Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 94

Thread: Stars Next JGP Season ?

  1. #76
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,523
    Posters who have seen Liza skate live have commented on how small her jumps are and how limited her ice coverage is ---that's why her GOE is low. Her PCS scores are low for the same reason. Liza skated a clean FS, yet her PCS scores were lower than skaters who made mistakes (Sotnikova, Osmond, Gold, Suzuki). Liza's ice coverage was small when she was a junior, but the theory was that was because she was so tiny. However, she's grown quite a bit since then and there's been no improvement in her stroking and her ability to cover the entire ice surface, especially for the FS.

  2. #77
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    200
    Shoma Uno. I like his style.
    Takahashi #2.

  3. #78
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Posters who have seen Liza skate live have commented on how small her jumps are and how limited her ice coverage is ---that's why her GOE is low. Her PCS scores are low for the same reason. Liza skated a clean FS, yet her PCS scores were lower than skaters who made mistakes (Sotnikova, Osmond, Gold, Suzuki). Liza's ice coverage was small when she was a junior, but the theory was that was because she was so tiny. However, she's grown quite a bit since then and there's been no improvement in her stroking and her ability to cover the entire ice surface, especially for the FS.
    I have seen her live. Her jumps definitely are not small. They are not Adelina or Karolina's size, but they are normal, average jumps. Not any smaller than anyone else in the field.

    About the ice coverage - it was definitely an issue a year ago; this year it was much better. I have see her at Europeans and I can tell you that it is not true that "there's been no improvement in her stroking and her ability to cover the entire ice surface, especially for the FS."

  4. #79
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,523
    Well, Hanca, apparently the judges don't agree with you.

    When Liza was a junior, her ice coverage was tiny even for a junior. Her coverage may be somewhat better now than it was back then, but she is skating senior now, and her ice coverage isn't what it should be at this level. That affects her SS score, and in turn all her PCS scores.

    "Normal, average jumps" don't get high GOE---average is 0 GOE. Liza doesn't get much flowout on her jumps (part of her coverage problem) and that also keeps GOE low.

  5. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    her jumps are just ok now but Tuk needs to lose weight that might help alot.

  6. #81
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Well, Hanca, apparently the judges don't agree with you.

    When Liza was a junior, her ice coverage was tiny even for a junior. Her coverage may be somewhat better now than it was back then, but she is skating senior now, and her ice coverage isn't what it should be at this level. That affects her SS score, and in turn all her PCS scores.

    "Normal, average jumps" don't get high GOE---average is 0 GOE. Liza doesn't get much flowout on her jumps (part of her coverage problem) and that also keeps GOE low.
    Well, I think the judges actually agree with me. Liza wasn't marked that low at Europeans! I agree that at worlds she had a bad competition, but if you look at her results throughout the last year, I think she is doing pretty well. Second year in row getting into GPF, winning the long program at Europeans (beating Carolina Kostner), finishing third at Europeans, what more would you expect from someone first season fully senior? Her personal best (and season best) is 188.85! Not bad at all!

  7. #82
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Posters who have seen Liza skate live have commented on how small her jumps are and how limited her ice coverage is ---that's why her GOE is low. Her PCS scores are low for the same reason. Liza skated a clean FS, yet her PCS scores were lower than skaters who made mistakes (Sotnikova, Osmond, Gold, Suzuki). Liza's ice coverage was small when she was a junior, but the theory was that was because she was so tiny. However, she's grown quite a bit since then and there's been no improvement in her stroking and her ability to cover the entire ice surface, especially for the FS.
    Um Ive seen her live and her jumps are big! I read that report saying she had small jumps aswell and I thought the person who said it must be watching someone else! you are right about the ice coverage though, it does need to improve but it has improved since last year.
    Back on topic I think thataside from the russians who will surely dominate the jgp again, I think Edmunds will do quite well aswell as karen chen ( who I am very excited to see on the jgp )

  8. #83
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Posters who have seen Liza skate live have commented on how small her jumps are and how limited her ice coverage is ---that's why her GOE is low. Her PCS scores are low for the same reason. Liza skated a clean FS, yet her PCS scores were lower than skaters who made mistakes (Sotnikova, Osmond, Gold, Suzuki). Liza's ice coverage was small when she was a junior, but the theory was that was because she was so tiny. However, she's grown quite a bit since then and there's been no improvement in her stroking and her ability to cover the entire ice surface, especially for the FS.
    what was it

