Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Stars Next JGP Season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    Since 2009-10 season there's always one lady per season that wins everything there is to win on the JGP. First it was Kanako, then respectively Adelina, Julia and now Elena. Both Adelina and Julia had worse seasons after they won Junior Worlds but in both cases this might have been caused partially because of them moving up to senior ranks. As Elena is too young to compete in seniors my guess is that she'll rule the juniors once more. My wish is for Angela Wang to win everything unless she's moving to seniors. Does anybody knows whether she'll compete in juniors again? Also Karen Chen may be a threat to Radionova.
    Yeah, it's kinda like a hype train. Every year there is a junior that dominates.

In 2003-2004, it was Miki Ando.

In 2004-2005, it was Mao Asada.

In 2005-2006, it was Yu-Na Kim.

In 2006-2007, it was Caroline Zhang.

In 2007-2008, it was Mirai Nagasu.

In 2008-2009, well nobody really dominated here.

In 2009-2010, as you said above.

Whose turn will it be next year?

Custom Title
    I'm not sure Karen Chen will be a threat to Radionova, but Polina Edmunds surely will be! BTW, Polina's mother is Russian.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    I'm not sure Karen Chen will be a threat to Radionova, but Polina Edmunds surely will be! BTW, Polina's mother is Russian.
    Word. Polina is mad good. And she has nice artistry already, and a much more mature on-ice presence compared to Radionova, and she can also do all the triples and hard 3-3s. Girl is gonna be a force if she keeps this up. She's so reminiscent of Kostner circa 2003.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Reginald View Post
    Yeah, it's kinda like a hype train. Every year there is a junior that dominates.

In 2003-2004, it was Miki Ando.

In 2004-2005, it was Mao Asada.

In 2005-2006, it was Yu-Na Kim.

In 2006-2007, it was Caroline Zhang.

In 2007-2008, it was Mirai Nagasu.

In 2008-2009, well nobody really dominated here.

In 2009-2010, as you said above.

Whose turn will it be next year?
    Serafima Sakhanovich!!! Love this girl - unlike Radionova, she doesn't have flailing and waving arms - she has a lovely, delicate style combined with top technical content, which should help her dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Word. Polina is mad good. And she has nice artistry already, and a much more mature on-ice presence compared to Radionova, and she can also do all the triples and hard 3-3s. Girl is gonna be a force if she keeps this up. She's so reminiscent of Kostner circa 2003.
    She will need to make sure her jumps are fully rotated. She's had issues with the +3T in both SP and LP throughout the season (hit rate < 50% clean)

Custom Title
    Polina's FS at Gardena Trophy: 3z+3t, 3f+3t, 2a, 1f, 3lo, 3s+2t+2lo, 2a NO UR calls!

Banned
    Polina's FS at Gardena Trophy: 3z+3t, 3f+3t, 2a, 1f, 3lo, 3s+2t+2lo, 2a NO UR calls!
    and she would get an even higher score if she backload to the second half of the program the second 3-3
    its a trend some skaters do nowaways

Maria Sotskova is my favorite! Will she compete in next season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Maria Sotskova is my favorite! Will she compete in next season?
    I hope yes. She was born 12 Apr 2000.

Custom Title
    I am voting for Seraphima Sakhanovich! It looks it will be exciting season, so many good young ones coming to JGP.

Yes, she's had a few competitions like that and some that she's gotten < and << calls. If she can show some consistency in getting that second jump rotated...I wouldn't be too concerned about it being backloaded yet as right now it's important to establish a rep that you DO land them and they ARE clean.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Yes, she's had a few competitions like that and some that she's gotten < and << calls. If she can show some consistency in getting that second jump rotated...I wouldn't be too concerned about it being backloaded yet as right now it's important to establish a rep that you DO land them and they ARE clean.
    And if she stops singling jumps. One in the SP, one in the FS...

Custom Title
    If Kamilla Gainetdinova finds a good partner (she split from Bich), she could make an impact next season. The level of junior pairs is quite low since many of them don't have triple jumps. Gainetdinova has shown she can land two different sbs triples (lutz and toe) and she had very good polish and stretch. She's kind of a junior version of Volosozhar - just needs the right partner!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
    If Kamilla Gainetdinova finds a good partner (she split from Bich), she could make an impact next season. The level of junior pairs is quite low since many of them don't have triple jumps. Gainetdinova has shown she can land two different sbs triples (lutz and toe) and she had very good polish and stretch. She's kind of a junior version of Volosozhar - just needs the right partner!
    she needs a taller partner, G/B were never going to last as Bich is too short
    maybe Deputat if Davankova continues to grow they might also split up.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiem View Post
    Even if she found a partner so quickly, they won't make impact next season. Russia has four other good pairs, 3 of them made podium sweep at junior grand prix final, into which Gainetdinova-Bich did not managed to get despite having the jumps. It is great that Gainetdinova has the jumps, but as you see, the jumps are not everything.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast