Gracie Gold Skates in Awe of YuNa Kim | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold Skates in Awe of YuNa Kim

bebevia

On the Ice
I wish ATS gets braver and invite some of the Japanese skaters too. I understand the PR risk, but at least, when Ito Midori medaled at the Adult competition, I was so disappointed that they didn't invite her. It was coincidentally right after "Kim Yuna's Kiss & Cry" show, where one of the goals was to invite adults into the world of figure skating. I think it's about time, when the rivalry tension is ceasing. Who knows there are secret Yuna-admirers between young Japanese skaters? Same goes for how Yuna doesn't get invited to Japanese shows. (This I think is because Yuna has her own show, perhaps.)

KKonas

Medalist
CAVEAT: This is completely a gut reaction, unsupported by evidence or analysis.

I agree that Gracie seems to be maturing before our eyes. I would even go so far as to say that, in the next cycle, she may be not just a star, but the next American breakout superstar, and a future champion.

(I don't believe in verbal jinxes :laugh:)

Well, Gold better learn some choreography to reach such heights. She skates right through the music. Could be skating to anything.

vera01

Final Flight
Well, if both Yuna and Gracie are assigned to same GP event and if both skaters skate well at that GP event, Gracie will be able to take photos with Yuna on the podium. That would be nice:)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Now THAT would be a pic! I hope they come to SkateAmerica...I want a pic with both of them! (But I bet I only get one with Gracie at the FOFS breakfast....:laugh:)
Carolina was very nice to fans at Worlds by the way....I have pics of her I will post soon...
Well, if both Yuna and Gracie are assigned to same GP event and if both skaters skate well at that GP event, Gracie will be able to take photos with Yuna on the podium. That would be nice:)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Good role model makes her strong and leads into the right path.
You all know...Yuna's was Kwan.

Sorry for GOLD not taking pictures with Yuna.
Yuna did same thing.
When Yuna at 10 met Kwan in training camp in 2000, she was frozen, not a single word...
and now... they are friends.

Don't be disappointed!!

I think Gracie could benefit from watching some of Michelle's programs. Reportedly, Ashley did that to improve her artistry and connection with the audience.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Of course, Boitano! I was limiting myself by trying to think of ladies. You thought outside the box. Brian even attended Michelle's wedding.

In another way, through, Michelle's tradition goes back through her coach, Frank Carroll. Carroll was the student and protege of Maribel Vinson Owen, who was (maybe not coincidentally, the last lady before Michelle to win 9 U.S. national titles.

Michelle also admired Oksana Baiul's artistry and audience connection.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And, AFAIR, Frank Carroll & Lori Nichol made Michelle watch videos of Janet Lynn, as part of improving her Lyra Angelica program.