Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stars Next JGP Season ?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Jason Brown is in the top 24 on both lists: #20 on the updated WR, and #22 on SB, so it is possible he will get two invitations to the GP. But without a quad, he is unlikely to win a medal on the GP, whereas in the JGP he is sure to medal in his events and possibly win the JGPF. Then if he finishes high enough at Nationals, he can go to 4CC, since the Olympic-bound US men will skip 4CC in Taiwan. The top Canadian men will also skip 4CC, too, so there is opportunity for a high placement for Jason.
    Why should having no quad stop Jason from being on the GP next season? Lots of skaters including US skaters don't have quads.

Custom Title
    Not having a quad would keep him out of the medals.

mylastduchess
    Jin
    Martinez
    Uno
    Nguyen - probably for the mens

Custom Title
    I saw Polina Edmunds at Nationals. Her free program was beautiful - light and ethereal. I was surprised she hadn't been in the JGP last year. I don't know about her consistency but I was impressed at Nationals.

Concerning Nathan Chen and Vincent Zhou. At nationals, Nathan was sick. He said afterward that he had overcome the injury and had been training well. Even had his 3axel back. He was very disappointed in his performance. Aratunian said that he was trying to get Nathan to not be quite such a workaholic. Aratunian thought that Nathan's problems came from his overworking the beginning of the season and not being able to manage his energy throughout the year.

As for Zhou - he has some growing to do as well. Who knows what challenges he will face. Only time will tell for both Chen and Zhou. In 2018 we may see both of them on the Olympic Team - or neither.

Rinkside
    I wouldn't be counting out Nam Nguyen from Canada....sure he's a tad inconsistent but remember he's young and I really think he could come into his own this season (plus now he's had a full season under Orser)

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Welcome to Golden Skate murtle92! Post long and often.

Yes, Nguyen is another talented kid! Is his 3A consistent yet, do you know?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    maybe 2014 or 2015
    but she has no unique style if compared to other younger girls like Sakhanovich, Sotskova or Medvedeva
    This season Gerasimova, Stavitskaia, Miyabi Oba, Rika Hongo, Barbie Long got medals of JGP Events.
    If they could - Proklova also can.
    May be, more serious problem for her is to get JGP Event. Too many talented young girls in Russia now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    This season Gerasimova, Stavitskaia, Miyabi Oba, Rika Hongo, Barbie Long got medals of JGP Events.
    If they could - Proklova also can.
    May be, more serious problem for her is to get JGP Event. Too many talented young girls in Russia now.
    but not consistent enough, also if Natalia Ogororeltseva gets back to her old form , 3lo-3lo and 3lz-3lo like she did recently
    then she has a better chance than Gerasimova, Stavitskaia , Titushkina, Hongo, Oba etc.

Quote Originally Posted by A.H.Black View Post
    I saw Polina Edmunds at Nationals. Her free program was beautiful - light and ethereal. I was surprised she hadn't been in the JGP last year. I don't know about her consistency but I was impressed at Nationals.

As for Zhou - he has some growing to do as well. Who knows what challenges he will face. Only time will tell for both Chen and Zhou. In 2018 we may see both of them on the Olympic Team - or neither.
    Zhou and Edmunds just won their respective events at Gardenia (Zhou just won Novice and Edmunds Junior) in run aways.

Custom Title
    Polina Edmunds landed a 3Lz-3T and a 3F-3T in her Gardena long with positive GOE! I think she'll be a star next JGP if she carries on improving and keeps her consistency up.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Well I know who I would like to see in the Junior Grand Prix series next year - Tena Čopor (the girl that I was raving about who performed at the start of the 2nd half of the gala at this year’s Europeans )

But, given that she is from a country that doesn’t have a very big figure skating pedigree (Croatia), I doubt if she’ll get a slot.

Can’t really think of any other young skaters that haven’t been mentioned already. (Haven't watched enough National Championships!!! )

CaroLiza_fan

Since 2009-10 season there's always one lady per season that wins everything there is to win on the JGP. First it was Kanako, then respectively Adelina, Julia and now Elena. Both Adelina and Julia had worse seasons after they won Junior Worlds but in both cases this might have been caused partially because of them moving up to senior ranks. As Elena is too young to compete in seniors my guess is that she'll rule the juniors once more. My wish is for Angela Wang to win everything unless she's moving to seniors. Does anybody knows whether she'll compete in juniors again? Also Karen Chen may be a threat to Radionova.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    Since 2009-10 season there's always one lady per season that wins everything there is to win on the JGP. First it was Kanako, then respectively Adelina, Julia and now Elena. Both Adelina and Julia had worse seasons after they won Junior Worlds but in both cases this might have been caused partially because of them moving up to senior ranks. As Elena is too young to compete in seniors my guess is that she'll rule the juniors once more. My wish is for Angela Wang to win everything unless she's moving to seniors. Does anybody knows whether she'll compete in juniors again? Also Karen Chen may be a threat to Radionova.
    That's not correct. Adelina struggled with jumps because of puberty. If you see her figure during the year she won everything at the junior level and her current figure, it took some adjusting.Julia started struggling with puberty just before the end of the season. She talked about it in one interview. Apparently, although her figure did not change that much yet, she started struggling with balance and the jumps started feeling completely different.

In regards to Elena, she is in the same position as Julia last year and Adelina 2 years ago. She can do senior GP events; she just can't do Europeans and Worlds. But it is possible that sometimes during the next season or two she may start her puberty.

Banned
    also forgot another skater who will compete for Kazakhstan
    her name is Elizaveta Tursynbaeva: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4aQXSDa0CU
    Kazakhstan is looking good in singles now they need ice dance and pairs

Sotskova: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW92WN4fBa8
    Medvedeva: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VOweXUledE has one of the worst cheated flutz I have ever seen
    I might reevaluate her chances as she might be hit hard by edge calls

Custom Title
    Vincent Zhou won Novice Men at Gardena Spring Trophy by 34 points over his closest competitor, Yamakuma of Japan. Vincent landed 3s, 3z, 2a, 3lo, 3f, 3f+2t, 3z+3t and got PCS scores in the mid-6s, highly unusual at the Novice level.

Vincent won't be in the JGP this coming season because he is too young. I wonder if he will have a 3a by the time he debuts in the JGP.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast