Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year? | Golden Skate

Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Gracie, Courtney, and Angela.

Alissa is 85, what's the point?
Ashley is non-contender, what's the point?
Give the spots to someone fresh and young, and will carry the torch for the next few years.

Now, if Ashley and Alissa can outskate the young girls, then they earn their spots, and I have no problem with them going. I'm afraid they will be so propped up like the past few years.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gold and Wagner, for sure. But definitely NOT Czisny or Nagasu. I'd like to see Christina Gao get the nod.

Courtney Hicks doesn't have the polish as yet, and she gets dinged for URs. I love Angela Wang, but I'd love her even more if she could skate a decent SP to go with her terrific FSs.

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Wagner, Gold, and Gao.

(I'd loooove to see Christina get a ratified 3F-3T back into either or both her programs and show some of that sass that she exhibits in her Twitter updates in her programs next season.)

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Ashley, Gracie, and either Christina or Agnes. The third spot doesn't matter TOO much for me, as long as it's not Alissa. She's had enough chances.

MarkusNJ

Rinkside
It would be amazing if it was Alissa, but she would have to earn it. Personally, I am hoping for Gao!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
I want to see Wagner, Gao, and Czisny, just since Gold has the 2018 and 2022 Olympics in her future probably, and I dont think any U.S lady is going to medal whoever they send, so I just want to see certain ones get the shot to experience an Olympics. However that is never going to happen so Wagner, Gold, and Gao which is actually realistic. I fear it will end up being Wagner, Gold, and Zawadzki more likely though.

noskates

Record Breaker
Why is Ashley a non-contender? But Alissa isn't? How many more chances does Alissa get before she's a non-contender? Sheesh.

I have no clue who's going to be on the podium but Ashley and Gracie will either be 1 and 2 or 2 and 1. Third is up for grabs. If it's Gao I hope her posture and speed improve. If it's Agnes I hope she can skate a clean long program for a change.

Personally I would like to see Mirai Negasu in one of those spots.

ForeverFish

Medalist
1. Gracie
2. Ashley
3. Christina (this is personal preference--given the USFSA's habit of holding her down, I wouldn't be surprised to see Agnes get the nod)

ks777

Record Breaker
Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner and Gao, Wang or Hicks. No more Alissa or Mirai por favor.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to see Wagner, Gao, and Czisny, just since Gold has the 2018 and 2022 Olympics in her future probably, and I dont think any U.S lady is going to medal whoever they send, so I just want to see certain ones get the shot to experience an Olympics. However that is never going to happen so Wagner, Gold, and Gao which is actually realistic. I fear it will end up being Wagner, Gold, and Zawadzki more likely though.

That is a ridiculous reason to leave Gold off the team. You could have used the same logic to keep Nagasu off the 2010 team, and look how she is struggling three and a half years later? By your logic, then, Alissa Czisny should be sent because she is 26 and this is her LAST chance, whether or not her skating is up to par.

The purpose of USFS is not to evenly distribute 'the shot to experience an Olympics'. It is to send the BEST skaters of the season, based on performance at Nationals, whether or not they have the likelihood of winning a medal. To do anything else would make Nationals irrelevant, this year and every other year. Why not have the fans vote on who should be on the team, and forgo Nationals altogether, forever.

flutzy13

On the Ice
I like Ashley, Gracie and GAO, but I would be happy to switch one of my 3 choices with Hanna Miller.

I was almost afraid to post this because she's not conventional choice but i LOVED Hannah at Nationals and thought she had star quality. She skated with joy and musicality and I think she has so much potential. I wish she had done a little better and gotten Junior Worlds, where I think she would have been much more of a contender than the team that was sent. My dream team is Ashley, Gracie, Hannah. Since none of our third lady options are going to be a medal threat, I am all about sending a young talent. But I guess Gao is my choice of the more likely contenders. Please no Agnes or Hicks.

macy

Record Breaker
ashley, gracie, and either gao, zawadzki, or czisny. alissa would have to have an AMAZING season for me to actually wish her to be on the team. i love her, don't get me wrong, but there has to be a lot of improvement. if she has a stellar season, i would want her over the other two since she can score bigger.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
That is a ridiculous reason to leave Gold off the team. You could have used the same logic to keep Nagasu off the 2010 team, and look how she is struggling three and a half years later? By your logic, then, Alissa Czisny should be sent because she is 26 and this is her LAST chance, whether or not her skating is up to par.

The purpose of USFS is not to evenly distribute 'the shot to experience an Olympics'. It is to send the BEST skaters of the season, based on performance at Nationals, whether or not they have the likelihood of winning a medal. To do anything else would make Nationals irrelevant, this year and every other year. Why not have the fans vote on who should be on the team, and forgo Nationals altogether, forever.

Did I say Gold would not deserve to make the 2014 team and wouldnt 100% for certain make it. Of course not. This thread was a wish list based purely on sentiment it seems. What is wrong with creating a purely fantasy team for myself that I know will never happen, for people who have their last shot at the Olympics get to experience it, especialy in a year the U.S isnt doing anything much no matter who they send. Gold is for real, there is no chance she is going to fizzle out in the coming years like Nagasu who was always an enigma of sorts, and barring a fluke career ending injury or something she will for sure have atleast another Olympics after this one, possibly multiple, and her chances to medal in 2018 will likely be alot higher than 2014 too. I just would really like to see Wagner, Czisny, and Gao all get to experience an Olympics as none will likely be around anymore by 2018, and I hate having to leave 1 of Czisny or Gao off (and knowing that there is a good shot both will be off in reality, although Gao especialy could get that 3rd sport). I know Gold will make the team, and unless she bombs at Nationals will deserve to make the team as well, and I never said otherwise, that is why I acknowledged her on all my "realistic" teams, both the one I prefer and the one I predict. I only left her off my fantasy know it will never happen one.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
I would like to see Michelle, Tara and Sarah come out of retirement, if we're doing fantasy dream teams:laugh: Maybe Sasha can have that mythical 4th spot.

I would imagine that, barring a total meltdown, it will be Ashley, Gracie, definitely. I think Alissa Czisny will get the 3rd spot.

I could see Gracie not making it, actually. She's not that consistent and she could still have some sort of growth spurt. Ashley is a lock, I think. She's the only American to skate fairly well 2 years in a row at World's in years.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
i started a thread like this before-became interntnl. Anyway Again , Gold, Wagner, Gao if she takes year off. In Zawadski breaks out of doldrums, then her. Beautiful jumper. Wang or Sesario woulg bring lovely style

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
I'd like Ashley, Gracie and Angela or Courtney. I'd like to see the 3rd spot go to someone who can build on the experience and go to the 2018 games, since that 3rd person isn't going to be in the medal hunt anyway.