Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Thread: Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Yes, but Yu-Na has a 4CC title that Michelle doesn't have (simply because she didn't compete there) and the OGM, Yu-Na, however, has "just" two World title, when michelle has five: for me, at the moments, they're virtually tied; but, if Yu-Na wins a second OGM, her record will definitely be superior to Michelle, and it won't be a matter of opinions, just the evidence of the numbers... However, this doesn't tell anything about who's the best skater, obviously!
    True. Katarina Witt has a better competitive record than Michelle: 2 OGM, 4 Worlds; 6 Europeans.

Banned
    Witts 88 Olympic and World titles were such a complete farce I just disregard them altogether. So really she has 3 World titles and 1 Olympic Gold as far as I am concerned.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jenaj View Post
    True. Katarina Witt has a better competitive record than Michelle: 2 OGM, 4 Worlds; 6 Europeans.
    Much as I like and admire Katarina--her personality, her self-discipline, her consistency--I'd rather watch one program of Michelle's than all the award-winning programs Witt ever skated.

Custom Title
    Gao, Edmunds, and Gold or Wagner

know that is highly unlikely as it would mean one of Gold or Wagner not making it, but I just love Gao and Edmunds.

Down With It
    Fantasy aside, would this Edmunds girl even be old enough for Sochi?

Down With It
    BTW, if Gold or Wagner is injured/unable to go, that's it, another spot opens up. Of course, that also means the extra spot will be lost anyway, so whomever it is better enjoy the heck out of it.

A petition is always possible in that case, but I'm not sure it would be successful (even if it is, she's gonna pull out anyway).

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Fantasy aside, would this Edmunds girl even be old enough for Sochi?
    Yes, I do believe so. Her birthday is listed as May 18, 1998, so she will turn 15 before the July 1 cutoff.

Of course, QUALIFYING for the Olympics is a different matter entirely.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Yes, I do believe so. Her birthday is listed as May 18, 1998, so she will turn 15 before the July 1 cutoff.
    She was born May 1998? Damn, I feel old already

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post

know that is highly unlikely as it would mean one of Gold or Wagner not making it, but I just love Gao and Edmunds.
    in that case who would you want to make it more out of Wagner or Gold. Wagner since it might be her last shot at the Games, or Gold who is "probably" a better medal hope than Wagner for the U.S the way things look now.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post

Edmunds has an inconsistent UR problem (she's very borderline on the second jump and so sometimes gets it and sometimes doesn't) so far AND she's a far likelier bet AFTER Sochi to make the World team (also this will be her first international Junior season...)

she takes the audience on her journey of emotions Layfan's Avatar
    She was born May 1998? Damn, I feel old already
    oh my lord, what???? I was just getting used to Olympic competitors being born in the early 90s. Geez, by the NEXT cycle Olympians will have been born in the 2000s! How did that happen?

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Layfan View Post
    oh my lord, what???? I was just getting used to Olympic competitors being born in the early 90s. Geez, by the NEXT cycle Olympians will have been born in the 2000s! How did that happen?
    Now, let's not get ahead of ourselves I doubt that Edmunds, without any international JUNIOR experience, will spontaneously sprout wings, fly up the ranks, and qualify for the Olympics next year. As mskater93 said, she has technical weaknesses--edge calls on the 3F and a recurring UR problem that NEEDS to be fixed ASAP. She looked absolutely lovely in her flowing white FS costume at Junior Nationals, but she isn't the breakthrough star that Gracie Gold was, and she probably won't even attempt to skate in the 2014 Senior Nationals. Edmunds' time will come in 2018, in Pyeongchang.

But yes. It's almost terrifying how time flies, right?

Custom Title
    Gao, Zawadski, then Gold or Wagner

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Why do all threads become a yuna kim thread seriously?
    My thoughts exactly!

Custom Title
    BTW, if Gold or Wagner is injured/unable to go, that's it, another spot opens up.
    It doesn't necessarily open a spot, it didn't with Flatt in 2011, and it didn't with Czisny in 2012!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast