Stars Next JGP Season ? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Stars Next JGP Season ?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Well I know who I would like to see in the Junior Grand Prix series next year - Tena Čopor (the girl that I was raving about who performed at the start of the 2nd half of the gala at this year’s Europeans ;) :biggrin: )

But, given that she is from a country that doesn’t have a very big figure skating pedigree (Croatia), I doubt if she’ll get a slot.

Can’t really think of any other young skaters that haven’t been mentioned already. (Haven't watched enough National Championships!!! ;) :laugh: )

CaroLiza_fan

Cherryy

On the Ice
Since 2009-10 season there's always one lady per season that wins everything there is to win on the JGP. First it was Kanako, then respectively Adelina, Julia and now Elena. Both Adelina and Julia had worse seasons after they won Junior Worlds but in both cases this might have been caused partially because of them moving up to senior ranks. As Elena is too young to compete in seniors my guess is that she'll rule the juniors once more. My wish is for Angela Wang to win everything unless she's moving to seniors. Does anybody knows whether she'll compete in juniors again? Also Karen Chen may be a threat to Radionova.

hanca

Record Breaker
Since 2009-10 season there's always one lady per season that wins everything there is to win on the JGP. First it was Kanako, then respectively Adelina, Julia and now Elena. Both Adelina and Julia had worse seasons after they won Junior Worlds but in both cases this might have been caused partially because of them moving up to senior ranks. As Elena is too young to compete in seniors my guess is that she'll rule the juniors once more. My wish is for Angela Wang to win everything unless she's moving to seniors. Does anybody knows whether she'll compete in juniors again? Also Karen Chen may be a threat to Radionova.

That's not correct. Adelina struggled with jumps because of puberty. If you see her figure during the year she won everything at the junior level and her current figure, it took some adjusting.Julia started struggling with puberty just before the end of the season. She talked about it in one interview. Apparently, although her figure did not change that much yet, she started struggling with balance and the jumps started feeling completely different.

In regards to Elena, she is in the same position as Julia last year and Adelina 2 years ago. She can do senior GP events; she just can't do Europeans and Worlds. But it is possible that sometimes during the next season or two she may start her puberty.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Vincent Zhou won Novice Men at Gardena Spring Trophy by 34 points over his closest competitor, Yamakuma of Japan. Vincent landed 3s, 3z, 2a, 3lo, 3f, 3f+2t, 3z+3t and got PCS scores in the mid-6s, highly unusual at the Novice level.

Vincent won't be in the JGP this coming season because he is too young. I wonder if he will have a 3a by the time he debuts in the JGP.

Reginald

Match Penalty

Yeah, it's kinda like a hype train. Every year there is a junior that dominates.

In 2003-2004, it was Miki Ando.

In 2004-2005, it was Mao Asada.

In 2005-2006, it was Yu-Na Kim.

In 2006-2007, it was Caroline Zhang.

In 2007-2008, it was Mirai Nagasu.

In 2008-2009, well nobody really dominated here.

In 2009-2010, as you said above.

Whose turn will it be next year?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure Karen Chen will be a threat to Radionova, but Polina Edmunds surely will be! BTW, Polina's mother is Russian.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
I'm not sure Karen Chen will be a threat to Radionova, but Polina Edmunds surely will be! BTW, Polina's mother is Russian.

Word. Polina is mad good. And she has nice artistry already, and a much more mature on-ice presence compared to Radionova, and she can also do all the triples and hard 3-3s. Girl is gonna be a force if she keeps this up. She's so reminiscent of Kostner circa 2003.

96skiluvr

On the Ice
Yeah, it's kinda like a hype train. Every year there is a junior that dominates.

In 2003-2004, it was Miki Ando.

In 2004-2005, it was Mao Asada.

In 2005-2006, it was Yu-Na Kim.

In 2006-2007, it was Caroline Zhang.

In 2007-2008, it was Mirai Nagasu.

In 2008-2009, well nobody really dominated here.

In 2009-2010, as you said above.

Whose turn will it be next year?

Serafima Sakhanovich!!! Love this girl - unlike Radionova, she doesn't have flailing and waving arms - she has a lovely, delicate style combined with top technical content, which should help her dominate.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Word. Polina is mad good. And she has nice artistry already, and a much more mature on-ice presence compared to Radionova, and she can also do all the triples and hard 3-3s. Girl is gonna be a force if she keeps this up. She's so reminiscent of Kostner circa 2003.

She will need to make sure her jumps are fully rotated. She's had issues with the +3T in both SP and LP throughout the season (hit rate < 50% clean)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Polina's FS at Gardena Trophy: 3z+3t, 3f+3t, 2a, 1f, 3lo, 3s+2t+2lo, 2a NO UR calls!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Polina's FS at Gardena Trophy: 3z+3t, 3f+3t, 2a, 1f, 3lo, 3s+2t+2lo, 2a NO UR calls!

and she would get an even higher score if she backload to the second half of the program the second 3-3
its a trend some skaters do nowaways

hanca

Record Breaker
I am voting for Seraphima Sakhanovich! It looks it will be exciting season, so many good young ones coming to JGP.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Yes, she's had a few competitions like that and some that she's gotten < and << calls. If she can show some consistency in getting that second jump rotated...I wouldn't be too concerned about it being backloaded yet as right now it's important to establish a rep that you DO land them and they ARE clean. :)

hanca

Record Breaker
Yes, she's had a few competitions like that and some that she's gotten < and << calls. If she can show some consistency in getting that second jump rotated...I wouldn't be too concerned about it being backloaded yet as right now it's important to establish a rep that you DO land them and they ARE clean. :)

And if she stops singling jumps. One in the SP, one in the FS...

cassiem

On the Ice
If Kamilla Gainetdinova finds a good partner (she split from Bich), she could make an impact next season. The level of junior pairs is quite low since many of them don't have triple jumps. Gainetdinova has shown she can land two different sbs triples (lutz and toe) and she had very good polish and stretch. She's kind of a junior version of Volosozhar - just needs the right partner!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
If Kamilla Gainetdinova finds a good partner (she split from Bich), she could make an impact next season. The level of junior pairs is quite low since many of them don't have triple jumps. Gainetdinova has shown she can land two different sbs triples (lutz and toe) and she had very good polish and stretch. She's kind of a junior version of Volosozhar - just needs the right partner!

she needs a taller partner, G/B were never going to last as Bich is too short
maybe Deputat if Davankova continues to grow they might also split up.

hanca

Record Breaker

Even if she found a partner so quickly, they won't make impact next season. Russia has four other good pairs, 3 of them made podium sweep at junior grand prix final, into which Gainetdinova-Bich did not managed to get despite having the jumps. It is great that Gainetdinova has the jumps, but as you see, the jumps are not everything.