Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UR jumps GOEs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    No. UR doesn't get BV reduced, only << do (please correct me if I'm wrong). The only way it gets penalized is via reduction in GOE. If GOE is positive, then there's no penalty for UR.
    A triple jump marked as "<" gets only 70% of its base value while a triple jump marked as "<<" gets the base value of a double jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    A triple jump marked as "<" gets only 70% of its base value while a triple jump marked as "<<" gets the base value of a double jump.
    OIC. Thanks for the explanation.

So even if you get a <, if you could get +GOE, wouldn't that wipe out the 70% BV penalty then?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadia01 View Post
    So even if you get a <, if you could get +GOE, wouldn't that wipe out the 70% BV penalty then?
    That would be a possibility I think, yes, and I understand it might be a problem. On the other hand, it would still get a lower score than a fully rotated well executed jump. What's a bit annoying with this current rule to me it's that, let's say skater A land an UR jump but the UR is borderline and the landing is clean. The GOE would, at the best, be around -1. plus the base value is 70%, so in the end the score for that jump is low. Skater B lands a jump with a hand down, or a step-out the GOE would be around -2 or some -3 (rarely) but the total score would still be higher than what skater A got and that is not fair IMO. At least the score should pretty much the same: I don't see why a UR is more severe than a step-out or hand down
    The judges are marking Ured jumps quite differently, for example, Kanako got from 1 to -2 for her 3Loop< In London which means even the judges have different opinions on this matter. I think that for a very well executed URed jump there should be no negative GOE, but not +2 or +3 either. Something around 0 or +1 in rare cases maybe.
    I remember when Yuna got an unfair "<" on her combo in 2009-2010 GPF SP and at that time, the "<" was penalized as a downgrade but the judges still awarded her with good GOE. That was a good call IMO because with or without the "<" it was a very well executed 3Lz-3T, with huge speed in and out of the jumps (here is the protocol: http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2