Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 181

Thread: WTT predictions

  1. #1
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,868

    WTT predictions

    Now that we know the entries (http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm), let's share our predictions!
    For me, this will be the result:
    1) Russia (they're sending the best team, so I think that they'll win)
    2) Canada
    3) Japan (with the probable good results in singles they could stay up, but they will have 0 Pairs points)
    4) US
    5) France
    6) China (Li and Yan could have good placements, but all the others no)

    (I didn't know where to post this, since there isn't a WTT forum...)

  2. #2
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,330
    Can someone list the skaters, please?

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,429
    Mathman, I've posted them in the WTT Entries thread here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post730534

  4. #4
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    216
    CANADA
    Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
    Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds
    Duhamel/Radford
    Weaver/Poje

    UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
    Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott
    Castelli/Shnapir
    Chock/Bates

    JAPAN
    Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
    Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
    Reed/Reed
    no pair will attend the competition

    RUSSIA
    Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
    Konstantin Menshov, Maxim Kovtun
    Volosozhar/Trankov
    Bobrova/Soloviev

    FRANCE
    Lenaelle Gilleron-Gorry, Mae Berenice Meite
    Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio
    James/Cipres
    Pechalat/Bourzat

    CHINA
    Zijun Lin, Kexin Zhang
    Nan Song, Han Yan
    Peng/Zhang
    Yu/Wang

    I am so excited to see Daleman! I think that Canada will win. Russia is going with the best team, and that's probably because they want to experience before the Olympic team competition, but their men and ladies is quite unpredictable. They all can be equally first or fifth

  5. #5
    Medalist
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    93
    It would be great if Russia won. After a rather dismal Worlds, they are due for some good news and cheering up.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    CANADA
    Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
    Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds
    Duhamel/Radford
    Weaver/Poje

    I am so excited to see Daleman! I think that Canada will win. Russia is going with the best team, and that's probably because they want to experience before the Olympic team competition, but their men and ladies is quite unpredictable. They all can be equally first or fifth
    Canada will win with Fallmond who will not get inflation with her 3 Falls this time she is not skating in Canada , and with Daleman ?
    Chan can at least count he wont ahve to face Hanyu and Fernandez

    Canada will finish 3rd behind USA, I wish Japan would have won again but with No Pairs
    my ideal

    1 Japan
    2 Russia
    3 USA

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Mao is clear lead favorite
    Gracie, Wagner should do well
    redemption for Akiko, Liza
    Zijun might finish top 3 this time

    others like Fallmond and inconsistent Sotnikova might crack Top 5

    Top 8

    1 Mao
    2 Zijun
    3 Gracie
    4 Liza
    5 Ashley
    6 Adelina - probably 2 falls
    7 Akiko - she passed her peak
    8 Osmond - will panic skating non Canadian soil as usual, knowing there will be no inflation for her with her 3 Falls

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,570
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Now that we know the entries (http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm), let's share our predictions!
    For me, this will be the result:
    1) Russia (they're sending the best team, so I think that they'll win)
    2) Canada
    3) Japan (with the probable good results in singles they could stay up, but they will have 0 Pairs points)
    4) US
    5) France
    6) China (Li and Yan could have good placements, but all the others no)

    (I didn't know where to post this, since there isn't a WTT forum...)
    Russia has the best team?
    MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song
    LADIES: Sot and Tuk finished behind Asada, Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond
    PAIRS: Russia likely #1
    DANCE: Russia likely #1

    So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Russia has the best team?
    MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song
    LADIES: Sot and Tuk finished behind Asada, Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond
    PAIRS: Russia likely #1
    DANCE: Russia likely #1

    So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....
    the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
    they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil

  10. #10
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    others like Fallmond

    Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem.

    Source


    ...Just plain immature according to my definition. How old are you, 10?

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by KatEll View Post
    Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem.

    Source


    ...Just plain immature according to my definition. How old are you, 10?
    same as saying Chanflation or YunaBot ?
    and Osmond does fall on fer FS

  12. #12
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
    they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil
    Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

    Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...

  13. #13
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
    they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil
    Okay, we GET it, time to let it go and move on.

  14. #14
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,868
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Russia has the best team?
    MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song
    LADIES: Sot and Tuk finished behind Asada, Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond
    PAIRS: Russia likely #1
    DANCE: Russia likely #1

    So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....
    I meant their best team (compared to other nations, who didn't send all of their best skaters), not the best team in the world!

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

    Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...
    sure maybe she will redeem herself from last 4CC but she wont get a 112+ FS with 2 falls that she scored at London Canada

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •