The Curse of Patrick Chan *wink* | Page 2 | Golden Skate

The Curse of Patrick Chan *wink*

emdee

Final Flight
It's OK, Bluebonnett. You can start a Patrick Chan's Blessing thread. You see, the American male skater who trains with and befriends him tends to become US Champion against all odds - Bradley and Aaron. Joshua Farris, who admires Patrick and credits his help, has had great success including US and Worlds Junior titles. (Verner, OTOH, has crashed and burned since he criticized Patrick's win.)

Just flip the humour chip and play along. ;)

How true that is!
I dont think anyone expected Bradley to become US Champion. I remember when Patrick and Ryan both tried to grow a moustache ( for Movember?) and Ryan joking that Patrick had only a few scraggly hairs!
Now he is friends with Max the only skater whom he allowed to skate on the ice with him in Colorado and yes Max became the US champion.
Havent heard anything about Farris and Chan.

Its a hard time for us Chan fans but its also a hard time for a lot of men's fans with injuries etc ( other than Denis Ten fans)

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
Bluebonnet, I am sorry I offended. I am a Chan fan, and the way he gets castigated, I sometimes feel his haters DO perceive him as the skating equivalent of He Who Must Not Be Named.

The good thing about curses, is that, like rules, they are made to be broken. As a Canadian, I've lived through the "Canadian Olympic Flagbearer Curse" (broken), the "No Olympic Gold for Canada on Canadian Soil Curse" (broken, and how!), and hope to see the "Canadian Men's Olympic Curse" broken next year.

But not expecting it, oh no. Patrick's winning Worlds this year has relieved me of all anxiety. He Cannot Win Olympic Men's Gold Now. Whereas, if he had not won Worlds this year, I would have no fingernails left by next February, the anticipation would be killing me so bad.

LRK, I believe in the Bronze Curse too! Although you're right, it doesn't explain everything.

Anyway, we all should know by now that the real You Know Who is Michelle Kwan. I guess that means Ashley Wagner is Harry Potter.

emdee

Final Flight
The bronze medal curse didnt apply to V&M from bronze in 2009 they won Olys and worlds in 2010. It did apply to the Shibs and P&B. So maybe some skaters are exempt

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
The bronze medal curse didnt apply to V&M from bronze in 2009 they won Olys and worlds in 2010. It did apply to the Shibs and P&B. So maybe some skaters are exempt

Lepsito, P&B, Shibs, Gachinski, T/T just to name a few

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
It's OK, Bluebonnett. You can start a Patrick Chan's Blessing thread. You see, the American male skater who trains with and befriends him tends to become US Champion against all odds - Bradley and Aaron. Joshua Farris, who admires Patrick and credits his help, has had great success including US and Worlds Junior titles. (Verner, OTOH, has crashed and burned since he criticized Patrick's win.)

Just flip the humour chip and play along. ;)

Well, that is true!

Patrick Chan is admired by so many fellow skaters. They are trying to imitate Patrick. How many skaters now are having 3F-1Lo-3S or 3Lz-1Lo-3S?! That was a brilliant creation of Lori Nichol for Chan.:rock:

If there is any curse, I would say that there is a curse for the ill-wishers in general, believe me or not.;) I'm not going to spend my time on looking for curses on any skaters. I wish them all well including Takahashi. Takahashi and Hanyu admire Patrick Chan and look up to him on skating. Chan admire Takahashi and Hanyu as well. So glad to see them get along well!

spikydurian

Medalist
You can start a Patrick Chan's Blessing thread. You see, the American male skater who trains with and befriends him tends to become US Champion against all odds - Bradley and Aaron.
I guess if Patrick confirms moving to Detroit Club, we can see some skaters there medal? I don't mind! I have a few whom I like in Detroit. They can all medal together with Patrick!:yay:...... ;)

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If Patrick moves to Detroit, will he pick Skate America as his second GP, given that Skate America is there?

Potentially, the best Skate America in years!
(no curse there ;) )

emdee

Final Flight
He may because he doesn't like travelling but I think it's usually too close to Skate Canada. He will either do COR or Eric Bompard.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Skate America is no big deal for someone who owns the Worlds podium, occupies the penthouse, and rents out the lower levels. The rascal also owns the US podium and puts his buddy of the year on top.

emdee

Final Flight
SF I think Skate America is of interest to those who have not been able to see Patrick's fluidity on ice before.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
SF I think Skate America is of interest to those who have not been able to see Patrick's fluidity on ice before.

Unfortunately for American and Chinese fans, Patrick does not do SA and COC unless there is a shuffled GP schedule.

At least the SA and COC medalists don't have Patrick Chan Curse to worry about or blame. :disapp:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
For those of you who believe in "the curse of Patrick Chan", do you want him to go to SA and "curse" the American top skater/skaters?:)