GP Speculation 2013-2014 Ice Dance | Golden Skate

GP Speculation 2013-2014 Ice Dance

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's a list of GP 'guarantees' after Worlds 2013 data has been added. I have edited World Ranking lists to remove 2010-2011 points and reduce 2011-2012 points to 70% of their value.

Top 12 at Worlds are guaranteed two GP events each. * = seeded.
* Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
* Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
* Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
* Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
* Kaitlin WEAVER / Andrew POJE
* Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV
Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI
Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO
Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES

The top 24 on World Rankings and/or Seasons Best Lists are guaranteed at least one GP event each.
The lists below do not include the top 12 at Worlds 2013

Top 24 World Rankings AND Seasons Best:
Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND
Alexandra STEPANOVA / Ivan BUKIN
Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV
Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
Isabella TOBIAS / Deividas STAGNIUNAS

Top 24 World Rankings only:
Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON
Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS
Cathy REED / Chris REED

Top 24 Seasons Best only:
Siobhan HEEKIN-CANEDY / Dmitri DUN
Tanja KOLBE / Stefano CARUSO
Lynn KRIENGKRAIRUT / Logan GIULIETTI-SCHMITT

wishonastar

On the Ice
chuckm, so if a team is in both the top 24 World Rankings, and top 24 in Season's best that gives them one GP a possible second? Or are they eligible for two to start? I understand that making one or the other gives you one GP, but have never been sure what happens if you make both...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Having both WR and SB in the top 24 still only guarantees you one GP event. Some skaters will get 2, but it's not guaranteed, as there are a limited number of slots, especially in pairs and dance. However, when there are withdrawals, often a team with one event will get a second one as a substitute.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
So the speculation then is which events the top 6 will skate? The interesting thing about GP entry lists is what the host picks are.

Starting with Skate America:
Meryl & Charlie will, of course, be there. Since C&B and S&S get two events guaranteed, I'm sure they won't be invited. So I guess the two host picks will be A&E (USFS often gives their kids up from juniors a host pick) and either Lynn & Logan or Hubbell & Donohue. There are rumors SkAm will be in Detroit this year....but there were also rumors that it would be in Detroit last year. It would be amazing for so many of the dancers if it were Detroit.

However, USFSA may for strategic reasons choose to do some kind of deal with the Chinese and use one of their host picks that way instead of picking 2 US teams

I hope they invite Zhiganshina & Gaszi. Their programs this year were so entertaining!

And from the second group of skaters (4-6), I hope we get Anna & Luca.

I would not be surprised to see R&T at SkAm.