Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: WTT predictions

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Bobrova/Soloviev have withdrawn and are replaced by Monko/Khaliavin (4th at Nationals).
    no...If Ilinykh/Katsalapov unable to compete due to injury, they at least could have sent Riazanova/Tkachenko, then...
    In Ice Dance, we are not going to see any of medalists from 2013 London Worlds.;;; And no Amodio nor Song now....

I think that I/K and R/T declined (they didn't expect to be called and maybe they're already on holiday), so they sent the 4th place couple at Nationals, and I think that they want to give them an opportunity to have some senior international experience (like Gold or Kovtun last year), because they're really good!

What happened to Song?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    eta: what a shame we don't have Team Italy...i am gonna miss them a lot! especially Carolina, Valentina and Anna+Luca.;;;
    They probably have read you post since this video magically appeared on youtube after that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbOGOTHLsxc
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    What happened to Song?
    Knee injury, it was reported on twitter: https://twitter.com/Tatjana21/status/319059906793713664

Custom Title
    They have several better teams though, such as the reigning junior world champions (Stepanova/Bukin), or Sinitsina/Zhiganshin (last years JWCs)

Custom Title
    Yeah there were way better options for Russia. But I think that's about 4 points gone from ice dance now. This really is Canada's to lose now.

Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    They have several better teams though, such as the reigning junior world champions (Stepanova/Bukin), or Sinitsina/Zhiganshin (last years JWCs)
    Look at this season's scores: S/B are practically at the same level of M/K, S/Z are at a lower level (finished behind M/K both at Nationals and at the Russian Cup Final without making major mistakes)...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    They probably have read you post since this video magically appeared on youtube after that : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbOGOTHLsxc
    Thank you, uploader!!!

They are dropping like flies. I just read on another board that the French Fed. sent out a press release,
    Natalie and Fabian are out (no reason given) and Carron/Jones are in. Also Ponsart
    will replace Amodio. Unfortunately I cannot provide a link.

Thanks let's talk for the info on Song I hope he recovers soon.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    They are dropping like flies. I just read on another board that the French Fed. sent out a press release,
    Natalie and Fabian are out (no reason given) and Carron/Jones are in. Also Ponsart
    will replace Amodio. Unfortunately I cannot provide a link.

Thanks let's talk for the info on Song I hope he recovers soon.
    Obviously he's still recovering from the injury... Now, with all these WD, I think that I'll change my predicitions:
    1) Canada
    2) USA
    3) Russia
    4) Japan
    5) France
    6) China

Custom Title
    Oh, dear, and this was looking so good... I swear, I have no idea who is in or out any more, even!

Custom Title
    I seems increasingly obvious that for many of the skaters, this event THIS SEASON does very little but cut into an already relatively short time to prepare for the Olympic season. If one considers that the most important event next season will occur a month earlier than usual. Worlds are normally in March, but the Olympics are in February. Having to train "last season's programs" and travel for another event which extends the competitive season a month beyond where most of the competitors have moved on seems a little like "having to do summer school" when everyone else has left the building. It seems perfectly understandable to see why 'they are dropping like flies.'

It is a shame though as it always seems like a really fun event. And, being hosted in Japan makes it an event which will be well done and with very appreciative crowds. For athletes thinking about next season though, the Grand Prixs are only 6 months away! Having that extra month could make a real difference.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Do you remember a few years back when skaters had to do a qualifying round at Worlds, and it had to be a different program from their "regular" competition program?

They invariably selected the previous year's program for the qualifying round, and I was surprised at how uninspiring they seemed. Like they were just going through the motions.

For some of the skaters, I bet WTT will be like that. They're probably already focused on their Olympic programs (not finished, of course) so they'll just toss out their old programs that they haven't really been training, and be done with it.

I can't imagine they're going to interrupt their training to work diligently on a program that was in the rear view mirror. Oh, well, I wouldn't be.

Of course, maybe that's why the program is so light-hearted.

Also... I wonder if skaters just get tired of a program. A skater that does 2 Grand Prix events, GP Finals, Nationals, 4CC/Europeans, and World's is probably ready for something new, don't you think?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    How do you know those teams are better? M/K are World Junior Champs too. They had a major setback due to mononucleosis and it took them a while to get back on track but they're starting to make progress now. They beat Sinitsina/Zhiganshin at Russian nationals. As for S/B, they've never competed on the senior level. Could they prepare senior programs in such a short space of time?

Custom Title
    This past season, the SDs for Juniors and Seniors were different---Blues (JR) and Yankee Polka (SR). There is no way Stepanova/Bukin could get up to speed on the Yankee Polka in a less than two weeks.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast