Chan: I truly believe I deserved to win | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Chan: I truly believe I deserved to win

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry, Skater Boy, but I have no hate against Chan. As I said, his short program was excellent, but those elements didn't rate +3 on my scorecard.

My complaint is with the judging, which I think provided him with a near unreachable lead after the short. I don't even have a complaint against CoP when it is accurately implemented.

I like Patrick Chan very much when he skates to his abilities.

Edit: I agree with you that Hanyu's programs were overscored this year, as well. He may have deserved his wins, but not the scores that took him there. SP at SA being a prime example.

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
Patrick Chan is listening too much too his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mother and his own mother who keep telling him how wonderful he is...... he won't fix the falling problem if his team keeps telling him it doesn't matter.

It appears he is a classic "MOMMA'S BOY" .... i.e. Someone who tries to appear to be all macho, tough and manly, but in reality is dependent upon women for his own self-esteem and maintenance. He thinks too much with his "Johnson" and listens too much to the "Johnsons" - both mother and daughter, and this is, of course, MHO.

He knows his wins with falls are an embarassment to the sport, but his team has convinced him he's the best so on and on and on this goes......

I will be very happy when he retires and I don't have to watch any competitions with him at all. Fortunately, this will happen someday, as it always happens. I will wait patiently.

phaeljones

On the Ice
Patrick Chan is listening too much too his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mother and his own mother who keep telling him how wonderful he is...... he won't fix the falling problem if his team keeps telling him it doesn't matter.

Falling down problem? :scratch: I thought it was the judges telling him it doesn't matter. :p

That is the serious problem for the sport at large.

I think it's not surprising that in the sport that offers so little money there have always been so much corruption. Same thing about skaters fiercely defending their marks - after all only those who finish on the very top can count on getting well enough recognized to be offered serious endorsement (at least that's how I guess it works). I have therefore long time ago stopped caring about all the judging systems, behind-the-scenes intrigues and official results in such competitons, saves me a lot of frustration. I only feel sorry for skaters who get fooled ;/

Nobody seems to be outraged that Asada and Kostner were placed ahead of Li in the freeskate, even though she was much cleaner than both of them.
I am! ;)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Under this scoring system, yes, I can agree that the judging for the men's event was correct, and chan won the competition but if the system allows this (chan winning despite not winning the long) to happen, that means that this system is not working.

Also Patrick should not have to apologise for winning. He had no control over the results and he is not responsible for 'inflation' which if rife amongst the judging.