Urgent prayer | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Urgent prayer

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Really sorry to hear about your loss, skateluvr.

Both my parents are here, so I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. But, like you, I have always been very close to my Mum, and I know I would be lost without her. So, I can relate to you in that respect.

There was another forum that I was a member of a few years back (unfortunately, it has since closed down because the group has split up), and it was like a big family.

I may not have been on this forum for long, but already I can see that very close bonds have developed between some members. It can be very comforting in times of hardship to be able to call on people who you are close to, but who are detached from the situation.

I hope that the support you are getting on here is giving you some comfort at this difficult time.

CaroLiza_fan

skateluvr

Record Breaker
thankyou carolizafan-all the way from ireland. i spent 4 days there in 78. i loved it-travel was going to be my life. my brother is pleasant but they will leave. i am truly lost. funeral monday. easter will have the church filled with lilies. it will smell like heaven. I can't imagine such a short time to see her before the mass. i wish john paul would appear to me and tell me not to be afraid.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Skatelvr, your inbox is full, so I hope you don't mind my posting this message of condolence for you here:

Forgive me if I seem impertinent, for we do not know each other in real life.

Your posts indicate you are a woman of faith, a faith that we share, although I am not Catholic.

I pray that the Comforter will provide you with peace and assurance regarding your mother in the difficult days ahead.

I lost my mother to ovarian cancer 8 years ago, and I still think of her everyday. As time passed, so did the pain. Now my memories are pleasant and happy ones... for the most part, anyway. Trust me when I tell you that things will get easier.

I was lucky in that I did not grieve alone. My wife and my son were of great help to me. I worry because you seem so despondent and do not appear to have anyone close to you. I hope you will consider grief counseling or another coping strategy until you can get back on your feet emotionally and spiritually. Perhaps your Church has a program that could help.

Although we are only internet companions, I still care about you and I worry for you. It will be hardest until the funeral is over, and then things will seem a bit less scattered. The funeral does provide some closure, and I look forward to that for you.

I think that Tonto's advice is really wise. Perhaps you can see what face-to-face help is available to get you through this major loss. Bearing something like this alone is exponentially harder than bearing it with some kind of company.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Skateluvr, words can't begin to express how sorry I am for such a tremendous loss.

Please know that I will be praying for you, your beloved mother, and your family over this Easter weekend. The grace of God heals all wounds, though closure won't come easily or quickly. Also, please remember that you are not alone--in these times, it is like a lifeline to remember that religion and the presence of family will make coping so much less painful. In addition, all of your friends from GoldenSkate will be keeping you and your mother in our thoughts.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
thank you-i've hired quickly a night time pca...may i finally have luck. state pays lttle, no vacay hours-only 4 holidays pay extra. and they are expected to be trained by the sick person. the stress two people caused i am sure exhausted my mom. my bro and wife must return to work tuesday. I cannot imagine all I must do. And pray God finally sends just one person who will help me stand. I know when young-there were opportunities, but illness is not a desired trait. All your words matter. And it shows how despite contentious battles in the threads, we have fine, caring people. Sometimes on religious sites, one is offered platitudes. It is hard, so I thank profusely those who see this is a little community of skate fans, but our common humanity is what truly brings us together.

I have noticed Toni is missing. Is she ok? On vacay?

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Skateluvr, I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

Parents are so hard to lose. My dad passed away over 20 years ago and my mom passed away 5 years ago this Easter Sunday, March 31. Those 5 years have been sad as well as reflective. I know that she has been with me through a couple of rough spots in my life. My mom would have given her life for each one of her children if she were asked.

When we had her wake service I played this song among others but this song is like she is speaking to her children. The song was what I think was in her heart and what she would have said to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QFyKnMIa_4

I never heard this. She is so gifted, her voice is so remarkable and the words are so real...ty dee

Good to hear you have a night helper. Take it day by day.

I think Toni is taking a break because it's the dog racing season--pardon me, the mushing season--and she has her job handling some aspect of the Seavey family's online presence. I'm sure she'll be back with stories to tell, especially since one of the Seaveys just won the Iditarod. It's been awhile, though; I hope she comes back to us soon.

Johar

Medalist
I am so sorry for your loss. Doesn't seem fair at all. ((hugs)). We will be here for you. Sound off anytime you want. Having lost my dad, mim and sis within a few years, I know how this can hurt. All of a sudden nobody is there and it's scary and sad at once.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Thank you sillylionlove. That is one great screen name. I have to get thru monday. having one's mother die holy week, and having her executor in hawaii makes for a long hellish wait for the worst day of your life. M mother was my family, despite the bad, I turned to her every day the last two years, and can't help but feel my constant problems hastened her brain stem obliteration. I have gotten solace from many new to me skates and old ones I seldom watch, like janet Lynn. Rudy galindo is inspirational too. I hope those who have lost the person they love most feel safe in reaching out here in cafe.

We are human beings first, skate fans somewhere down the list. The consolation skate thread has gems. this and spiritdaily with many pope francis threads have been a diversion. besides FSU, I don't know many skating sites and forums. I have noticed that most Goordeeva/gronkov skates disappeared. I could not watch vocalise. It was just too painful. All of us of a certain age still remeber Sergei. I think Katia has firmly closed the door long ago, but Sergei's face still touches me so. I'm a kulik fan, but I think there was something very special and kindly, and humble about Sergei. I don't watch too many skates.

I am being ostracized because I am ill, like 28 years. I am afraid. I am good, kind, and have saved and changed lives. I don't understand this life, my life, the world, the good God. It should get clearer as you grow old, but it does not. Tomorrow is Easter and I have doubts. Mother Theresa doubted for 50 years. Benedict found God 'asleep." I wish everyone a good Easter, and especially anyone here who is alone. I have cleaned out my box. I can suffer and have everything if God would just give me one person to help carry my cross. I need unshakeable faith, but it is weak. And so many articles say the resurrection is a story. To be a Christian is so difficult. Maybe in religion/politics folder, some of the very bright folks here who have lived most of their life will weigh in about their thoughts.

GS has so many bright uber educated people. This Easter I find it hard to be grateful. Many of you have shared your loss with me. If it seems more appropriate in pm, I'd like to know how to let go when every thing reminds you of this person you can't talk to anymore. If I had children, my own family, this would be bearable, but i don't and it isn't. Any suggestions gratefully accepted. Happy Easter to those who celebrate. Skateluvr.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
When I am in my darkest moments....when I am in great back pain and my knees wont work for instance.....my best friend, who is a current state trooper and a person I met when I worked for the patrol and who is very strong mentally, looks me in the eye and says, "You WILL get through this." He has said it to me a number of times and he has always been right....I know it is hard to think there is a future...and it is ok to cry, to grieve, to scream into one's pillow, and if necessary, take seditives....I remember the day Sergei died....while I hurt, I cant imagine what K. felt. But she got through it. I wish strength for you to get through this loss too....

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chris, you couldn't have stated this more sensitively than you did. :agree:

skateluvr

Record Breaker
My mother was buried Monday and I feel so lost, exhausted and confused. I have lost my faith pretty much based on my family. I can't take care of a house alone. I loved my mom deeply as I'm very caring, but even now she left a mess. no letter, my jewelry to her gone missing, no box with original will and my callous bro back in hawaii. they ruined the day, can't say here how. I'm just online reading and watching skating vids. I had help today, her house was left dirty and so much more. If God loved me, someone in 7 billion would have come years ago. I am watching you tube videos but am very afraid there is no real afterlife. I know of all the Catholic and other apparitions. If God does not help you personally then his existence mattrs not. I am broken, and want to go wherever God is. Mother Mary is so important to me-but I'm clearly a nobody nothing and not worthy of miracles, a vision of my parents. I'm not wanted. And I feel like an orphan. My life was with my parents for so long as a disabled adult. No one reaches out, it is all my worst fears. I don't have a reason anymore. Thank you for prayers, thoughtful videos. I watched them all. Now what do I fight on for? I am online in bed and push myself to get up. I don't think I am really getting that she is dead. It terrified me for so long. It does not seem real. Forgive me for sharing. I watched Oksana videos til late last night. She really had a beautiful skating style. Jumps or not, she was different than most, even todays skaters are rarely that elegant. I think I saw many vids I never saw in the 90's. How I wish for those old competitions.

deedee1

Record Breaker
To skateluvr:
Here I am sending my love and deepest sympathy to you.

I, as someone who lost own mother more than ten years ago but still feels pains in heart on a day like this Sunday, can imagine how you would be feeling right now. This weekend must be so hard for you. During last year's off season I talked with Olympia and other GS members who did lose a parent/parents that how hard it is for anyone to bear own sorrow on such days like Mother's/Father's Day, Thanksgivind Day or Christmas season when people normally use as family reunion...especially the first year is the hardest one being wihtout this very loved ones... For me back then, it was like I completely lost in the darkness alone, or felt as if I were in the another planet myself, and watching all TV/magazines full of carnations/flowers, a smiling mother & daughter ads...

(((skateluvr))) May your good memories with your mother be a source of comfort.

from deedee, sincerely hoping my clumsy grammar and picking up wrong/inappropriate English words do not hurt you...

Yes, Mothers Day is especially difficult for all of us whose mothers aren't with us. Look for ways to find comfort, and think back to the happiest memories. I'm recalling all the times we laughed together, and which flowers she loved. Lilacs were a special favorite.

To skateluvr and the rest of you, stay strong.