Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Curse of Patrick Chan *wink*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I think the Russian male skaters are all vampires. All pale, beautiful and looking very much alike...
    No, Plu said he doesn't drink blood. But he has wizards.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    You did not answer my question.
    I think I did. The thread was started in humour, not with the intention of bashing or creating bashing. Any such thread ought to stay for the fun of it!

Seriously mate, lighten up. Get an update for your sense of humour chip; it's clearly crashed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    No, Plu said he doesn't drink blood. But he has wizards.
    !!!!! He and Chan are in league!

Custom Title
    It's OK, Bluebonnett. You can start a Patrick Chan's Blessing thread. You see, the American male skater who trains with and befriends him tends to become US Champion against all odds - Bradley and Aaron. Joshua Farris, who admires Patrick and credits his help, has had great success including US and Worlds Junior titles. (Verner, OTOH, has crashed and burned since he criticized Patrick's win.)

Just flip the humour chip and play along.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    That would work

Banned
    well nothing beats the bronze medal curse

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    It's OK, Bluebonnett. You can start a Patrick Chan's Blessing thread. You see, the American male skater who trains with and befriends him tends to become US Champion against all odds - Bradley and Aaron. Joshua Farris, who admires Patrick and credits his help, has had great success including US and Worlds Junior titles. (Verner, OTOH, has crashed and burned since he criticized Patrick's win.)

How true that is!
    I dont think anyone expected Bradley to become US Champion. I remember when Patrick and Ryan both tried to grow a moustache ( for Movember?) and Ryan joking that Patrick had only a few scraggly hairs!
    Now he is friends with Max the only skater whom he allowed to skate on the ice with him in Colorado and yes Max became the US champion.
    Havent heard anything about Farris and Chan.

Its a hard time for us Chan fans but its also a hard time for a lot of men's fans with injuries etc ( other than Denis Ten fans)

Medalist
    Bluebonnet, I am sorry I offended. I am a Chan fan, and the way he gets castigated, I sometimes feel his haters DO perceive him as the skating equivalent of He Who Must Not Be Named.

The good thing about curses, is that, like rules, they are made to be broken. As a Canadian, I've lived through the "Canadian Olympic Flagbearer Curse" (broken), the "No Olympic Gold for Canada on Canadian Soil Curse" (broken, and how!), and hope to see the "Canadian Men's Olympic Curse" broken next year.

But not expecting it, oh no. Patrick's winning Worlds this year has relieved me of all anxiety. He Cannot Win Olympic Men's Gold Now. Whereas, if he had not won Worlds this year, I would have no fingernails left by next February, the anticipation would be killing me so bad.

LRK, I believe in the Bronze Curse too! Although you're right, it doesn't explain everything.

Anyway, we all should know by now that the real You Know Who is Michelle Kwan. I guess that means Ashley Wagner is Harry Potter.

Custom Title
    The bronze medal curse didnt apply to V&M from bronze in 2009 they won Olys and worlds in 2010. It did apply to the Shibs and P&B. So maybe some skaters are exempt

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by emdee View Post
    The bronze medal curse didnt apply to V&M from bronze in 2009 they won Olys and worlds in 2010. It did apply to the Shibs and P&B. So maybe some skaters are exempt
    Lepsito, P&B, Shibs, Gachinski, T/T just to name a few

Custom Title

Well, that is true!

Patrick Chan is admired by so many fellow skaters. They are trying to imitate Patrick. How many skaters now are having 3F-1Lo-3S or 3Lz-1Lo-3S?! That was a brilliant creation of Lori Nichol for Chan.

If there is any curse, I would say that there is a curse for the ill-wishers in general, believe me or not. I'm not going to spend my time on looking for curses on any skaters. I wish them all well including Takahashi. Takahashi and Hanyu admire Patrick Chan and look up to him on skating. Chan admire Takahashi and Hanyu as well. So glad to see them get along well!

You can start a Patrick Chan's Blessing thread. You see, the American male skater who trains with and befriends him tends to become US Champion against all odds - Bradley and Aaron.
    I guess if Patrick confirms moving to Detroit Club, we can see some skaters there medal? I don't mind! I have a few whom I like in Detroit. They can all medal together with Patrick!......

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    If Patrick moves to Detroit, will he pick Skate America as his second GP, given that Skate America is there?

Potentially, the best Skate America in years!
    (no curse there )

Custom Title
    He may because he doesn't like travelling but I think it's usually too close to Skate Canada. He will either do COR or Eric Bompard.

Custom Title
    Skate America is no big deal for someone who owns the Worlds podium, occupies the penthouse, and rents out the lower levels. The rascal also owns the US podium and puts his buddy of the year on top.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast