Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What was NBC thinking??!!

What was NBC thinking??!!

Why the heck are they playing the skating recap smack in the middle of the NCAA tournament?! Won't lie I'm watching the Louisville/Coloraldo State game -- not skating....

Custom Title
    Why do we assume they were thinking in the first place? Or maybe the poor things are oblivious to the concept of online video streaming...

Well it's halftime so will watch a little.

Heard something interesting: Louisville doesn't let up even when they are ahead. They play like its a tie... Would love to see that from some of the top skaters.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    They were thinking that people who don't like basketball might conceivably watch skating. If even you were watching bball, Mrs. P, they were clearly wrong.

However, real TV is lots better than streaming, especially when my stream crashes and my TV doesn't Plus it's nice to have the audio & video properly synched. ANd if the TV is in HD, the detail is well, well worth it.

Well you're right the picture quality is better so I'm trying to go back and forth. But it's way better to watch Louisville's full court press than watch Patrick Chan stumble his way to a world title.

Too true. But don't miss the coverage of D&W's FD-it's really well filmed, and was presented between the men's and ladies.

But Denis Ten is lovely to watch on tv..

He is! And D&W up next.

Frank in the KnC was hilarious with him jaw dropped, literally, and his mouth wide open.

I don't know whether he was astonished that Denis was not 1st, or that he was not 3rd

Louisville's exact quote "We play as its zero-zero." Totally dig that.

Nope Reynolds first.

Ah D&W were lovely on tv. luckily Louisville is just giving a clinic right now.. so will probably switch on for the ladies.

If not for my TiVo I wouldn't have even known that the broadcast was today. I really haven't seen any alerts on NBC that they would be airing the event... although upon further review, I don't regularly watch anything on NBC right now.

Also, they started airing at Noon, when most people are lunching. Usually, they begin airing skating around 2pm on weekends.

Overall, I'm surprised because the Olympics are next year. You'd think they'd want to get some interest generated. IMHO, they'd have been better off airing during primetime Saturday. With the exception of basketball (which I won't be watching), there's only re-runs on tonight.

Custom Title
    I was at work this afternoon. I missed it, I'm sorry to say.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post

Overall, I'm surprised because the Olympics are next year. You'd think they'd want to get some interest generated.
    Same. I remember Worlds 2009 was on prior to the Vancouver Olympics--Yuna was on TV. I don't understand why they chose to highlight the GP series this year but not the World Championships.

And they need to promote D/W. Goodness knows that they're only sure chance of a podium placement that the U.S. has got in any event that the ice dance team participates in. USFSA needs to get its promotional **** together.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast