Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WTT predictions

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...
    No.

Kostner landed 5 triples: 3z, 3f+3t, 3t+2t, 3s+2t+2lo. She had planned 7 triples but she singled the loop and fell on the final 3s.

Osmond planned 6 triples but landed only 4: 3f+2t, 3ze, 2a+3t-so, 3s. She fell on the solo 3f and on the 3t of the planned 3-jump combo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    same as saying Chanflation or YunaBot ?
    "Chanflation" refers to his marks, which is not under his control. However, "Yunabot" is also name calling, directed at a person's characteristics/behavior. Why should it be a proper thing to say?

and Osmond does fall on fer FS
    Name a skater who has never fallen.

Custom Title
    Singles dramatically outweighs pairs and dance so with that Japan us Canada are far stronger in this competition then anyone else. The issues with the Russian singles program make them a long shot even if they come in first in pairs and dance.

Custom Title
    Neither of those terms is directed at the skater personally. Didn't Yu Na fall twice on her FS at 2010 Worlds? Or maybe once in the FS and once in the short. And where did Kaetlyn place? 8th? That doesn't look like inflation to me.

Custom Title
    "Yunabot" is personally derogative. It connotes YuNa's seemingly detached facial expressions when she skates; YuNa uses her body rather than her face to express her music.

Medalist
    My prediction is almost the same as FSGMT's.

Russia
    Canada
    United States of America
    Japan
    France
    China

For me it is a hard to predict the Team winner of Gold this year. Canada, Russia, Japan and US all have very good team members.
    I am pretty sure that China and France will likely be 5th and 6th. But who knows anything can happen.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    "Yunabot" is personally derogative. It connotes YuNa's seemingly detached facial expressions when she skates; YuNa uses her body rather than her face to express her music.
    Actually Yu-Na uses her face quite a bit...that term refers to online fans who do nothing but promote Yu-Na and talk poorly about her competitors.

Yu-na Dhole is far superior.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hohoho View Post
    Sky_fly20 we get that you are not a fan of Osmond and you think she is receiving inflated scores. She had one rough competition at 4CC but her PCS has been consistent from Nebelhorn until Worlds. I expect she will want to redeem herself for 4CC and will do well.

Not sure where the Fallmond came from, but I do believe she had more landed jumps than Kostner at Worlds...
    ITA but I wish everyone including skyfly could stop making everything kind of "personal" rather than factual and even then there is huge room for interpretation. Some people post with almost the hint or goal of causing fights. Not sure why?

Anyways my two bits are that the US probably have the most solid team - solid two men, very solid two ladies and a solid dance and pairs team (might be more vulnerable only because Canada is so solid now and there are the Chinese and Russians ahead of them as well probably. Too bad about D and W and V and M - I think V and M should have skated and let poor W and P rest after the injury. Maybe a good skate would help v and m as well. chock and bates are on a roll so W and p could be in trouble. Japan is counting on their singles skaters especially. If this were all out total points Canada would have a better chance probably

If B and S can win the dance the real battle is between the injured teams with the same coach - W and P versus P and B could C and B from the US come up the middle and place second? Could C and B win it all or could they have a huge set back as sometimes happens when one is moving so fast they can't keep up with everything. All the teams have major weaknesses. Japan dance and pairs. Canada - ladies. France - ladies Russia - men ; china is the weakest and most vulnerable overall as in all categories they are at best up and coming - dance is really weak but since you need 2 men and 2 ladies they are vulnerable - could do fairly well in singles but it is a crap shoot with this team. The US is the most sold. The pairs team could beat D and R, the chinese and French but unlikely all of them.

Gold USA
    Silver Canada
    Bronze Russia
    4th Japan
    5th France
    6th China

Custom Title

Its still name calling ...

Custom Title
    So Osmond falls on her FS. So did Sasha Cohen, and she has a bunch of World medals and an Olympic silver....

Banned
    Osmond is no where near comparable to Carolina
    even at her age Carolina had superior jumping arsenal

If Gracie skates clean again, she will set up for next Season her PCS will skyrocket
    and she will finally become the No.1 US lady, Gracie is already getting heavy media attention more than Wagner who won't challenge for a medal anyways

Custom Title
    The question mark is our infamous girls. They are not competition if they skate like they always do..If they somehow manage to pull Osmond, Gracie, Li I'll be happy,seriously.
    1)Canada
    2)Japan
    3)Russia
    4)USA
    5)China
    6)France

Custom Title
    the mean are weak but the ladies are tentative
    they skated earlier in the FS and lets not forget Osmond's inflated FS with 2 falls that was in Canadian soil
    Well, Liza and Sotnikova skated later in the SP while Osmond was in the 2nd flight, and Osmond skated cleanly, which was the reason she did end up ahead of the Russians overall.

As for this competition, Russia has a clear advantage being a lock to win two of the disciplines. But given the inconsistencies of the Russian singles' skaters, and Canada essentially being #2's in pairs and ice dance, and having two top 5 men, I actually think Canada might win it.

It will be very close though.

The Canadian men should both get around 20 points. (e.g. Chan 1st, Reynolds 5th; Chan 2nd, Reynolds 4th).
    The Canadian women should get at least 11 points collectively, even in a less-than-ideal scenario where Osmond comes 5th and Daleman comes 10th
    D/R should come 2nd and get 11 points.
    W/P should come 2nd or 3rd, and get 10-11 points.
    Total prediction: around 53 points.

Russian men are a question mark. Let's say Kovtun does his best and Menshov also does okay and they place 7th and 9th, that's 10 points. (though I'm predicting they'll be 9th and 11th, slightly better than Russia last year)
    Russian women are also a question mark, but let's say they both do well and end up 3rd and 5th, that's 18 points
    Pairs get 12, Ice Dance get 12.
    Total prediction: 52 points

A lot is riding on how Daleman/Sotnikova/Tuktamysheva and Kovtun/Menshov handle themselves.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast