GOOOO YOSHIE & YUKARI (Hi Yoshie Bear (:^D)!!! | Golden Skate

GOOOO YOSHIE & YUKARI (Hi Yoshie Bear (:^D)!!!

Nadine

Record Breaker
:love:GOOD LUCK, YOSHIE & YUKARI, SHOW EM' HOW IT'S DONE!!!:love:

Just starting this thread in preparation for two of my favorite skaters......both landers of the 3AXEL......Yukari officially became only the third woman in history ever to land it at Skate America in 2002 (btw this was her debut on the Sr. level), and Yoshie followed it up w/an exceptional one at Trophee Lalique in 2002 (phenomenal height & power on hers, reminiscent of Midori Ito, no lie). :)

Just a couple more statistics on Yoshie Onda (JPN; 12-13-82; 157 cm or 5'2") :

2003-2004 Season (thus far)

Cup of China - 2nd
NHK Trophy - 3rd
GPF - 5th
Nationals - 4th

2002-2003 Season

Bofrost Cup - 1st
Trophee Lalique - 2nd
NHK Trophy - 1st
Nationals - 2nd
Worlds - 11th

***Note: withdrew from 4CC & GPF due to injury***

2001-2002 Season

Sparkassen Cup - 2nd
NHK Trophy - 2nd
GPF - 5th
4CC - 3rd
Olympics - 17th
Worlds - 5th

***Note: did not participate in Nationals b/c JSF named her to the team automatically due to her superb results on the GP Series***

2000-2001 Season

Skate Canada - 7th
NHK Trophy - 8th
Nationals - 3rd
4CC - 3rd

1999-2000 Season (debut at Sr. Level)

Nationals - 4th
4CC - 5th
Worlds - 12th

In closing, Yoshie regularly lands at least 5 triples, and has actually landed 7 triples (w/a 3T-3T sequence & 2A-2A sequence; fall on the 3A) at 2002 NHK Trophy! {two thumbs way up} However, she suffered an injury during the latter season of 2002-2003 (to her ankle) and has since been rebuilding at a steady pace while concentrating more on her presentation.......smart thinking........and recently wrote me that she intends to do her best at 4CC! YES (btw she always does her best, what a perfectionist & a fighter)! :)^)

***Note: Yoshie Bear, your English is simply phenomenal (no lie)......you honestly spell better than me.......love your upbeat attitude, strength, sparkling personality, generosity, genuine kindness, and beautiful & lovely & honest inner soul (aka "God Moving Over The Face of the Waters"). And I'll always cheer for you (no lie) ~ once a fan always a fan is my motto. And you honestly have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of in regards to your results since your injury ~ capturing a silver & a bronze and making it to the GPF while just coming back from injury is out-of-this-world ~ can just imagine how you'll do when your 100%! :eek: Watch out World! GOOOO YOSHIE BEAR (btw I love Disney too)!!!(***:love:

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. If anyone knows Japanese, can you please tell me what it says on the autographed photo that Yoshie sent me (the part under "Dear Nadine")? Thanks in advance. :)^)

"a dream is a wish your heart makes"

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
Aww at Yukari's signature :love: How cute is that? Beautiful pose from her too. Yoshie also looks good.

Antilles

Medalist
I thought Yoshie's 3 axel wasn't ratified last year. Wasn't the landing slightly cheated or something? I do like her skating though. I actually have never seen Yukari skate.

dewet

Final Flight
IIRC, Yoshie's triple axel wasn't ratified.
Nadine, how nice of Yukari and Yoshie to send you an autographed photo!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I thought Yoshie's 3 axel wasn't ratified last year. Wasn't the landing slightly cheated or something? I do like her skating though. I actually have never seen Yukari skate.

Hi Antilles :), no, it wasn't ratified nor did I mean to suggest otherwise (sorry about that). However, that was the one & only time thus far that Yoshie has landed it, despite trying numerous times over the years (except this year). And boy was it a beaut (best height & power in the business, no b.s.)! Yes, it was about 1/2 underrotated, but then so again was Yukari's at 2002 Skate America. Guess it just depends on how the referee is feeling at the time ~ there have been many instances where a jump has been ratified despite being underrotated (no lie) ~ e.g. Irina Slutskaya's 3Z/3R at 2000 GPF & 3S/3R/2T at 2001 Worlds and Sarah Hughes two triple-triples were slightly underrotated as well at the 2002 Olympics (btw I adore these two skaters, just being honest). That said, my hat goes off to ALL such tough, strong & gutsy women ~ they forge on despite injuries, broken bones, opposition from those that don't like the ladies pushing the envelope, et al ~ yet they persevere despite the odds and, for that, I am in awe (no lie).

***Note: btw, Ludmila Nelidina of Russia became only the fourth woman in history to have ever landed a ratified triple axel at 2002 Skate America (immediately after Yukari Nakano.***

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. thanks, shine & dewet, for the compliments on the photos. :) Btw, I received the one from Yukari during 2002 Skate America ~ I had sent a letter to her right before the event in honor of her having landed the triple axel in a local Japanese competition on my birthday just a few weeks before (no lie).

"People who never try never fall, but they never fly either." - M.F. Thomson

miki_tan

Rinkside
Nadine said:
P.S. If anyone knows Japanese, can you please tell me what it says on the autographed photo that Yoshie sent me (the part under "Dear Nadine")? Thanks in advance. :)^)

O n Da
Yo shi E

Antilles

Medalist
I remember seeing her 3 axel and it did look good. Referees do have odd ways of looking a things some days. Just like that first quad of Kurt's, and the earlier attempt made by Josef Sabovcek (sp?).

Nadine

Record Breaker
Re: Re: GOOOO YOSHIE & YUKARI (Hi Yoshie Bear :)^D)!!!

miki_tan said:

O n Da
Yo shi E

Thanks miki_tan! :)

I'd also like to thank you for being the one whom gave me the correct address to write to the Japanese skaters about a year and a half ago (much appreciated).

By the way, I just now noticed on the letter that Yoshie wrote me....on the very bottom....is her name, spelled out in Japanese, quite lovely. Wish my computer had the characters to type this out ~ very beautiful & complex language. :)^)

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. Antilles, IIRC Yukari's skating is very similar to Yoshie's (they're even built alike)...this from viewing her 2002 Skate America performance...except Yukari also excels in spins & her presentation is pretty good. JMHO.

Spark

Rinkside
I'd be happy to see Yoshie win this. I've enjoyed her skating much more this year and I'm disappointed that I won't see her at worlds. Go Yoshie!

Nadine

Record Breaker
Piel said:
Why is she called Yoshie Bear?:confused:

Piel

Lol, Piel! :laugh:

No reason.....it's my own pet name for her......b/c she reminds me of a "Yoshie Bear" (don't ya think). ;)

By the way, Yoshie loves Disney (no lie)......besides Dorothy Hamill........Yoshie has some of the loveliest stationery out there. Literally covered in Disney characters (aka Goofy, Donald Duck & his girlfriend, and Micki & Minnie Mouse (love it). :love: And I think is an extension of her personality (JMHO). :)^)

Peace & Love, Nadine

P.S. She also likes "Hello Kitty". :)^)

MODIFIED TO ADD:
:love:GOOOOOOOO YOSHIE (believe in yourself & rise to the occasion)!!!!:love:

Last edited: