Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Miki Ando

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    the season hasnt even started yet and we are declaring her as unmotivated ? if Miki can find a coach even Morozov if he takes her
    then she ha sthat can for the last spot, Akiko is more like the reserve
    You seem to have deaf ears but I and others have already mentioned that the JSF have already stated Miki would need to WIN Nationals just to make the Olympic Team. Miki is not likely on any planet to win Nationals next year, whether she is motivated or not. I guess it wouldnt be totally impossible, but there is no denying that right now at this moment Asada is atleast 95% likely the winner of next years Nationals. So Miki's chances to reach the Games are already almost none even if she returned and was skating very well (which most would concur isnt even likely either). Of course Suzuki only needing to be top 3 or 4 at Nationals which she has been every year for awhile is more likely to make the team than a semi retired Ando needing to return at 26 after 3 years off, and win Nationals over someone she has beaten at Nationals only once since 2005 to begin with, ROTFL!!

Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    She wont be back. What would her incentives to be back be. Her chances to medal in Sochi would be close to nil at this point. Asada has firmly staked claim to being Japanese #1 again, and Miki coming back would definitely not change that. Yet even Mao herself is only slated for the bronze in Sochi. She is 26 years old (old for amateur singles) and hasnt even skated competitively for 3 years, so reaching her 2011 Worlds level, which she would need to be top 5, is even unlikely. Add to all that her personal problems, her problems finding a coach about a year ago, and no way you will see her back.

I also have read reports that the JSF say Miki would have to win Nationals next year to make it to Sochi. That makes sense as the JSF decides their Olympic teams by results of the past couple seasons, especialy the Olympic season, and not just Nationals. Miki isnt even eligible for a grand prix, except a host pick, and obviously has done nothing competitive for 2 years now. Miki isnt winning Nationals, as I said Mao is clearly back at Japanese #1, and that is what she would need to go to to Sochi.
    Why is Mao only slated for bronze. Her free skate was silver medal at worlds and if she skates her short the way she did in 4cc how will carolina beat her. I dont undarstand those bold predictions a year before the even?
    Hey I dont know what will happened but you dont either

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    Why is Mao only slated for bronze. Her free skate was silver medal at worlds and if she skates her short the way she did in 4cc how will carolina beat her. I dont undarstand those bold predictions a year before the even?
    Hey I dont know what will happened but you dont either
    I didnt say she couldnt win silver or even gold. I said as things stand now she is slated (aka most likely outcome) to win bronze. Is there any reason to claim she would be favored to beat Kim or Kostner right now. It doesnt mean she doesnt have the ability and things couldnt change, just that as things stand now she is slated most likely to finish 3rd. Yet she is the clear Japanese #1 and certain to remain so barring something drastic. You choose to read more into my statement than there was, and be upset over a comment that is perfectly logical.

I didnt say she couldnt win silver or even gold. I said as things stand now she is slated (aka most likely outcome) to win bronze. Is there any reason to claim she would be favored to beat Kim or Kostner right now. It doesnt mean she doesnt have the ability and things couldnt change, just that as things stand now she is slated most likely to finish 3rd. Yet she is the clear Japanese #1 and certain to remain so barring something drastic. You choose to read more into my statement than there was, and be upset over a comment that is perfectly logical.

You have been saying this a lot in your post. This is the thing (And know we cant combine different competitions) But take her short program from the 4cc and long from worlds and you have Mao easily beathing Kostner. I did not bring kim into it. Mao demostrated this season that she can scored over 200, like she did at the 4cc even if her jumps are not 100 percent. So, Carolina and Mao have the same chance for silver

By the way I am not upset, just think you are understimating Mao

Custom Title
    Miki I think is the only skater who can break into the expected top 3 Sochi finishers, on the strength of her reputation. If Miki skates well, Mao and Carolina would also have to skate well to beat her. I don't think Miki will have enough competitions to adequately prepare to bring her best at the Olympics, but she is one of the few skaters who has demonstrated the ability to beat the best.

Banned
    You have been saying this a lot in your post. This is the thing (And know we cant combine different competitions) But take her short program from the 4cc and long from worlds and you have Mao easily beathing Kostner. I did not bring kim into it. Mao demostrated this season that she can scored over 200, like she did at the 4cc even if her jumps are not 100 percent. So, Carolina and Mao have the same chance for silver

By the way I am not upset, just think you are understimating Mao
    I am not a Kostner fan really but Kostner has beaten Mao in every competition they have been in together for over 2 years now. It isnt like she just beat her at Worlds and nowhere else, in fact this past Worlds was one of the only competitions the last 2.5 years they were even close in. I dont think it is a stretch to say Kostner is more favored at this point. Like I said things can easily change, of course Mao a former World Champion could overtake Kostner, and it wouldnt surprse me at all if she does, but she definitely isnt over her right now. You bring in Maos best programs from two seperate competitions, but the thing is Kostner is actually more consistent than Mao now, and less likely to make as many mistakes. Also if you take Kostner from Nationals she would beat the two Mao programs combined you refer to probably (especialy as that Mao LP still had mistakes which Kostner at Nationals did not). Kostner hasnt even had many chances to do her best as she has only started trying the harder jumps again.

Custom Title
    Miki beat Mao and Kim TWO YEARS AGO and since then she has dropped out of competitive skating, and she won't be in the GP. JSF will not even send her to International Bs until she competes at Regionals. She has to WIN Nationals to go to Sochi. Sorry, I don't think we'll be seeing Miki in competition again. The deck is stacked against her.

I am not a Kostner fan really but Kostner has beaten Mao in every competition they have been in together for over 2 years now. It isnt like she just beat her at Worlds and nowhere else, in fact this past Worlds was one of the only competitions the last 2.5 years they were even close in. I dont think it is a stretch to say Kostner is more favored at this point. Like I said things can easily change, of course Mao a former World Champion could overtake Kostner, and it wouldnt surprse me at all if she does, but she definitely isnt over her right now. You bring in Maos best programs from two seperate competitions, but the thing is Kostner is actually more consistent than Mao now, and less likely to make as many mistakes. Also if you take Kostner from Nationals she would beat the two Mao programs combined you refer to probably (especialy as that Mao LP still had mistakes which Kostner at Nationals did not). Kostner hasnt even had many chances to do her best as she has only started trying the harder jumps again.
    True when Mao was reworking her jumps (but guess fans tend to forget that re-working jumps is the hardest thing a skater can do). I dont want to take any thing from Carolina because she has earned it. I dont use nationals to compare skaters, but if you use 4cc and European championship you certantly can see that they have the same chance for medals. Kostner like Mao has not been able to put two clean programs together, so I dont see the difference. Also remember that Mao has only two chances to try her harder layout this season. Like you said things can change, but to predict medal colors this far ahead ......

At worlds with two mistakes Mao was still able to score higher than Carolina who also make mistakes.

Carolina was rather lucky to get silver at Worlds this year as her 3-3 in her SP wasn't called an under-rotation. If that call were to be made correctly, Mao would get silver and Carolina bronze at Worlds. So in my mind, Mao with three major mistakes (both 3-axels in SP and FP and 3flip-3loop in FP) actually beat Carolina with three major mistakes (under-rotated and fallen 3tl-3tl in SP, popped 3loop and fallen 3sal in FP). Caro could improve her consistency next season, but Mao is likely to do so as well. I don't think it can be said that Caro was ahead of Mao at Worlds.

Custom Title
    At worlds with two mistakes Mao was still able to score higher than Carolina who also make mistakes.
    That was in the FREE SKATE. Mao was 6th after the SP because she two-footed the 3a and URd the 3f in combo. In the FS, Mao (with two URs and a two-footed 3a) beat Carolina (with a singled jump and a fall). IMO, Mao's persistent URs are a bigger liability than Carolina's mistakes.

Carolina DID beat Mao at Worlds, that is a fact. Both skaters were lucky that they got a lenient caller at Worlds. Maybe Carolina's 3/3 could have been UR, but both of Mao's double-footed 3as could have been called UR also, and that would have a MUCH bigger impact on scores.

As for improving by next year, Mao has been URing her jumps for the past three years and she is STILL getting UR calls, especially on the 3f. If she hasn't fixed her UR problem by now, it isn't likely to be fixed ever.

Sorry, I made a mistake earlier. I forgot that Mao popped her 3loop. So Mao with four major mistakes should, IMO, have beaten Caro with three major mistakes, if only 3tl-3tl had been called correctly as an under-rotation. And Mao nearly beat Caro, in any case, let's not forget. There was only a point difference between them.

I really don't think Caro demonstrated herself to be ahead of Mao at Worlds, even though she got the silver medal.

I think Mao's definitely double-footed 3axel attempts were not under-rotated at all. Even her 3flip which was called an under-rotation was more rotated than Caro's 3toe loop, so there was some selective calls made.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    That was in the FREE SKATE. Mao was 6th after the SP because she two-footed the 3a and URd the 3f in combo. In the FS, Mao (with two URs and a two-footed 3a) beat Carolina (with a singled jump and a fall). IMO, Mao's persistent URs are a bigger liability than Carolina's mistakes.

Carolina DID beat Mao at Worlds, that is a fact. Both skaters were lucky that they got a lenient caller at Worlds. Maybe Carolina's 3/3 could have been UR, but both of Mao's double-footed 3as could have been called UR also, and that would have a MUCH bigger impact on scores.

As for improving by next year, Mao has been URing her jumps for the past three years and she is STILL getting UR calls, especially on the 3f. If she hasn't fixed her UR problem by now, it isn't likely to be fixed ever.
    Who is disputing the short program. I never said Mao beat Carolina. Really? Did Carolina beat Mao at Worlds by 15 points. And yeah she got UR, the woman re-worked her jumps, her triple axel was ratified (so get over that). How do you know her jumps wont get better? All I am saying is Mao has the same chance for silver or gold that Carolina has

Question: The person who won Gold in the men's competition was he in anyones list of medal contenders: No. So understimating Mao Asada a year before the Olympics is crazy

Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Sorry, I made a mistake earlier. I forgot that Mao popped her 3loop. So Mao with four major mistakes should, IMO, have beaten Caro with three major mistakes, if only 3tl-3tl had been called correctly as an under-rotation. And Mao nearly beat Caro, in any case, let's not forget. There was only a point difference between them.

I really don't think Caro demonstrated herself to be ahead of Mao at Worlds, even though she got the silver medal.

I think Mao's definitely double-footed 3axel attempts were not under-rotated at all. Even her 3flip which was called an under-rotation was more rotated than Caro's 3toe loop, so there was some selective calls made.
    THIS. Sorry but if someone has demostrated that you cant count her out is Mao Asada. The women came from 6th place to Bronze by placing second in the Free SKate. So I dont know what will happen but lets way and see instead of declaring a victor 1 year before the olympics

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post

ITA! Had Carolina's triple toe been correctly called as an under-rotation Mao would've won with all the mistake she made. Both her triple axels and triple flip from SP were less underrotated than Caro's 3T if you look carefully at the slow-motions. It was simply an unfair call in order to favour Caro over Kim... Mao should've rightfully got the silver.

Poor Miki, she's so far out in people's minds that we're now getting into a Mao vs. Carolina debate....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast