Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Yuna Kim to skate to "The Terminator" for her SP

News Yuna Kim to skate to "The Terminator" for her SP

On Monday (local time, Korea) Yuna Kim's agency All That Sports announced that Yuna will be skating to the soundtrack of "The Terminator" for her short program next season: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtDI1LZw8jY

"It's a perfect vehicle for her robotic, cold, unemotional, machinery-like style of skating," a spokesman said. "Playing a technologically-advanced killer robot from the future is also a great way of intimidating her competitors and projecting an invincible, all-powerful aura to the audience and the judges."

Yuna will debut her program at the All That Skate ice show this summer in Korea. It will be choreographed by none other than David Wilson. She is yet to decide on her music choice for her long program.

[This is an April Fools joke. Credit goes to os168 from YNKF.]

Medalist
    April Fools

Custom Title
    Oh, for crying out loud! I believed it. Aag; I've been working too hard.

Not that I think of her as robotic, but I thought she might be trying a new persona for the Olympic year, kind of like Elvis Stojko the year he skated to some martial arts sound track. I could see her doing some futuristic routine dressed in a silvery catsuit. I had it all thought out.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Oh, for crying out loud! I believed it. Aag; I've been working too hard.

Not that I think of her as robotic, but I thought she might be trying a new persona for the Olympic year, kind of like Elvis Stojko the year he skated to some martial arts sound track. I could see her doing some futuristic routine dressed in a silvery catsuit. I had it all thought out.
    I think a slick black catsuit would be more suitable.

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    I went :O

totally bought it-can see it actually-oh, yuna kim....

Custom Title
    I knew it was a joke! ....although YuNa IS a terminator of sorts....

Custom Title
    No but she really should!! Like what could she do with the terminator??

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Oh man, I believed it until the "It's a perfect vehicle for her robotic, cold, unemotional, machinery-like style of skating,"-part
    The music isn't that bad. And I'd like the thought of one of the most delicate and elegant woman to walk this earth performing to the Terminator OST. She has enough power to blow Arni away, no doubt

Custom Title
    First I was
    But then I was
    And now I'm actually sort of sold on the idea. Come to think of it, if any woman were to be able to pull off The Terminator theme, she would be her.......goes off to listen to 80's music...

Custom Title
    Seriously, Terminator wasn't just about the robot character, Schwarzenegger. There's a very brave woman character in the story, Sarah Connor, who has to protect her young son. So the idea isn't that farfetched.

Oh, my gosh, if one of YuNa's people reads this and gets ideas....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    "It's a perfect vehicle for her robotic, cold, unemotional, machinery-like style of skating," a spokesman said.
    It first scared me to think that her agency was that pissed off and became bold and sarcastic!
    Though, why not? lol. It'll be a historical punch in the face of those who called her that, in a way that amuses both pro & anti-Yuna. ("Think I'm a machine? I'll give you a machine. Terminate you all!")

you got me.............................
    It's her last season ever() so terminator fits her so well

Seriously, Terminator wasn't just about the robot character, Schwarzenegger. There's a very brave woman character in the story, Sarah Connor, who has to protect her young son. So the idea isn't that farfetched.

Oh, Sarah Connor! She could pull off the fierce fighter/survivor Sarah...didn't think of it from that perspective.

Anyways, it was all meant as a joke, as a response to all those critics who insist Yuna's emotions run cooler that the surface she skates on. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want her to play another character piece in the SP. She's done Roxanne, Bond Girl, Giselle, and a Vampire's victim. Danse Macabre, one of her better SP's, didn't really portray any character. I'd just love for her to interpret a music abstractly, not necessarily "tell a story".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Oh, Sarah Connor! She could pull off the fierce fighter/survivor Sarah...didn't think of it from that perspective.

Anyways, it was all meant as a joke, as a response to all those critics who insist Yuna's emotions run cooler that the surface she skates on. Personally, I'm not sure I'd want her to play another character piece in the SP. She's done Roxanne, Bond Girl, Giselle, and a Vampire's victim. Danse Macabre, one of her better SP's, didn't really portray any character. I'd just love for her to interpret a music abstractly, not necessarily "tell a story".
    awwwww....but i was so ready to see yuna end her SP with a thumbs up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast