Thread: Edit button missing in action? (Mar 31, 2013)

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar

Edit Post button missing in action? (Mar 31, 2013)

Edit Post button missing in action? (Mar 31, 2013)

I would like to fix a typo in one my previous posts -- but today the Edit Post button mysteriously does not appear next to the Reply, Reply with Quote, and Multiquote options. (And yes, I am logged in on the GS page containing the post that I would like to fix.)

Anyone else having this problem?

Logging out of GS, rebooting my computer, and logging back into GS did not solve the problem for me.

Thanks for any help.

ETA:

Now I'm really confused: after I originally made this post inquiring about my problem, I could see that the Edit Post button did show up under it (and the button does work).

BUT when I went back to the thread in The Edge with the post I want to fix, the Edit Post button still is missing over there.
    The typo that I want to fix is in a post from Mar 29. So ... grasping at straws, I'm now wondering: Is there a new time limit after which editing a post no longer is possible???

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    golden411, if you give us a link to the post (or thread and post number), it will help us figure out what's going on.

I'm not aware of any time limit for editing on GS, but I do know that it is one of the options you can set in vbulletin.

Settings were changed during Worlds and have now been changed back. Please try again and let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!

Gambatte, Max Aaron/"No letting off the gas pedal" golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    Settings were changed during Worlds and have now been changed back. Please try again and let me know if you continue to have problems. Thanks!
    Thanks for your responses, ladies. Happy to say that per gsk8's reply, I tried again -- and the problem has gone away.

To be specific, I just now went back to this post:
    And this time was able to edit per usual.