Parade of Champions | Golden Skate

Parade of Champions

Antilles

Medalist
Anyone watch? It was quite good. Emanuel sure can dance. D&L had a very intersting program. I liked the rope extension to her costume. L&M did their OD. I was kind of hoping to see something else from them. They're so new that I'm trying to soak in their style.

Buttle did a nice program that he choreagraphed. Also liked L&A. I liked Phaneuf's program, too. I love that Avril Lavigne song.
Rochette did Paint it Black. She hit the ice once, but it was a good program. I liked that she and Wing both wore pants. I wish they could wear them in competition. W&L also did a very intersting program choreagraphed by D&V. Unfortunately Wing played "peak-a-boo" with the audience, if you catch my drift.

Spark

Rinkside
Anabelle and Patrice skated to something from Moulin Rouge. Patrice wore all black and Anabelle wore a black and dark pink dress. I thought the program was pretty good, but they didn't have the enthusiasm they sometimes do.

It's always interesting to see how they order the skaters. They always have the juniors skate first, then the bronze medalists, silver medalists and finish with the champions, but the change the order within those categories. When Shae and Vic were the biggest stars at nationals, they had the dancers in each category go last. When Jamie and David were on top of the world, the pairs in each category went last. This year, the men in each category skated last, and the show closed with Emanuel. Apparently now Emanuel is considered Canada's best hope internationally. :)

Antilles

Medalist
It is interesting that they rotate. it does make sense and add variety to the show. The song L&A did was Your Song by Ewan MacGregor (original was by Elton John).

shine

Record Breaker
Eman rocked :D He's the star in Canadian FS now :D
Joannie's Paint It Black was cool. It shows the upbeat, powerful side of her well. I also liked W/L's number, it was quite different. But did Meghan gain weight? Don't know what to make of D/L's bird program yet...

Antilles

Medalist
I don't think she has gained weight. She has always looked a little bigger than other female skaters. Still tiny by normal standards, I'm sure.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I figured that's what they'd skate to...

to hear they weren't as energetic as they normally are breaks my heart...

always the bridesmaid, never the bride....

they'll make it... they have to! :)

brenlynn

On the Ice
i love joannie's paint it black number. but i often find myself imagining tara lipinski's version, which was far superior. maybe i just miss tara?! lol