    I don't know who those posters are, but I trust myself

    I watched her live twice last year and her jumps are HUGE, they are high and take good ice coverage.
    Her choreography is very complicated and this is the reason some people see less ice coverege. She was criticised for that a year before, so last summer she went to someone in Canada to get better LP, now blame Canada

    On a serious note, she had good programs, good choreography and good ice coverage.
    You better watch her programs for yourself in HD on youtube, or whatever you write just doen't make sense at all. Its always good to have YOUR OWN OPINION!


    Your post: someone told me..someone see something...not sure what, not sure who and when...BUT IT IS TRUE!

  9. #84
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Well, Hanca, apparently the judges don't agree with you.

    When Liza was a junior, her ice coverage was tiny even for a junior. Her coverage may be somewhat better now than it was back then, but she is skating senior now, and her ice coverage isn't what it should be at this level. That affects her SS score, and in turn all her PCS scores.

    "Normal, average jumps" don't get high GOE---average is 0 GOE. Liza doesn't get much flowout on her jumps (part of her coverage problem) and that also keeps GOE low.


    Please get on youtube and whatch Liza's programs and don't write these none sense commetnts again.

    That is ashamed on judges that they don't judge properly. Simple!

  10. #85
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,485
    I'll be interested to watch Liza's skating next season, when she's had a full off-season to train and work with her new body shape. It can't be easy at that level to have such a change. I was very impressed with what she achieved given how close to the season her body developed, and am looking forward to next year for her.

  11. #86
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    I'll be interested to watch Liza's skating next season, when she's had a full off-season to train and work with her new body shape. It can't be easy at that level to have such a change. I was very impressed with what she achieved given how close to the season her body developed, and am looking forward to next year for her.
    I agree! She did so well in comparison to other skaters in the past who have grown etc and lost so many of their jumps. Liza's remain to be great as always. I wonder how the triple axel is coming along?

    In terms of ice coverage, is that their skating around the rink or how much ice their jumps cover? Its always confused me.

  12. #87
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,951
    Eurosport guys always talk about how much elevation Liza gets on her jumps so I doubt they are that small. Anyways big jumps aren't always better anyways, yes Adelina has huge jumps but she can't rotate her 3lz-3t hardly ever and often struggles to even land it and that is not the case with Liza. Courtney Hicks is the same way. I'll take smaller jumps that are rotated to big sloppy ones that aren't any day.

    As for her ice coverage, it's improved a lot but still needs to improve more. And Liza still is really tiny, is she even 5ft tall? Yes she filled out significantly this season but she is not much taller compared to last season and that is what would mostly help with ice coverage. For someone of her size her coverage does not seem that poor, just these days a lot of female skaters are fairly tall so if they have that advantage to begin with and then also skate faster and more freely, Tuk will stand out in comparison. But I don't think the coverage is as bad as some think, and her PCS were over 61 in the FS at Euros.

  13. #88
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,523
    But Tuk's PCS in the Worlds FS was 57.24. She won the FS at Euros and was on the podium, whereas she was 10th at Worlds. Her PCS scores in the GP/GPF FSs ranged from 53-57 even when she skated well.

  14. #89
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    874
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    But Tuk's PCS in the Worlds FS was 57.24. She won the FS at Euros and was on the podium, whereas she was 10th at Worlds. Her PCS scores in the GP/GPF FSs ranged from 53-57 even when she skated well.
    And at the same time Tuktamysheva's PCS in FS at Europeans were 61.65. In comparison to PCS scores of Gracie Gold in FS at Worlds were 60.18 and Kaetlyn Osmond's PCS from FS at worlds 60.60. (I am using their strongest competition of the season). No point comparing someone's strongest competition with someone else's weakest one...)

  15. #90
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,523
    The point is Europeans was a competition where the Russians and Kostner were the only top skaters, with Korpi out. When faced with a full card of competition, where ALL the top skaters were present, Tuk's PCS scores went back to where they had been all season, and that was with one of the two clean skates in the Worlds FS competition. Gracie and Kaetlyn did not skate clean, yet their PCS scores were well above Tuk's at Worlds.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •