WTT predictions | Golden Skate

WTT predictions

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Now that we know the entries (http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm), let's share our predictions!
For me, this will be the result:
1) Russia (they're sending the best team, so I think that they'll win)
2) Canada
3) Japan (with the probable good results in singles they could stay up, but they will have 0 Pairs points)
4) US
5) France
6) China (Li and Yan could have good placements, but all the others no)

(I didn't know where to post this, since there isn't a WTT forum...)

figureskate

On the Ice
CANADA
Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds
Duhamel/Radford
Weaver/Poje

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner
Max Aaron, Jeremy Abbott
Castelli/Shnapir
Chock/Bates

JAPAN
Mao Asada, Akiko Suzuki
Daisuke Takahashi, Takahito Mura
Reed/Reed
no pair will attend the competition

RUSSIA
Adelina Sotnikova, Elizaveta Tuktamisheva
Konstantin Menshov, Maxim Kovtun
Volosozhar/Trankov
Bobrova/Soloviev

FRANCE
Lenaelle Gilleron-Gorry, Mae Berenice Meite
Brian Joubert, Florent Amodio
James/Cipres
Pechalat/Bourzat

CHINA
Zijun Lin, Kexin Zhang
Nan Song, Han Yan
Peng/Zhang
Yu/Wang

I am so excited to see Daleman! I think that Canada will win. Russia is going with the best team, and that's probably because they want to experience before the Olympic team competition, but their men and ladies is quite unpredictable. They all can be equally first or fifth

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
It would be great if Russia won. After a rather dismal Worlds, they are due for some good news and cheering up.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
CANADA
Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond
Patrick Chan, Kevin Reynolds
Duhamel/Radford
Weaver/Poje

I am so excited to see Daleman! I think that Canada will win. Russia is going with the best team, and that's probably because they want to experience before the Olympic team competition, but their men and ladies is quite unpredictable. They all can be equally first or fifth

Canada will win with Fallmond who will not get inflation with her 3 Falls this time she is not skating in Canada ;) , and with Daleman ?
Chan can at least count he wont ahve to face Hanyu and Fernandez

Canada will finish 3rd behind USA, I wish Japan would have won again but with No Pairs :cry:
my ideal

1 Japan
2 Russia
3 USA

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Mao is clear lead favorite
Gracie, Wagner should do well
redemption for Akiko, Liza
Zijun might finish top 3 this time

others like Fallmond and inconsistent Sotnikova might crack Top 5

Top 8

1 Mao
2 Zijun
3 Gracie
4 Liza
5 Ashley
6 Adelina - probably 2 falls
7 Akiko - she passed her peak
8 Osmond - will panic skating non Canadian soil as usual, knowing there will be no inflation for her with her 3 Falls

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that we know the entries (http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-13_teams.htm), let's share our predictions!
For me, this will be the result:
1) Russia (they're sending the best team, so I think that they'll win)
2) Canada
3) Japan (with the probable good results in singles they could stay up, but they will have 0 Pairs points)
4) US
5) France
6) China (Li and Yan could have good placements, but all the others no)

(I didn't know where to post this, since there isn't a WTT forum...)

Russia has the best team?
MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song
LADIES: Sot and Tuk finished behind Asada, Wagner, Gold, Li and Osmond
PAIRS: Russia likely #1
DANCE: Russia likely #1

So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
MEN: Kovtun-at Worlds, finished behind Joubert, Amodio, Takahashi, Mura, Aaron, Reynolds, Chan, Song

So Russia has the top Pair and Dance team (only because D/W and V/M aren't going). But that isn't quite enough....

the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil

KatEll

Rinkside
others like Fallmond

Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem.

Source

...Just plain immature according to my definition. How old are you, 10? :rolleye:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Name calling is a cognitive bias and a technique to promote propaganda. Propagandists use the name-calling technique to incite fears or arouse positive prejudices with the intent that invoked fear (based on fearmongering tactics) or trust will encourage those that read, see or hear propaganda to construct a negative opinion, in respect to the former, or a positive opinion, with respect to the latter, about a person, group, or set of beliefs or ideas that the propagandist would wish the recipients to believe. The method is intended to provoke conclusions and actions about a matter apart from an impartial examinations of the facts of the matter. When this tactic is used instead of an argument, name-calling is thus a substitute for rational, fact-based arguments against an idea or belief, based upon its own merits, and becomes an argumentum ad hominem.

Source

...Just plain immature according to my definition. How old are you, 10? :rolleye:

same as saying inflation or Yuna fan ? :confused:
and Osmond does fall on fer FS

hohoho

On the Ice
the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil

Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...

FSGMT

Record Breaker

I meant their best team (compared to other nations, who didn't send all of their best skaters), not the best team in the world!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...

sure maybe she will redeem herself from last 4CC but she wont get a 112+ FS with 2 falls that she scored at London Canada

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

No.

Kostner landed 5 triples: 3z, 3f+3t, 3t+2t, 3s+2t+2lo. She had planned 7 triples but she singled the loop and fell on the final 3s.

Osmond planned 6 triples but landed only 4: 3f+2t, 3ze, 2a+3t-so, 3s. She fell on the solo 3f and on the 3t of the planned 3-jump combo

gmyers

Record Breaker
Singles dramatically outweighs pairs and dance so with that Japan us Canada are far stronger in this competition then anyone else. The issues with the Russian singles program make them a long shot even if they come in first in pairs and dance.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
same as saying inflation or Yuna fan ? :confused:
and Osmond does fall on fer FS

Neither of those terms is directed at the skater personally. Didn't Yu Na fall twice on her FS at 2010 Worlds? Or maybe once in the FS and once in the short. And where did Kaetlyn place? 8th? That doesn't look like inflation to me.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
"Yuna fan" is personally derogative. It connotes YuNa's seemingly detached facial expressions when she skates; YuNa uses her body rather than her face to express her music.