Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTT predictions

Hybrid View

WTT predictions

Now that we know the entries (http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm), let's share our predictions!
    For me, this will be the result:
    1) Russia (they're sending the best team, so I think that they'll win)
    2) Canada
    3) Japan (with the probable good results in singles they could stay up, but they will have 0 Pairs points)
    4) US
    5) France
    6) China (Li and Yan could have good placements, but all the others no)

(I didn't know where to post this, since there isn't a WTT forum...)

Can someone list the skaters, please?

Custom Title
    Mathman, I've posted them in the WTT Entries thread here: http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...l=1#post730534

Custom Title
    CANADA
    Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
    Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds
    Duhamel/Radford
    Weaver/Poje

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
    Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
    Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott
    Castelli/Shnapir
    Chock/Bates

JAPAN
    Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
    Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
    Reed/Reed
    no pair will attend the competition

RUSSIA
    Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
    Konstantin Menshov, Maxim Kovtun
    Volosozhar/Trankov
    Bobrova/Soloviev

FRANCE
    Lenaelle Gilleron-Gorry, Mae Berenice Meite
    Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio
    James/Cipres
    Pechalat/Bourzat

CHINA
    Zijun Lin, Kexin Zhang
    Nan Song, Han Yan
    Peng/Zhang
    Yu/Wang

I am so excited to see Daleman! I think that Canada will win. Russia is going with the best team, and that's probably because they want to experience before the Olympic team competition, but their men and ladies is quite unpredictable. They all can be equally first or fifth

Medalist
    It would be great if Russia won. After a rather dismal Worlds, they are due for some good news and cheering up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by figureskate View Post
    CANADA
    Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
    Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds
    Duhamel/Radford
    Weaver/Poje

I am so excited to see Daleman! I think that Canada will win. Russia is going with the best team, and that's probably because they want to experience before the Olympic team competition, but their men and ladies is quite unpredictable. They all can be equally first or fifth
    Canada will win with Fallmond who will not get inflation with her 3 Falls this time she is not skating in Canada , and with Daleman ?
    Chan can at least count he wont ahve to face Hanyu and Fernandez

Canada will finish 3rd behind USA, I wish Japan would have won again but with No Pairs
    my ideal

1 Japan
    2 Russia
    3 USA

Banned
    Mao is clear lead favorite
    Gracie, Wagner should do well
    redemption for Akiko, Liza
    Zijun might finish top 3 this time

others like Fallmond and inconsistent Sotnikova might crack Top 5

Top 8

1 Mao
    2 Zijun
    3 Gracie
    4 Liza
    5 Ashley
    6 Adelina - probably 2 falls
    7 Akiko - she passed her peak
    8 Osmond - will panic skating non Canadian soil as usual, knowing there will be no inflation for her with her 3 Falls

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    others like Fallmond

Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem.

Source

...Just plain immature according to my definition. How old are you, 10?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Now that we know the entries (http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm), let's share our predictions!
    For me, this will be the result:
    1) Russia (they're sending the best team, so I think that they'll win)
    2) Canada
    3) Japan (with the probable good results in singles they could stay up, but they will have 0 Pairs points)
    4) US
    5) France
    6) China (Li and Yan could have good placements, but all the others no)

(I didn't know where to post this, since there isn't a WTT forum...)
    Russia has the best team?
    MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song
    LADIES: Sot and Tuk finished behind Asada, Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond
    PAIRS: Russia likely #1
    DANCE: Russia likely #1

So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Russia has the best team?
    MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song
    LADIES: Sot and Tuk finished behind Asada, Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond
    PAIRS: Russia likely #1
    DANCE: Russia likely #1

So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....
    the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
    they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
    they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil
    Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...
    sure maybe she will redeem herself from last 4CC but she wont get a 112+ FS with 2 falls that she scored at London Canada

Custom Title
    Singles dramatically outweighs pairs and dance so with that Japan us Canada are far stronger in this competition then anyone else. The issues with the Russian singles program make them a long shot even if they come in first in pairs and dance.

Custom Title
    U.S.A., Canada,Russia can win it Japan has outside chance .,i think because n,field i all about same how men skate will determine which team wins.
    Also regarding petition seems only canada can petition & get results they want . Seems e not to long ago they bitched regarding a clean pair,skate,to, win,ogm received it even,though other messed uo a little suppose harder program. My how times have changed. Maybe not . All along i stated as lkng as it davord your team, skater y po u

are,fi with the scoring but god help the fan who points out what,is wrong with the winner etc. tn

The ijs system wouldvwork if poltics, federation ,sksters, coaches stay out of wsy. According to systm any little mistake suppose to get no points un oc mark ,,,,zero higedy not these 1,2 3 .but everine wants high scores and marks for trying oer system,do,or dont get it but kike dine for 100 years tweaked to fa or certain dkatets and sceew ip dpory in process UNlike in PAST SOCIAL MEDIA WONT ALLOW IT. CANT COVER IT UP AND GET AWAT WIRH IT , EXPLAIN WAY OUT IF MESS,

Weeee, Jeremy and Max, good picks Now I have to root for US to win. At least they should go for the team spirit price

I predict Russia to win. Some skaters should be really motivated to prove themselves.

Hard to predict though. It comes down to motivation/tiredness/focusing... not thinking of holidays, and next season.

if I can watch... Will there be a thread somewhere(under other events perhaps?)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast