Kanako Murakami | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Kanako Murakami

yhmafan

Medalist
I am still depressed though if there is any bright side somehow, I find the similarity of Yuzuru and Kana’s POTO costumes.
both are based on white and black. Those are very alike, aren't they?

actually I really like the costumes, wonder who designed.

ayarose

On the Ice
I am still depressed though if there is any bright side somehow, I find the similarity of Yuzuru and Kana’s POTO costumes.

actually I really like the costumes, wonder who designed.

Yes they are indeed batch mates. Not only their costumes similar with the Christine/Phantom part but both also insisted on their program music choice. I don't know about Kana but I'll bet my money on the old man who made his SP costume as well although who made and chose the design is also a question.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes they are indeed batch mates. Not only their costumes similar with the Christine/Phantom part but both also insisted on their program music choice. I don't know about Kana but I'll bet my money on the old man who made his SP costume as well although who made and chose the design is also a question.
What a relief it's not Johnny's design. :laugh:

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I´m telling you, this is their love declaration!!!! :love:

Kalina

On the Ice

There is actually a video on Kanako's costumes this season, both of them... they showed her while she was trying them out at the rink to see if they fit, if she could spin in them etc. She talked about her programs as well, generally of her decision to keep skating after Sochi, her preparation and so on -- a nice pre-season feature.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28o45p_141027-強くなる_sport
The person fixing her costumes is another person. Of course we don't know who actually designed them, and who made the Phantom costume for him, etc.

There are some similarities in Kanako's and Yuzuru's FP costumes, more like the general idea of it (the half jacket part, one side black one white), but Yuzuru has some gold and red in it as well, while Kanako's costume is in black and white with some gray, the only hint of colour being the pink and green (or blue?) rhinestones on the mask on her chest. I don't know, I think they might have consulted, yes, but that there is the same likelihood that they or their designer just came up with similar ideas by observing the costume of the Phantom. Mura's, instead, is very classic.
The shippers have a lot to work with this season though, you can't deny that. What with Kanako retweeting fan-made pictures or fanarts of her and Yuzuru, the music choice with both insisting on wanting to skate to it, Shae-Lynn appearing and then disappearing from Kanako's ISU bio, the similarities in the costumes... :laugh:

Meoima

Match Penalty
So much for this :popcorn:

With Adelina out of NHK, I can see Kanki has quite a chance on the gold. But against Satoko is not easy.

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
I´m telling you, this is their love declaration!!!! :love:

Certainly a unique way of going about it! :) Celeste, your post is just what the doctor ordered after all the drama in COC.:agree:

There is actually a video on Kanako's costumes this season, both of them... they showed her while she was trying them out at the rink to see if they fit, if she could spin in them etc. She talked about her programs as well, generally of her decision to keep skating after Sochi, her preparation and so on -- a nice pre-season feature.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x28o45p_141027-強くなる_sport
The person fixing her costumes is another person. Of course we don't know who actually designed them, and who made the Phantom costume for him, etc.

There are some similarities in Kanako's and Yuzuru's FP costumes, more like the general idea of it (the half jacket part, one side black one white), but Yuzuru has some gold and red in it as well, while Kanako's costume is in black and white with some gray, the only hint of colour being the pink and green (or blue?) rhinestones on the mask on her chest. I don't know, I think they might have consulted, yes, but that there is the same likelihood that they or their designer just came up with similar ideas by observing the costume of the Phantom. Mura's, instead, is very classic.
The shippers have a lot to work with this season though, you can't deny that. What with Kanako retweeting fan-made pictures or fanarts of her and Yuzuru, the music choice with both insisting on wanting to skate to it, Shae-Lynn appearing and then disappearing from Kanako's ISU bio, the similarities in the costumes... :laugh:

I didn't notice the detail of colored rhinestones on Kanako's costume before. I seem to recall reading that Yuzuru thinks colored rhinestones bring luck. Here's wishing both of them luck (and love ;)).

skatefan22

Medalist
Thanks for the video links skatefan22! Would you know what Kanako said in the interview upon her return to Japan?

I don't speak Japanese. But guess more or less the same content as in her previous interview? Could anyone translate? :biggrin:

Another thing to add: both of them seem very determined to make it to the GPF, which amazed me.

Kana said in her recent interview that her goal this season is to make it to the Final. And after the slightly disappointing LP in COC, she tweeted that a 3rd place in COC doesn't mean that she won't have a chance at all to go to the Final, and she will strike back at NHK. This girl has been known for being not very aggressive. She even used to say that it is ok Mao wins and she follows. But this season, we see a much determined Kanako.

As for Yuzu, he risked his health to compete at COC which in many's mind is not an crutial event (e.g., EvgeniPlushenko"a small competition", Akiko "COC should not be his goal"). Brian said Yuzu cried at K&C because he knew that he still have a chance to go to GPF.

And since we talk about Kana's costumes, I would like to say that I particularly love her SP costume.
Some close up:
https://38.media.tumblr.com/05996e22da6bcda304deffac6d94592c/tumblr_neohhykFIj1s3blyqo1_r1_1280.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/87cf0cfe32f31df6957e03289694c0ba/tumblr_neohhykFIj1s3blyqo3_r1_1280.jpg
https://31.media.tumblr.com/87cf0cfe32f31df6957e03289694c0ba/tumblr_neohhykFIj1s3blyqo3_r1_1280.jpg

alia jackson

Record Breaker
Maybe they make a pact, and Yuzu went out there with bandage and all to prove his love :love: Ok just want to make myself feel better after all the drama :no:

Meoima

Match Penalty
^I think your imagination has gone too far. i'd love to see Kanako get the gold at NHK. It's not out of her reach now that Adelina is out.
But if both she and Satoko go clean, who will JSF choose?

As for Yuzuru, I think NHk might be out of question for him. No GPF should be the best. He needs time to heal.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
^I think your imagination has gone too far.QUOTE]

Yeah I know...sorry :slink: I would love Kanako to do well this season, I wonder whether watching Yuzu fighting would ignite the fighting spirit in her. Agree with you the ice prince need a good rest.

skatefan22

Medalist
Maybe they make a pact, and Yuzu went out there with bandage and all to prove his love :love: Ok just want to make myself feel better after all the drama :no:

Like your idea. But realistically speaking, at this stage, love might be a bit too much for them. But they probably make a promise or something like "let's go to GPF together". After all, it is Kana's final season, as long-time team mates, they might well want to compete together in as many cases as possible (using the same theme that they both like) - Cup of China, NHK, GPF, Nationals, and worlds.

skatefan22

Medalist
Anyone for Yuzu & Kana POTO exhibition together ? :biggrin: :popcorn:

Me! Isn't that the reason why they chose the same theme and same GP assignments? wwwwwwwwwww (You know I am joking)

Why are you breacking my dreams? :cry:

Well, a relationship that starts too early usually cannot mature into something long-lasted. I am glad that they seem to be cautious if anything. At this stage, it is wise of hold back some feelings, if they have any but who knows, and focus on their career as competitive skaters. This is an important stage which will set a foundation for their post-athlete career and life.

Meoima

Match Penalty
They didn't choose the saem assignment. JSF assigned them IIRC. NHK is a must for them since Mao and Dai are not there, who is gonna help JSF sell ticket. It must be Yuzuru and Kanako. It's like obligation.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
They didn't choose the saem assignment. JSF assigned them IIRC. NHK is a must for them since Mao and Dai are not there, who is gonna help JSF sell ticket. It must be Yuzuru and Kanako. It's like obligation.

I don't think they need to worry about ticket sell. Figure skating is HUGE in Japan. I know Mao and Dai taking a big part of it but there are people who actually like Figure Skating itself. Last time I check the auction site, the highest ticket price was 100k yen(about $1000). :eek: wish I can buy one but that was one insane price for a ticket.

Meoima

Match Penalty
^ @_@ that price!!!
Still... this season too many drop-out I am so sad. I hope Kanako will get the gold at NHK, the field is quite open there. Gracie can win if she lands all of her jumps but she rarely. Satoko can make it but it also depends on how the tech panel look over her small jumps. :think: If Kanako skates her best she can make it.