kana aims to enter the GPF, so the 3rd place is not enough for her. Unless she win NHK...She looks truly disappointed at the K&C.
But there are some very nice moments of his LP that I enjoy. Hope she can give us a clearn program at NHK.

And according to fans who went to see men FS, they saw Kanako sitting there watching as well and cried after Yuzuru's accident happened.

Oh these two! It seems somehow Kanako is always there there for Yuzuru in good times (when he won the Olympics) and in bad (this year's Cup of China). Thanks for sharing skatefan22. I hope NHK will be a better event for both of them so we can see them in GPF.

skatefan22

Medalist
Oh these two! It seems somehow Kanako is always there there for Yuzuru in good times (when he won the Olympics) and in bad (this year's Cup of China). Thanks for sharing skatefan22. I hope NHK will be a better event for both of them so we can see them in GPF.

She is always there, for better for worse.
And Yuzu is there for her in good times (2010 all japan k&c) and for bad times ( OG).

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^That would be lovely thanks! It must be so difficult to have your triumphs and disappointments be out there for all the public to see (and critique and not always in a well-meaning way) so it's good Kanako and Yuzuru have each other's support.

thoakun

Final Flight
I wasn't prepared to like her LP but I must say that there's some nice movements that I really enjoy. This event must be very emotionally taxing for Kanako. NHK Trophy would be a bloodbath but I hope she can redeem herself there.

Love her beaming smile at the press conference. She's very upset about herself, but she knows how to shake off that disappointment and gracefully understands that sometimes you have a rotten day, but life goes on.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/t31.0-8/1294590_10153321046092538_5954120264846578958_o.jpg

Kalina

On the Ice
Shae-Lynn Bourne's name disappeared from Kanako's ISU bio page (where she had appeared listed after her coaches Yamada and Higuchi).
I don't believe her name appeared out of nowhere before, but it might be that Bourne acted simply as a consultant and they realized putting her name there was causing confusion. Who knows. Did Kanako go to Canada for a certain period of time during the off-season?

skatefan22

Medalist
Shae-Lynn Bourne's name disappeared from Kanako's ISU bio page (where she had appeared listed after her coaches Yamada and Higuchi).
I don't believe her name appeared out of nowhere before, but it might be that Bourne acted simply as a consultant and they realized putting her name there was causing confusion. Who knows. Did Kanako go to Canada for a certain period of time during the off-season?

Who knows. Shae-Lynn Bourne's name appearing on Kana's profile is a bit weird in the first place. Has Shae-Lynn any coaching experience? I think you are right. She is probably only acting like a consultant. As far as I know, Kanako didn't go to Canada during the off-season.

skatefan22

Medalist

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
Here is a video of Kanako watching Yuzuru's performance with tears in eyes and her comments afterwards.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29qy79_141110選手からのコメント-バードより_sport
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29rkzf_ゲトスポ-fs-別アングル_sport (at the start of the video)

Kanako back to Japan. Her interview regarding her performance and again Yuzuru's accident.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x29reb1_141110-c-帰国_sport

Thanks for the video links skatefan22! Would you know what Kanako said in the interview upon her return to Japan?