Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Polina Shelepen to compete for Israel

Custom Title
    Russia had no problem snatching Volosozhar from Ukraine. But I suppose Russia regards Ukraine as a vassal state.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Yes, of course. duh lol I guess, as a citizen, she is subject to the legally mandatory military service after she reaches the appropriate age.
    Yes and No.
    It's a complicated issue.
    Basically if she lives abroad at the age of 16, then she isn't subject to military service, but there are limitations to the number and duration of visits she can do in
    Israel, without being enlisted (until a certain age, I believe its 21).
    If she does enlists-she will most likely get an "elite sportswoman" status-which means she won't get hurt.
    She can always pull a "Bar Rafaeli" and get married-Married women are not subject to military service.

Don't forget that the Israeli army is not the Russian army.

Quote Originally Posted by TryMeLater View Post
    Yes and No.
    It's a complicated issue.
    Basically if she lives abroad at the age of 16, then she isn't subject to military service, but there are limitations to the number and duration of visits she can do in
    Israel, without being enlisted (until a certain age, I believe its 21).
    If she does enlists-she will most likely get an "elite sportswoman" status-which means she won't get hurt.
    She can always pull a "Bar Rafaeli" and get married-Married women are not subject to military service.

Don't forget that the Israeli army is not the Russian army.
    IN addition under the sportswoman status she would not be enlisted the way most people are- she'd be given time to train, able to compete, and as noted not given an assignment where injury was in ANY way likely.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4