Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Chan: I truly believe I deserved to win

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by itoja View Post
    And I don't find it amusing at all, when somebody lies and when caught, comes with the inevitable - you don't know the rules.
    Yep. The rules are:

1. Patrick Chan is a god on ice even if he falls 3 times (almost nobody agrees with that except crazy fans and canadians)
    2. Patrick Chan can not be beaten unless he falls 6 times and a top skater is perfect.
    3. When Patrick hits his programs, he deserves 300+.
    4. Judges never overscored Patrick's programs.
    5. The EVIDENCE that he deserved his title is in the scoring sheets. All those +2 or +3 (except for completely failed elements) and 9 pcs are justified, because the judges always do the right thing.
    6. Canadian federation has nothing to do with that, Katelyn Osmond, for example, deserved higher pcs in the LP than Suzuki, even if she fell 2 times.Obviously no favoritism.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zschultz1986 View Post
    And yet, wasn't this vaunted IJS supposed to FIX reputation judging and other forms of corrupt judging? I thought this system was supposed to cure Figure Skating. Obviously, someone has sold us all a bill of goods. IJS is crap.
    I think it´s very naive to believe that any judging system would be able to prevent judges from giving reputation scores. It has always been so and will also be the same in future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Yep. The rules are:

1. Patrick Chan is a god on ice even if he falls 3 times (almost nobody agrees with that except crazy fans and canadians)
    2. Patrick Chan can not be beaten unless he falls 6 times and a top skater is perfect.
    3. When Patrick hits his programs, he deserves 300+.
    4. Judges never overscored Patrick's programs.
    5. The EVIDENCE that he deserved his title is in the scoring sheets. All those +2 or +3 (except for completely failed elements) and 9 pcs are justified, because the judges always do the right thing.
    6. Canadian federation has nothing to do with that, Katelyn Osmond, for example, deserved higher pcs in the LP than Suzuki, even if she fell 2 times.Obviously no favoritism.

I think we can all agree its nothing but Chanflation from the judges
    not to mention Fallmond being overmarked

Custom Title
    How things change. During Chan's LP at the Vancouver Olympics, on his very first fall, the British commentator said "there go his chances for A medal." Not just the gold, but for any medal at all, which is the way it ended, of course. I know there were other factors there, but there is some irony to it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    ^^^ Exactly. Chan's short program was excellent... but it was overscored.
    I am not sure I agree with this considering Hanyu's very generous scores this year in the short program. But why the hatred towards Chan (because the general theme is hatred rather than constructive criticism on this web). I hope this doesn't become like SLC? By all this whining and nastiness we just might further nail the coffin on figure skating. Keep it up folks. You will never satisfy uall ofus. Iti s ridiculous the scoring system keeps on changing like the wind. Remember the Base value for jumps has changed The sport will be killed; sadly in the past people knew the 6.0 system but now we have a system that over the years has changed elemens and values like a jump could be worth 4 in the past and now it is like 3.7 yet it is the same jump. Let's hope the "real" world doesn't read this fighting, whining, complaining, hate mongering on these sites.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Sorry, Skater Boy, but I have no hate against Chan. As I said, his short program was excellent, but those elements didn't rate +3 on my scorecard.

My complaint is with the judging, which I think provided him with a near unreachable lead after the short. I don't even have a complaint against CoP when it is accurately implemented.

I like Patrick Chan very much when he skates to his abilities.

Edit: I agree with you that Hanyu's programs were overscored this year, as well. He may have deserved his wins, but not the scores that took him there. SP at SA being a prime example.

Custom Title

Banned
    Patrick Chan is listening too much too his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mother and his own mother who keep telling him how wonderful he is...... he won't fix the falling problem if his team keeps telling him it doesn't matter.

It appears he is a classic "MOMMA'S BOY" .... i.e. Someone who tries to appear to be all macho, tough and manly, but in reality is dependent upon women for his own self-esteem and maintenance. He thinks too much with his "Johnson" and listens too much to the "Johnsons" - both mother and daughter, and this is, of course, MHO.

He knows his wins with falls are an embarassment to the sport, but his team has convinced him he's the best so on and on and on this goes......

I will be very happy when he retires and I don't have to watch any competitions with him at all. Fortunately, this will happen someday, as it always happens. I will wait patiently.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Boi View Post
    Patrick Chan is listening too much too his girlfriend, his girlfriend's mother and his own mother who keep telling him how wonderful he is...... he won't fix the falling problem if his team keeps telling him it doesn't matter.
    Falling down problem? I thought it was the judges telling him it doesn't matter.

That is the serious problem for the sport at large.

Rinkside
    I think it's not surprising that in the sport that offers so little money there have always been so much corruption. Same thing about skaters fiercely defending their marks - after all only those who finish on the very top can count on getting well enough recognized to be offered serious endorsement (at least that's how I guess it works). I have therefore long time ago stopped caring about all the judging systems, behind-the-scenes intrigues and official results in such competitons, saves me a lot of frustration. I only feel sorry for skaters who get fooled ;/

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Nobody seems to be outraged that Asada and Kostner were placed ahead of Li in the freeskate, even though she was much cleaner than both of them.
    I am!

Welcome, eleventhblueegyptian. Thanks for posting. Post often, post long!

#TeamAUS
    Under this scoring system, yes, I can agree that the judging for the men's event was correct, and chan won the competition but if the system allows this (chan winning despite not winning the long) to happen, that means that this system is not working.

Also Patrick should not have to apologise for winning. He had no control over the results and he is not responsible for 'chanflation' which if rife amongst the judging.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6