Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: New Stars born this season - names?

Custom Title
    I love Pogo and Gosviani and feel bad that some people are trying to write off what they accomplished this season as nothing special. No, they might not suddenly be the best in the World or even in their country, but this time last year, very few people were even familiar with either of them (I know I wasn't) and now this season, they are well known with good results to back them up, outperforming a bunch of more well known Russian girls who have been touted as stars in the past and still aren't being written off as "not good enough" or "done" now so come on, give credit where credit is due. They are only 14 and 16 years old, there is plenty of time to still improve and gain more consistency, and for both girls the improvement since last season is really remarkable, they can do 3lz-3t and 3f-3t respectively and that is no easy feat for female skaters! I think they can both be stars, there is something special in both of the girls, not only are they beautiful and strong in the jumps, but in terms of the presentation, it stands out, unique.

Custom Title
    while Gold has been on the radar for a while nice to see Canada with a decent woman - Osmond. She is developing just fine for Canada. duhamel and Radford and Moscovitch Towers and moore are also break out stars. I won't consider Ten a break out star ten because it was thought years ago he might be a contender. Wow lots of Canadians

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I think Chock/Bates should be mentioned in Ice Dance. They have been together less than two years and this was their first Worlds as a team---their 7th place was a great achievement.
    ITA. D&W debuted at Worlds in 7th place, V&M debuted in 6th. It's an impressive start. They also won bronze at 4CC's. Last year they were 5th in US Nationals, so this has been a breakout season for them.

Another team that's new to me this season is the current German pairs champions, Proelss & Blommaert (still in Juniors, but with S&S not at German nationals, they won.)

And one I'm watching for a breakout next year is little Ivett Toth of Hungary, who was just barely eligible for Juniors this year and has a lot of style.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    while Gold has been on the radar for a while nice to see Canada with a decent woman - Osmond. She is developing just fine for Canada. duhamel and Radford and Moscovitch Towers and moore are also break out stars. I won't consider Ten a break out star ten because it was thought years ago he might be a contender. Wow lots of Canadians
    Yeah Osmond was a nice surprise and Gabby Daleman and Alaine Chartrand are pretty strong skaters as well, taking 2nd and 3rd at senior Nationals and placing 6th and 8th at JW. They both have all the triples and can do 3-3 combos (Daleman 3t-3t, Chartrand 3lz-3t and 3lz-1/2lo-3s). Alaine just turned 17 so is unlikely to get hit by the puberty monster now, and though Gabby is only recently 15, she looks mature physically already, so the future of ladies skating for Canada looks pretty bright between Osmond and those two. Daleman and Chartrand also both get HUGE height on their jumps, especially for girls who are so small ( I think they are both just 5 feet tall).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4