Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Short Morozov Interview Regarding his Skaters' Placement at Worlds.

Custom Title
    Why not? She's a real contender for the Sochi Olympic team and she might as well experiment with some technical upgrades to make it more likely. Russian ladies were a thoroughly unspectacular 9,10, and 13. Why would Leonova say "I'm done" with the competition she's facing from eligibles. Watch next years Russian podium be all radionova, shoshnikova, and medvedeva!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by iskate View Post
    Not a translation mistake - the interviewer says something about how Alena has said she wants to try new things over the summer - for example, the triple axel. But I think it was the interviewer who was suggesting it, rather than implying that Alena herself said she wants to try 3A...

If she does want to work on 3A..... uhh
    Come on we know she didn't say that. She can't even handle a simple 3S, 3L or even a 2A. If she did she's not really serious, she's just spewing PR. I can see it already the deer in the headlights look just before she falls and flops on every jump thereafter its not worth the risk. She needs to perfect what she already has and try to get choreography that can show off her style. The question is because of how poorly she's done this year, I can't even guess what that might be. Is it still perk?

Custom Title
    She won world silver with most definite not perk! She displayed such amazing range in her recent free skates so she can excel with witches or drama and it can be anything. I would go for more of what made her world silver medalist. She can do 5 triples so she has the tech at her best.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    She won world silver with most definite not perk! She displayed such amazing range in her recent free skates so she can excel with witches or drama and it can be anything. I would go for more of what made her world silver medalist. She can do 5 triples so she has the tech at her best.
    No, she can do 4 triples, since she flutzes. If you are going to put down other skates for that same error, you should apply the same criticism across the board.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    No, she can do 4 triples, since she flutzes. If you are going to put down other skates for that same error, you should apply the same criticism across the board.
    I do I always try to say a triple but with a Flutz so like 5 triples but one has a Flutz flaw. The problem was that Mao was doubling almost all her lutzes so she rarely did one and if she did one I would be like Flutz plus 4 triples. Mao tries to make up for it 3a so It evens out. I pointed out leonovas Flutz if not in this thread Then the other one. I do include it.

And with Mao she was underrotating a lot of triples and if someone underrotates I exclude that from counting as a triple. 3< is not a triple 3<< is definitely Not a triple

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    I do I always try to say a triple but with a Flutz so like 5 triples but one has a Flutz flaw. The problem was that Mao was doubling almost all her lutzes so she rarely did one and if she did one I would be like Flutz plus 4 triples. Mao tries to make up for it 3a so It evens out. I pointed out leonovas Flutz if not in this thread Then the other one. I do include it.

And with Mao she was underrotating a lot of triples and if someone underrotates I exclude that from counting as a triple. 3< is not a triple 3<< is definitely Not a triple
    You are right, I apologize.

Banned
    Ok, since we're talking about crazy Alena Leonova, let's face it...she ain't making the Olympic team and there is simply something about her that is UN-talented.

^ I do not see the merit of this post.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iskate View Post
    Not a translation mistake - the interviewer says something about how Alena has said she wants to try new things over the summer - for example, the triple axel. But I think it was the interviewer who was suggesting it, rather than implying that Alena herself said she wants to try 3A...

If she does want to work on 3A..... uhh
    hey why not. she's not going to place either way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2