Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Urgent prayer

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Skateluvr, I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

Parents are so hard to lose. My dad passed away over 20 years ago and my mom passed away 5 years ago this Easter Sunday, March 31. Those 5 years have been sad as well as reflective. I know that she has been with me through a couple of rough spots in my life. My mom would have given her life for each one of her children if she were asked.

When we had her wake service I played this song among others but this song is like she is speaking to her children. The song was what I think was in her heart and what she would have said to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QFyKnMIa_4

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    So sorry to hear of your loss, Skateluvr. I feel sure your mother's and your father's spirits will be with you as you face life here without them, though I know that is not much comfort right now compared to having your dear mother with you. Thinking of you.

Custom Title
    Skateluvr - tried to send you a private message but your mailbox is full. I feel so bad for you and wish I was closer. Even though hardly any of us know each other we do spend time "talking" to each other and it feels like we're mostly all friends. I do think that passing on during Holy Week is a special time and your dear mother will bask in the grace of God at this time. My prayers go out to you and your family and even your sick kitty at this time. Be strong and know that you do have friends here.

TY...its a mess-bless you who have bothered to show me kindness. I will watch and listen tonight. I locked the only set of keys and my cell with all numbers in the house-my brother will kill me. So frazzled and I forget alot anywat (chemical meningitis.) Now I can't find him listed in hotel. Nightmare. I am so soothed by music/skating/our great threads-even the little spats. Please forgive me Paula. I surely meant no harm. Lord help me. Thank you for great offerings. I just cannot call people-I beg God's help through all people. Your prayers can only help. I am very alone, terrified. Bless you.

Custom Title
    skateluvr, you and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss.

Custom Title
    Skateluvr, please check in with us today. We're all worried about you.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear about your loss, skateluvr.

Both my parents are here, so I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through. But, like you, I have always been very close to my Mum, and I know I would be lost without her. So, I can relate to you in that respect.

There was another forum that I was a member of a few years back (unfortunately, it has since closed down because the group has split up), and it was like a big family.

I may not have been on this forum for long, but already I can see that very close bonds have developed between some members. It can be very comforting in times of hardship to be able to call on people who you are close to, but who are detached from the situation.

I hope that the support you are getting on here is giving you some comfort at this difficult time.

CaroLiza_fan

thankyou carolizafan-all the way from ireland. i spent 4 days there in 78. i loved it-travel was going to be my life. my brother is pleasant but they will leave. i am truly lost. funeral monday. easter will have the church filled with lilies. it will smell like heaven. I can't imagine such a short time to see her before the mass. i wish john paul would appear to me and tell me not to be afraid.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Skatelvr, your inbox is full, so I hope you don't mind my posting this message of condolence for you here:

Forgive me if I seem impertinent, for we do not know each other in real life.

Your posts indicate you are a woman of faith, a faith that we share, although I am not Catholic.

I pray that the Comforter will provide you with peace and assurance regarding your mother in the difficult days ahead.

I lost my mother to ovarian cancer 8 years ago, and I still think of her everyday. As time passed, so did the pain. Now my memories are pleasant and happy ones... for the most part, anyway. Trust me when I tell you that things will get easier.

I was lucky in that I did not grieve alone. My wife and my son were of great help to me. I worry because you seem so despondent and do not appear to have anyone close to you. I hope you will consider grief counseling or another coping strategy until you can get back on your feet emotionally and spiritually. Perhaps your Church has a program that could help.

Although we are only internet companions, I still care about you and I worry for you. It will be hardest until the funeral is over, and then things will seem a bit less scattered. The funeral does provide some closure, and I look forward to that for you.

Custom Title
    I think that Tonto's advice is really wise. Perhaps you can see what face-to-face help is available to get you through this major loss. Bearing something like this alone is exponentially harder than bearing it with some kind of company.

Miserere Nobis
    Skateluvr, words can't begin to express how sorry I am for such a tremendous loss.

Please know that I will be praying for you, your beloved mother, and your family over this Easter weekend. The grace of God heals all wounds, though closure won't come easily or quickly. Also, please remember that you are not alone--in these times, it is like a lifeline to remember that religion and the presence of family will make coping so much less painful. In addition, all of your friends from GoldenSkate will be keeping you and your mother in our thoughts.

thank you-i've hired quickly a night time pca...may i finally have luck. state pays lttle, no vacay hours-only 4 holidays pay extra. and they are expected to be trained by the sick person. the stress two people caused i am sure exhausted my mom. my bro and wife must return to work tuesday. I cannot imagine all I must do. And pray God finally sends just one person who will help me stand. I know when young-there were opportunities, but illness is not a desired trait. All your words matter. And it shows how despite contentious battles in the threads, we have fine, caring people. Sometimes on religious sites, one is offered platitudes. It is hard, so I thank profusely those who see this is a little community of skate fans, but our common humanity is what truly brings us together.

I have noticed Toni is missing. Is she ok? On vacay?

Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    Skateluvr, I will keep you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.

Parents are so hard to lose. My dad passed away over 20 years ago and my mom passed away 5 years ago this Easter Sunday, March 31. Those 5 years have been sad as well as reflective. I know that she has been with me through a couple of rough spots in my life. My mom would have given her life for each one of her children if she were asked.

When we had her wake service I played this song among others but this song is like she is speaking to her children. The song was what I think was in her heart and what she would have said to us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QFyKnMIa_4
    I never heard this. She is so gifted, her voice is so remarkable and the words are so real...ty dee

Custom Title
    Good to hear you have a night helper. Take it day by day.

I think Toni is taking a break because it's the dog racing season--pardon me, the mushing season--and she has her job handling some aspect of the Seavey family's online presence. I'm sure she'll be back with stories to tell, especially since one of the Seaveys just won the Iditarod. It's been awhile, though; I hope she comes back to us soon.

I am so sorry for your loss. Doesn't seem fair at all. ((hugs)). We will be here for you. Sound off anytime you want. Having lost my dad, mim and sis within a few years, I know how this can hurt. All of a sudden nobody is there and it's scary and sad at once.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast