Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Short Morozov Interview Regarding his Skaters' Placement at Worlds.

Short Morozov Interview Regarding his Skaters' Placement at Worlds.

Morozov said that Amodio had a back injury during Worlds, I did not know that.

http://www.morozov-team.com/article/67.html

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Morozov said that Amodio had a back injury during Worlds, I did not know that.

http://www.morozov-team.com/article/67.html
    Lol he had to go back on what he said about dropping Ilinykh and Katsalapov if they didn't challenge for the podium at worlds.

I used Google translator, and it came out that Alena wants to work on a 3A this summer?? I think it's a translation mistake because she usually makes mistakes even in the 2A...

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    If I were one of his skaters, I might ask myself why all the talented skaters in his stable are not in the ascendancy...

He's got some terrific athletes, yet all of them underperformed at the most important event of the year.

I'm not saying ISU has turned on Morozov, but something has led to these across-the-board results... training and preparation perhaps?

Custom Title
    ^^ Injuries, nerves, age maybe? Inexperience and or some questionable calls on his part may also have done them in. However, they all had their bright moments. They need to aim for consistency next season. The one that consistently under performed for the whole year was Leonova. She will have a very difficult time making the Olympic team next season, if its even possible. Why did she not get into shape until the very end of the season? She seems to abhor working with a very stern coach (her previous coach) so she goes to Morozov but yet she herself doesn't do what she needs to. I wish them well for the coming year

Custom Title
    Now leonova knows that tuktamisheva and sotnikova aren't that much of a career killer at all with leonova beating one of them in the sp and coming close to beating the other. 9th and 10th vs 13! Big deal. Leonova accomplished a world silver and then her "betters" really weren't so great and lost Russia a place. So everyone was wrong really. Liza and Adelina aren't so much better than she is and she can go to Sochi just as much as they can.

Banned
    Piseev said to Echo of Moscow that Morozov "failed everything this season". I wonder if it's just harsh interview words or there will be some changes done by RusFed in Morozov's group after WTT.
    http://www.echo.msk.ru/sounds/1035504.html

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Piseev said to Echo of Moscow that Morozov "failed everything this season". I wonder if it's just harsh interview words or there will be some changes done by RusFed in Morozov's group after WTT.
    Interesting and sadly true: the only skater that had a very good competition has been Amodio at Euros 2013; I/K at Euros received very high marks and a very good placement, but their programs could have been A LOT better... All the other skaters and performances:

Custom Title
    The Russian FED has been waiting a long time to put Morozov in his place; added bonus it takes the spotlight off the Kovtun/Menchov fiasco. All his comments came before Morozov even discussed the issues within the group. Russians always strike me to be myopic at best never really giving much thought to the bigger picture. What a perfect way to promote your own coaches and athletes just before the start of the Olympic season. Yes, mistakes were made this season but a lot of this should be discussed in private, IMHO. Risks were taken that many didn't like but that doesn't make everything a failure. No wonder Gorshkov's main goal for the athletes at WTT is for them to become a team. http://www.rsport.ru/figure_skating/...652644149.html Their elders haven't a clue how to do so. I wish the entire team well at WTT and in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Interesting and sadly true: the only skater that had a very good competition has been Amodio at Euros 2013; I/K at Euros received very high marks and a very good placement, but their programs could have been A LOT better... All the other skaters and performances:
    Like amodios programs were better? I/k won the fd. Biggest success of the season totally.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Piseev should be fired. He was in charge for Vancouver. Gorshkov is responsible for London worlds. Russian fs was a huge disaster in singles and they won't take any responsibility.

I always had the impression Gorshkov was handling all
    Piseev was just the PR ? Gorshkov is the better of the two anyways

Custom Title
    I used Google translator, and it came out that Alena wants to work on a 3A this summer?? I think it's a translation mistake because she usually makes mistakes even in the 2A...
    WHAT??!??!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I always had the impression Gorshkov was handling all
    Piseev was just the PR ? Gorshkov is the better of the two anyways
    Seems like they're equally bad

Rinkside
    Not a translation mistake - the interviewer says something about how Alena has said she wants to try new things over the summer - for example, the triple axel. But I think it was the interviewer who was suggesting it, rather than implying that Alena herself said she wants to try 3A...

If she does want to work on 3A..... uhh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast