The Ice (Japanese Show) Cast Announced | Golden Skate

The Ice (Japanese Show) Cast Announced

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's so nice to see both Gracie & the Shibutanis get some summer show action :party:

Gracie particularly could benefit from more performance expriences.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
It's so nice to see both Gracie & the Shibutanis get some summer show action :party:

Gracie particularly could benefit from more performance expriences.

What a great opportunity for Gracie! This will surely enable her to get some extra cash for choreography. :)

Is Gracie pretty well-regarded in Japan for her strong jumps?

vera01

Final Flight
Will either D/W or V/M attend any ice shows this summer(besides SoI)? I was surprised to see that D/W were not on the list.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
D&W usually do The Ice...I was also surprised. I was surprised they didn't do WTT either. It looks like V&M and D&W are focussing on Olympics as of now :eek:

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
It looks like V&M and D&W are focussing on Olympics as of now :eek:

I'm pretty sure that this must be the case, especially due to D&W's absence in the WTT.

Looks like a great cast though! Out of interest, how much do skaters get paid for doing these types of shows?

ForeverFish

Medalist
What a great opportunity for Gracie! This will surely enable her to get some extra cash for choreography. :)

Is Gracie pretty well-regarded in Japan for her strong jumps?

If not, then she soon will be. ;) I'm glad that she's receiving the chance to improve her performance skills.

And she's already getting choreo from Zoueva, which is certainly a step in the right direction. Being around skaters like Mao and Kanako without the pressure of competition should give her a better feel for how to really interpret the music.

ETA: Kovtun and Sotnikova are also on the list.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The cast of THE ICE has been announced today. But I am sure it's not the full cast. Some names will be likely added later. For now: Mao, Kozuka, Mura, Buttle, Javi, Wagner, Gold, Shibutanis:
http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

Kevin got added to the cast: http://www.ctv.co.jp/event/the_ice/cast.html

Not about or related to the show, here he gives an interview to his Japanese fan club, and in Japanese, not bad btv, I didn't know that he can speak the langauge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi2X6gVaAps

"Kevin" mentioned above is Kevin Reynolds :), in case anyone else was not sure of which Kevin (I was not until I clicked on the link).

Additional cast members are:
  • Weaver/Poje
  • Narumi Takahashi/Ryuichi Kihara
  • Satoko Miyahara, Japan's ladies bronze medalist

(And as already alluded to in other posts: Kanako Murakami, Kovtun, Sotnikova.)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Glad to see that Mirai has been invited! Quite a cast. Are you going Let's Talk?

icellist

On the Ice
i don't know if the ICE is the best thing for Gracie. It's a big time commitment and it'll be a busy year for her; esp since she's never really done touring. Also happy that Mirai got invited, I hope she skates her FS because she always starts the season with strong SPs but unconfident FS.

I love the picture they chose for Narumi and Ryuichi. They're both cross-eyed and looking off into space :laugh:

ForeverFish

Medalist
i don't know if the ICE is the best thing for Gracie. It's a big time commitment and it'll be a busy year for her; esp since she's never really done touring. Also happy that Mirai got invited, I hope she skates her FS because she always starts the season with strong SPs but unconfident FS.

I love the picture they chose for Narumi and Ryuichi. They're both cross-eyed and looking off into space :laugh:

Many top skaters are doing shows over the summer -- it keeps fans satisfied in the off-season and gives the skaters a chance to perform without the pressure of competition. I personally feel that Gracie will learn a lot about expression and artistry from Mao Asada.