Thread: Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

Hybrid View

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar

Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

I want Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold, and Alissa Czisny.

Custom Title
    Gracie, Courtney, and Angela.

Alissa is 85, what's the point?
    Ashley is non-contender, what's the point?
    Give the spots to someone fresh and young, and will carry the torch for the next few years.

Now, if Ashley and Alissa can outskate the young girls, then they earn their spots, and I have no problem with them going. I'm afraid they will be so propped up like the past few years.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Gracie, Courtney, and Angela.

Alissa is 85, what's the point?
    Ashley is non-contender, what's the point?
    Give the spots to someone fresh and young, and will carry the torch for the next few years.

Now, if Ashley and Alissa can outskate the young girls, then they earn their spots, and I have no problem with them going. I'm afraid they will be so propped up like the past few years.
    Rachael Flatt could come back and stir things up.

Custom Title
    Rachael is done. Czisny probably is too. Hopefully it will bet Gao or Wang. Mirai I think needs to get back to the same physical shape she was in 2010 to be competitive again and get those jumps around, but considering she was 16 at the time, I don't know if that's really possible/likely at this point. She looked in shape this season but to me her build was more like a soccer player than typical figure skater, it's not bad and she certainly is not overweight but unless she can transfer her more powerful build into better speed and more powerful jumps, I don't think it's going to do her any favors and I don't see her getting her technical to the point where she can make the Olympics.

Custom Title
    Czisny, Gao and Kwan

Banned
    Chances to make the 2014 Olympic team (has to add up to 300%):

Gold 100%
    Wagner 100%
    Zawadzki 35%
    Gao 30%
    Nagasu 10%
    Hicks 10%
    Everyone else combined 5%

Custom Title
    Gold and Wagner, for sure. But definitely NOT Czisny or Nagasu. I'd like to see Christina Gao get the nod.

Courtney Hicks doesn't have the polish as yet, and she gets dinged for URs. I love Angela Wang, but I'd love her even more if she could skate a decent SP to go with her terrific FSs.

Wagner, Gold, and Gao.

(I'd loooove to see Christina get a ratified 3F-3T back into either or both her programs and show some of that sass that she exhibits in her Twitter updates in her programs next season.)

Ashley, Gracie, and either Christina or Agnes. The third spot doesn't matter TOO much for me, as long as it's not Alissa. She's had enough chances.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post

(I'd loooove to see Christina get a ratified 3F-3T back into either or both her programs and show some of that sass that she exhibits in her Twitter updates in her programs next season.)

Tripping on the Podium
    It would be amazing if it was Alissa, but she would have to earn it. Personally, I am hoping for Gao!

Banned
    I want to see Wagner, Gao, and Czisny, just since Gold has the 2018 and 2022 Olympics in her future probably, and I dont think any U.S lady is going to medal whoever they send, so I just want to see certain ones get the shot to experience an Olympics. However that is never going to happen so Wagner, Gold, and Gao which is actually realistic. I fear it will end up being Wagner, Gold, and Zawadzki more likely though.

The burr up Speedy's Butt! visaliakid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    gold and wagner, for sure. But definitely not czisny or nagasu. I'd like to see christina gao get the nod.
    bingo!

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    I would say Ashley, Mirai, and Gracie.

Given rest I think Ashley will come back strong.

Mirai's season ended early and I think that can fuel her for 2014. I'm hoping she is given music that suits to her strengths, when she is on she is beautiful to watch and is still well received by the Intl judges.

Gracie could be a threat if she works on her consistency and same as Mirai she needs music that suits her, with that being said she needs to work her artistry. I definitely see her being a favorite for 2018, she's young and has a lot potential.