Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Stars On Ice Canada - Opening Night In Halifax Review

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar

Stars On Ice Canada - Opening Night In Halifax Review

I've posted a full review of opening night in Halifax at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca.

Custom Title
    Thanks so much!

It sounds like a completely sublime program. You are one lucky duck.

Custom Title
    Thank you for your review

Is there any video of V/M's new gala program? I was looking forward to seeing it, but I can't find it on YouTube.

Thank you (from an "honourary" Canadian)!

Thanks for your review! Sounds like a great show with a wonderful cast!

Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    You are are all very welcome! I am uploading what's on my camera now. I have videos of:

Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?

where do we find them onyoutube? thanks.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    You are are all very welcome! I am uploading what's on my camera now. I have videos of:

Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?
    I understand your worries. I don't know how that works on YouTube. Will you get yourself into trouble? I tend to be a worrywart about such things.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Is there any video of V/M's new gala program? I was looking forward to seeing it, but I can't find it on YouTube.
    V/M - "Stay" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbKCQ8AP0cY

Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    I've posted a full review of opening night in Halifax at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca.
    Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with us via your review and videos.

Custom Title
    ...and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely...
    Yes, the performances are usually recorded by CBC at the Copps Coliseum show in Hamilton/Ontario.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I understand your worries. I don't know how that works on YouTube. Will you get yourself into trouble? I tend to be a worrywart about such things.
    Youtube appears to have an automated system which can detect segments of copyrighted video and/or audio within your uploaded video. It likely will only detect copyrighted material if you recorded the video from a TV source etc. (how can the system possibly match video you recorded yourself at an event, except perhaps music?).

Within the Youtube video manager, there is a link next to the uploaded video called "matched third party content". If you click on that link, it takes you to a screen which tells you what the "potential" violation may be. In the past, I had uploaded a video of MT/M's LP at Canadian Nationals which had been flagged as copyrighted by Universal Sports (I would have thought CTV should have the rights???). If there is a possible violation, I don't usually leave the video uploaded too long (just in case). Likewise, an upload of Daleman's National's SP was flagged due to her music being identified as copyrighted. That video is still viewable on my channel, without complaints. If there is an offending copyright complaint, the Youtube people may block access to the video. I don't know if they issue a warning, since I have never had a video blocked, or received any warnings myself. I have heard if you consistently have too many ignored copyright complaints, they may temporarily close your account for a period of time. As an extra precaution, I keep my channel unlisted so videos do not appear on the Youtube general searches.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Youtube's detection is particularly good for audio. My grandson, when he was 11, got a warning for uploading a video of himself playing the guitar and singing John Lennon's Christmas Song. Needless to say, his voice does not sound like John Lennon's and his living room does not look anything like any venue where John Lennon performed. And I don't believe Lennon ever recorded Christmas Song as a solo act, playing an acoustic guitar. The title was Merry Christmas from Cam...

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Not about opening night per se, but Ashley Wagner blogged for CSOI on Apr 24:

Just some lighthearted behind-the-scenes color. Nothing newsy (and no references to Mills or Mr. Nicks).

(Wasn't sure whether Wagner's blog item already was posted in another GS thread. Although this thread is not a perfect fit, it seemed like the best option to me.)

Banned
    SOI, Hamilton:

Jeff (tiny clip):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ9zMqyh2Is
    Kurt (very tiny clip ):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7Fo5hZicJI
    PC:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5zB-4You3A

Is it considered cool to show up in a show in some 20cent T-shirt and not in a designed costume?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast