Stars Next JGP Season ? | Golden Skate

Stars Next JGP Season ?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
potential debutantes and stars this coming Season
names that I can think of who will do well, I don't want Jason Brown in another JGP

Boys

1 Vincent Zhou
2 Nathan Chen
3 Shoma Uno
4 Alexander Petrov
5 Boyang Jin
6 Shotaro Omori ???
7 Alexander Samarin
8 Michael Christian Martinez

Girls

1 Serafima Sakhanovich
2 Karen Chen
3 Maria Sotskova
4 Evgenia Medvedeva
5 Polina Edmunds

Pairs

1 Lina Fedorova/Maxim Miroshkin
2 Annabelle Prolsz / Ruben Blommaert
3 Maria Vigalova/Egor Zakroev

Ice Dance

1 Lorraine McNamara / Quinn Carpenter - next D/W
2 Mackenzie Bent / Garrett MacKeen

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Vincent Zhou won't be 13 until October so he can't compete Junior internationally until 2014-2015.

Interested to see Sakhanovich, if she continues the Russian JGP dominance. And Polina Edmunds finally getting assignments.

I agree with you that M/C have an awesome future ahead in ice dancing.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looking forward to seeing Shotaro Omori on the JGP as the leading US man. Chen's got a bit of work to do to re-establish himself. I really enjoyed Omori at JW, he was very smooth and lovely.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looking forward to seeing Shotaro Omori on the JGP as the leading US man. Chen's got a bit of work to do to re-establish himself. I really enjoyed Omori at JW, he was very smooth and lovely.

but Chen was injured, if he is in good shape this coming JGP
he can score higher than Omori, Chen already scored a 225+

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
but Chen was injured, if he is in good shape this coming JGP
he can score higher than Omori, Chen already scored a 225+

Anyone being in good shape is always an "if".

Chen's still got a lot of growing etc to do. I'm not 100% sold on him yet for that reason. Shotaro has done most of his growing, I would imagine.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Anyone being in good shape is always an "if".

Chen's still got a lot of growing etc to do. I'm not 100% sold on him yet for that reason. Shotaro has done most of his growing, I would imagine.

Still, Chen was quite amazing at his first JGP. If he regains that kind of form I'd expect he could still put up higher scores than Omori, unless Omori suddenly gets a quad. Of course, where it sounds like Chen is suffering through something related to Osgood-Schlatter, it might mean that getting back into his best form and being truly healthy/free of most pain may be a multi-year process. Omori needs to work on his consistency. He was great at Junior Worlds and had a good SP at Nationals, but his FS was not terrific there and his performances on the JGP and sectionals were far from stellar. Clearly, he is capable of doing very well, but we'll have to see if he can start skating like he did at JW most of the time now.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chen has a problem with his knees, and it is very painful. He will outgrow the condition, but until he does he can't do lutz or 3a because the pain is so unbearable.

I'd rather see Omori peaking at the right time, not in the JGP. JW is more important pointwise than JGP events (250 for gold, 164 for 5th place; 5th at JW is worth 328), to say nothing of prestige.

I think one of the problems Kaetlyn Osmond had this season was she peaked much too soon: at the Challenge. Her last two performances were the worst of the season.

Elsa G

Rinkside
Nathan‘s Osgood-Schlatter comes and goes but his ankle injury really troubled him all season.He almost recover from the injury before Omaha but norovirus ruined his championship utterly.
So nice to see you guys concern him so much.Wish our boy a good season next year:clap:.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
so we wont see Zhou until 2014 :no:
hopefully Chen gets enough off season time to recover and do well this coming 2013 JGP

Country
Russia
potential debutantes and stars this coming Season
names that I can think of who will do well, I don't want Jason Brown in another JGP
(...)
Girls

1 Serafima Sakhanovich
2 Karen Chen
3 Maria Sotskova
4 Evgenia Medvedeva
5 Polina Edmunds
(...)
Alexandra Proklova (winner of Russian Nationals Younger Age)
Natalia Ogoreltseva (she looks restored, 2nd place Russian Nationals Younger Age)

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Alexandra Proklova (winner of Russian Nationals Younger Age)
Natalia Ogoreltseva (she looks restored, 2nd place Russian Nationals Younger Age)

I don't think they count much as they are inconsistent
like Titushkina, Stavistkaia, Gerasimova etc.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't think they count much as they are inconsistent
like Titushkina, Stavistkaia, Gerasimova etc.

I don't know why you bother with the Russian skaters then, since none of them are apparently good enough for you.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The US has lots of talented young girls as well, but in view of the rise and fall of Nagasu and Zhang, it's best to wait until very young skaters pass through the ravages of the puberty bug before declaring them stars.

Country
Russia
The US has lots of talented young girls as well, but in view of the rise and fall of Nagasu and Zhang, it's best to wait until very young skaters pass through the ravages of the puberty bug before declaring them stars.
Of course so.

But Radionova is a star, and she will be in history of FS, even if Triglav Trophy-2013 will be her last competition.

More mature age also gives no warranty. Silver medalist of Worlds Leonova significantly degraded at age 22, and nobody knows will she restore or not.
Asada had two poor seasons after Olympics-2010.
And so on.

So let us enjoy skating of all skaters who skate well now. Even if their future is not guaranteed (in fact future of any skater is not guaranteed).

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Just so.

If either Jason Brown (possible) or Joshua Farris (not likely) return to the JGP, I think they will continue to do well.

Are Blommaert & Annabelle Prölß & Ruben Blommaert age eligible?

Blommaert turned 21 on 5 March this year?

Likewise, I would not be surprise if Kaitlyn Hawayek & Jean-Luc Baker to use their extra year of dance eligibility in Juniors (if they are still eligible?) to do well.
The team has not been together a full year yet, and really did very well on the JGP last year.