contact info | Golden Skate

contact info

jerry_5662003

Spectator
DOES ANYONE IN HERE HAVE ANY EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR ANY SKATER PRO OR AMETUER AND IF SO PLEEEASE COULD I HAVE THEM PLEEEEEEASE

ANY SKATER I DONT CARE WHO MALE OR FEMALE JUST GIVE ME THEIR EMAIL

IN DANCE
LADIES
MEN OR PAIRS I DONT CARE

I AM WANTED SOME OF THEM TO MAKE ME A VIDEO TAPE INTERVIEW

You can check with their agents. I doubt if the agent would be interested in enhancing your career unless he knows what you plan to do with the interviews.

Joe

windspirit

On the Ice
jerry_5662003 said:
DOES ANYONE IN HERE HAVE ANY EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR ANY SKATER PRO OR AMETUER AND IF SO PLEEEASE COULD I HAVE THEM PLEEEEEEASE
PLEEEEEEASE ;) you can't be so naive as to think that someone would give a skater's private email, etc., to a stranger on the Internet? Like Joe said, the best way to do it is to contact their agents.

sk8fanconvert

On the Ice
Actually, my partner has contacted several skaters- and they have written back- through their official websites. Yes, they really read their email! I think he looked them up through www.frogsonice.com

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
um... most of the time skaters don't want their email known... yeah they'll talk THRU their official sites, but it's rare to get a hold of them via the net... there are a few lucky people out there... but really I don't think anyone who has the info should just give it out unless told to do so by that person.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Jerry,

If you really want to interview a skater, check out if any are coming to town (or a nearby town). For example, since I live in Cleveland, Stars on Ice comes here as does Champions on Ice.

Tours like publicity, but since it sounds like you are unaffiliated, you'll have a harder time getting an interview. But I don't think it is impossible. Plus, individual skaters do publicity visits for the skating federations and charity events and hospitals and such that they support. So a skater might visit a city that is not on the SOI or COI tour.

I think the advice you've been given about contacting the skaters agent (and the elite skaters and pros do have agents) is the way to go. How about interviewing a future star? Any local figure skating club could have skaters that would provide interesting stories. Is this a project for a journalism class? Getting an introduction from your teacher or school might smooth the way to an interview.

Good luck.