Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: The Ice (Japanese Show) Cast Announced

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Mao's show THE ICE this summer has been announced. It will take place in Nagoya and Osaka in July 24-28: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/

  2. #2
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,557
    let's talk, Has the rest of the cast of this summer's "The Ice" been named?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    The cast of THE ICE has been announced today. But I am sure it's not the full cast. Some names will be likely added later. For now: Mao, Kozuka, Mura, Buttle, Javi, Wagner, Gold, Shibutanis:
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

  4. #4
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,557
    It's so nice to see both Gracie & the Shibutanis get some summer show action

    Gracie particularly could benefit from more performance expriences.

  5. #5
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,244
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It's so nice to see both Gracie & the Shibutanis get some summer show action

    Gracie particularly could benefit from more performance expriences.
    What a great opportunity for Gracie! This will surely enable her to get some extra cash for choreography.

    Is Gracie pretty well-regarded in Japan for her strong jumps?

  6. #6
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    560
    Will either D/W or V/M attend any ice shows this summer(besides SoI)? I was surprised to see that D/W were not on the list.

  7. #7
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Very exciting to anticipate!

  8. #8
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,557
    D&W usually do The Ice...I was also surprised. I was surprised they didn't do WTT either. It looks like V&M and D&W are focussing on Olympics as of now

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    It looks like V&M and D&W are focussing on Olympics as of now
    I'm pretty sure that this must be the case, especially due to D&W's absence in the WTT.

    Looks like a great cast though! Out of interest, how much do skaters get paid for doing these types of shows?

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Kevin got added to the cast: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

    Not about or related to the show, here he gives an interview to his Japanese fan club, and in Japanese, not bad btv, I didn't know that he can speak the langauge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2X6gVaAps

  11. #11
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    What a great opportunity for Gracie! This will surely enable her to get some extra cash for choreography.

    Is Gracie pretty well-regarded in Japan for her strong jumps?
    If not, then she soon will be. I'm glad that she's receiving the chance to improve her performance skills.

    And she's already getting choreo from Zoueva, which is certainly a step in the right direction. Being around skaters like Mao and Kanako without the pressure of competition should give her a better feel for how to really interpret the music.

    ETA: Kovtun and Sotnikova are also on the list.

  12. #12
    Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,704
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    The cast of THE ICE has been announced today. But I am sure it's not the full cast. Some names will be likely added later. For now: Mao, Kozuka, Mura, Buttle, Javi, Wagner, Gold, Shibutanis:
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Kevin got added to the cast: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

    Not about or related to the show, here he gives an interview to his Japanese fan club, and in Japanese, not bad btv, I didn't know that he can speak the langauge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2X6gVaAps
    "Kevin" mentioned above is Kevin Reynolds , in case anyone else was not sure of which Kevin (I was not until I clicked on the link).

    Additional cast members are:
    • Weaver/Poje
    • Narumi Takahashi/Ryuichi Kihara
    • Satoko Miyahara, Japan's ladies bronze medalist


    (And as already alluded to in other posts: Kanako Murakami, Kovtun, Sotnikova.)

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Nagasu and Abbott added to the cast: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

  14. #14
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,072
    Glad to see that Mirai has been invited! Quite a cast. Are you going Let's Talk?

  15. #15
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    255
    i don't know if the ICE is the best thing for Gracie. It's a big time commitment and it'll be a busy year for her; esp since she's never really done touring. Also happy that Mirai got invited, I hope she skates her FS because she always starts the season with strong SPs but unconfident FS.

    I love the picture they chose for Narumi and Ryuichi. They're both cross-eyed and looking off into space

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •