Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: WTT predictions

Banned
    it has nothing to do with SP, im talking about Osmond's inflated LP skated of course on Canadian home ground

Daleman is a Non Factor so are Kovtun/Menshov

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    it has nothing to do with SP, im talking about Osmond's inflated LP skated of course on Canadian home ground

Daleman is a Non Factor so are Kovtun/Menshov
    You keep talking of Osmond's inflation. How about explaining yourself?

Custom Title
    I wish S/K had been picked as the US Pairs team instead of C/S. I think they have already passed them up with their showing at Worlds. I think if they had been selected and D/W had gone the US had a good chance to win.

Custom Title
    This is C/S's last chance to show they are US #1. Go for everything!

Custom Title
    Actually Daleman and the Russian men play a huge role int he results here at WTT. Wit so few entries how they do really affects their teams chances. Ie. in the case of the men if the Russian men upset the American men and say the two French guys - possible well you can see how much impact they could have. Likewise, if Daleman beats the two French and say the second Chinese lady those are important points being picked up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wish S/K had been picked as the US Pairs team instead of C/S. I think they have already passed them up with their showing at Worlds. I think if they had been selected and D/W had gone the US had a good chance to win.
    True that. S/K have tremendous potential. C/S--she's wonderful; he skates like a lummox. A lummox with no personality. Still I see the US doing no worse than about 3rd. YMMV of course.

Custom Title
    I agree that Pairs and Ice dance competitions mean almost nothing here in WTT. (unless a country is lack of couple/team like Japan in pairs) I think the competition will be between Canada and US, and Japan behind them hoping for a miracle to get the gold. Success of Russian pair and ice dance couple will mean almost nothing unfortunately.. If 2 pairs/couples per country was represented, it would mean so much for Russia. So in a team competition which results are usually determined by singles, I can't see Russia getting a medal, unfortunately. (Kovtun and Menshov just can't compete with Canadian, US and Japanese teams based on the results of season so far) Though I think they will probably make better than last year and be 4th overall.

1. or 2. Canada (Chan, Reynolds, Osmond, D/R, W/P)
    2. or 1. US (Max, Gracie, Ashley, C/B)
    3. Japan (Mao, Akiko and Daisuke - no pair)
    4. Russia (Adelina and Liza, B/S, V/T)
    5. France (Florent, Brian?, P/B)
    6. China (Zijun, Han Yan?)

I noted the skaters whom I think are the power of their teams. And may get worthy results.

Medalist
    Since Japan has no entry in pairs, will they get a 0 for that event or will they get a 7?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by altuixde View Post
    Since Japan has no entry in pairs, will they get a 0 for that event or will they get a 7?
    That would be ridiculous if they get 7 since they do not compete in that discipline.

Medalist
    I agree that it would be ridiculous if Japan got points in pairs without a pair competing. I did some research and the answer is clear: The ISU World Team Trophy 2013 Announcement states that points are awarded to participants. That means that if there are no participants for a team in a certain discipline, then that team receives no points in that discipline.

I am pretty sure they will get a 7. That is the score for last place. In other words, every team automatically starts with 14 points before the competition begins, then they go from there.

OK, here’s a starting point. Going by placement at Worlds, it comes out like this. (Skaters who were not at Worlds split the bottom placements.)

Men

Chan 12
    Reynolds 11
    Takahashi 10
    Aaron 9
    Mura 8
    Joubert 7
    Amodio 6
    Song 5
    Kovtun 4
    Abbott 2
    Menshov 2
    Yan 2

Ladies

Asada 12
    Wagner 11
    Gold 10
    Li 9
    Osmond 8
    Sotnikova 7
    Tuktamysheva 6
    Meite 5
    Suzuki 4
    Zhang 3
    Daleman 1.5
    Gillero-Gorry 1.5

Pairs

Volosozhar/Trankov 12
    Duhamel/Radford 11
    James/Cipres 10
    Peng/Zhang 9
    Castelli/Shnapir 8
    Japan 7

Dance

Bobrova/Soloviev 12
    Weaver/Poje 11
    Pechalat/Boursat 10
    Chock/Bates 9
    Reed/Reed 8
    Yu/Wang 7

Totals

Canada 54.5
    Japan 49
    USA 49
    Russia 43
    France 39.5
    China 35

By the way. according to the rules (posted by altuixde above) Japan will have it's prize money reduced by 25% for not sending a pairs team.
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-25-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Custom Title
    There are only two things I want to see at WTT:

Menshov demolishing Kovtun

Aaron demolishing Abbott. (Also Aaron generally doing well overall!)

Custom Title
    That's a great analysis MM! Seems like Abbott has a good chance of getting more then 2, Aaron maybe less then 9? Suzuki may have some upside too...

So how come D/W and V/M got to pass - I thought it was required if you were a top finisher, barring injury. Just wondering...

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    There are only two things I want to see at WTT:

Menshov demolishing Kovtun

Aaron demolishing Abbott. (Also Aaron generally doing well overall!)
    No~!
    I agree with Menshov demolishing Kovtun just to get that stab at the Russian Federation, but I DO want to see a flawless Abbott for a change.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I predict Chan wins.

GIMME MY MONEY.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast