Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

Custom Title
    Wagner and Gold would be obvious choices, baring injury or a major collapse. The third choice would likely be between Mirai, Christina and Agnes. Agnes seem to perform better/ is held up, depending on your point of view, at Nationals, but her internation SB is only 166. Christina and Mirai performed similarly in the Grand Prix, with Christina getting slightly better medals with a slightly easiers draw. Yet she performed poorly in the GP final. Both have almost identical international SB scores of 176. Either would be a good third choice. I don't think Christina has ever been to worlds/ Olympics, while Mirai was only at worlds once (7th), not nearly the number of appearances of Czisny, Flatt, or Wagner.

Custom Title
    Between Agnes & Gao for the third spot, I prefer Agnes slightly over Gao. For most part, I don't like her long program for past two season (for whatever reason she even used the same LP), and her outfits need some change. Anges has harder jumps in her book and better skating skills. Gao's lack of knee bend somehow prevents me from fully appreciate her. But her advantage is that she is getting more consistent, but don't see her doing better than Gracie or Ashley in any aspect.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by b-man View Post
    Both have almost identical international SB scores of 176.
    I do believe that you've forgotten her 189 at the 2011 FCC, and that was without a 3-3.
    I am personally a little biased for Mirai, but she came back strong after a 5th place finish in 2009 to go to the olympics and I think she can do the same this time.
    If I remember correctly, she was suffering from a cold at Nationals which contributed to her lackluster FS. She was in 3rd in the short after all. Plus the international judges seem to score her much better than the US does.

Custom Title
    The question posed was not who do you think but who do you want. Interesting question. I would like to see Caroline Zhang because I think she was robbed last year and she has struggled so much from learning to rid her self of the mule kick to body changes. I would also like to see Rachel flatt because she represents hard work, academics and the all american girl. My final pick would be Michelle Kwan to win her OGM but of those still skating I would love to see Christine Gao simply because she has not gone to world's or oly. will it happen no but that was not the question.

Gracie, Ashley, and Angela (Wang).

My wish - Gracie Gold, Caroline Zhang and Angela Wang or Christina Gao, though I prefer Angela. Change one of the last 3 with Ashley and it can come true. Though it wouldn't be what I really want to see.

Medalist
    Wagner, Gold and either Gao or Zawadski. It would be a dream to see Zhang in there but she's so hot and cold (mostly cold). And Nagasu (in the entire time since Vancouver) has all the goods but just can't stop getting in her own way. I think the American judges always want to give it to her but she'll implode on her own and leave the door open for everyone else. I think Czisny could be a wildcard--it's too hard to say with her injury status.

To me, Wagner and Czisny are the only ones who have generated some international clout in this cycle and if I was the USFSA, I would want to send both. Gold has more recently turned a few heads so I would keep an eye on her too. Gao is my darkhorse--I think she's going to challenge for the 3rd spot.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    I'm still not seeing how Ashley's gonna score 140+ on an LP without a 2A+3T or a 3x3, unless she gets real close to Yuna's PCS and GOE's. Can you provide a hypothetical breakdown of the BV, GOE and PCS that would do it?
    3Sal ... 4.2 ... +1.2 point from GOE = 5.4
    FCCoSp4 ... 3.5 .... +1 point from GOE = 4.5
    3Flip+2Loop+2Loop ... 8.9 ... +1 point from GOE = 9.9
    StSq4 ... 3.9 ... +1.2 point from GOE = 5.1
    -----
    3Lo ... 5.61 ... +1.2 point from GOE = 6.81
    3Lz .... 6.6 ... -.3 point from GOE = 6.3
    LSp4 ... 2.7 ... +1 point from GOE = 3.7
    3Lo + 2A ... 7.39 ... +1 point from GOE = 8.39
    3T + 2A ... 5.51 ... +1 point from GOE = 6.51
    3F ... 5.83 ... +.7 point from GOE = 6.53
    ChSq ... 2.0 ... +1.4 point from GOE = 3.4
    CCoSp4 ... 3.5 ... +1 point from GOE = 4.5

Technical = 71.04
    PCS = 69.0
    TOTAL = 140.04

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    3Sal ... 4.2 ... +1.2 point from GOE = 5.4
    FCCoSp4 ... 3.5 .... +1 point from GOE = 4.5
    3Flip+2Loop+2Loop ... 8.9 ... +1 point from GOE = 9.9
    StSq4 ... 3.9 ... +1.2 point from GOE = 5.1
    -----
    3Lo ... 5.61 ... +1.2 point from GOE = 6.81
    3Lz .... 6.6 ... -.3 point from GOE = 6.3
    LSp4 ... 2.7 ... +1 point from GOE = 3.7
    3Lo + 2A ... 7.39 ... +1 point from GOE = 8.39
    3T + 2A ... 5.51 ... +1 point from GOE = 6.51
    3F ... 5.83 ... +.7 point from GOE = 6.53
    ChSq ... 2.0 ... +1.4 point from GOE = 3.4
    CCoSp4 ... 3.5 ... +1 point from GOE = 4.5

Technical = 71.04
    PCS = 69.0
    TOTAL = 140.04
    Basically the highest GOE, higher than anything she's ever gotten. Coupled with doing every single elements better than she's ever done.
    Coupled with PCS higher than Mao Asada's

LOL. LOL. and LOL.

Her Salchow never get anywhere close to 1.0, let along 1.2.
    Her steps, level 4, and then 1.2 GOE? LOL.

Why don't you buy lottery ticket? I hear 1 2 3 4 5 6 are very likely.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Basically the highest GOE, higher than anything she's ever gotten. Doing every single elements better than she's ever done.
    She has received those GOE scores or HIGHER on almost all of those elements. These are the only two exceptions:

That's exactly why she should do the Salchow off the top of the program (yes it has gotten close to 1.0 btw), with transitions before and after. She COULD get that much +GOE for the jump if she put the focus on it. She usually never focuses on this jump, though, it's just an element somewhere later in the program that she has to do.

As for the steps, she has received Level 4 with 0.9 GOE before. By putting the step sequence earlier in the program when she can focus on it better, I'm quite sure she could achieve 1.2

This is why taking out the 2Axel+3Toe combo is such a benefit for her. Instead of worrying about that risky combo, she can just work on executing reliable elements as well as possible and put more detail in the performance.

Coupled with PCS higher than Mao Asada's.
    By a few tenths of a point...and the PCS you're talked about for Mao is what she received for a flawed performance. This number I propose is still lower than Kostner and Kim. Ashley could most definitely receive 69 in PCS for a great performance, with the right program. She received over 63 at this Worlds with a lackluster program that had a stepout, a very distracting fall, and another balance check. If Ashley had skated her performance from 2012 Worlds this year, after actually making the final flight of skaters going into the LP and having more clout than the year prior, she would have pretty much reached those numbers already.

Ashley needs great programs next season and she needs a better gameplan. The potential is all there. She knows how to perform, she is able to hit good positions, and she has the strength and technical ability to deliver what CoP loves.

Tripping on the Podium
    I just don't see Mirai happening, no offense, but I think her time has passed, and the USFSA has let her know that at the last 2 nationals....
    Gracie and Ashley....then Agnes or Christina.

Tripping on the Podium
    I also have a pretty deep seeded feeling that there will be a North American on the podium at the Olympics, and it wont be a Canadian.

I WANT Mirai, Ashley, and Christina.

I THINK Ashley, Gracie, Agnes.

Custom Title
    There will be four North Americans: Meryl Davis and Charlie White, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

Banned
    Basically the highest GOE, higher than anything she's ever gotten. Coupled with doing every single elements better than she's ever done.
    Coupled with PCS higher than Mao Asada's

LOL. LOL. and LOL.

Why don't you buy lottery ticket? I hear 1 2 3 4 5 6 are very likely.
    Hahaha pretty much. I am sure at Nationals skating cleanly with a 2 axel-3 toe she can get something like that, but that is it.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast