Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Coaching & choreographer changes you would like to see

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'd like to see some top skater use Rohene Ward, in addition to Jason Brown.
    Artur Gachinski and Rohene Ward. Please, universe, make this happen.

I'd like to see Plushenko try Tom Dickson, or go back and work with Miyamoto on Romeo and Juliet again.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little_meatball View Post
    Since Gold is already spending time at Ann Arbor working with Zoueva, I would not be surprised if she will get at least one Zoueva program.
    I hope not; none of Zoueva's programs for singles skaters have been particularly memorable for me.

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Artur Gachinski and Rohene Ward. Please, universe, make this happen.

It's not impossible! Rohene tours Europe with Holiday on Ice...perhaps fate will bring them together.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see her work with Tom Dickson
    Yes, I do think that could work!

I would LOVE to see all the Morozov students choosing a new choreographer, especially I/K, their talents need something better!!

Rinkside
    I think Cindy Stuart is vastly underappreciated.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    You know, I&K love the theatricality.

I think I'd like to see them go to Martin Skotnicky in Oberstdorf for their choreo. Or to Ilia Averbukh, who did Zhiganshina & Gaszi's Two From the Grave FD this year.

Custom Title
    I would like to see Hanyu, Miyamoto or Camerlengo SP or FS choreographer.

Not to Wilson.

Custom Title
    AMODIO. I would love to seem him skate a Lambiel or Nichol choreographed program to classical music. I think something along the lines of Four Seasons or Swan Lake (no techo remix, please) could be very special. I would love him to go to Frank Carroll, Lee Barkell, Mr. Nicks, Mr. Grutter, someone who will not allow him to wear suspenders or stop in the middle of the rink.

Custom Title
    I really want I/K to change their coach to Zhulin, or at least, get a different choreographer. I'm not a huge fan of Morozov's choregraphy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by npavel View Post
    I would like Adelina Sotnikova to go with Shae-Lynn Bourne

And Ward's choreo is so busy with so much upper body movement that I do NOT think that would be a good match for Gatchinski, who has already had enough arm flailing choreo for a lifetime. That is why I hope Jason goes to someone new, Dickson I think could do wonders for him, and he's going to be in CO Springs soon anyways. Liebestraume I found distracting because you have this skater with amazing flexibility and extension, and a soft, lyrical piece of music, but rather than showcase the lines and extensions there was all this unnecessary upper body movement going on the in the step sequences and transitions, and while I know that makes the programs more difficult, it made it seem like the spirals and spin positions were thrown in there to be like "look at me i'm gumby" a la Julia Lipnitskaya because there was too much else going on that served as distraction and prevented them from being held long enough and showcased enough to be enjoyed. I notice Dickson's programs are not usually unnecessarily busy which would be good for Brown because there is much to admire in his basic skating and all that upper body movement does nothing for me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I really want I/K to change their coach to Zhulin, or at least, get a different choreographer. I'm not a huge fan of Morozov's choregraphy.
    Don't know Zhulin seems to be very bitter still about them. They have left him twice already, IIRC. So not a good match maybe? They do need more challenging choreography to match their SS. But they seem a bit weak to me physically, I don't know how you fix that quickly. Nikita in particular from Worlds 2011 through this year's competition, seems to struggle with his nerves almost always. I wish them well though.

Custom Title
    Julia Lipntiskaya could do with a new choreographer - less extensions and arm waving may do her a lot of good as I've found her programs pretty repetitive. Not sure who though.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ffionhanathomas View Post
    Julia Lipntiskaya could do with a new choreographer - less extensions and arm waving may do her a lot of good as I've found her programs pretty repetitive. Not sure who though.
    Agree. Has she ever worked with TAT? (I'm thinking, if she doesn't want to leave Russia)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ser22 View Post
    I would like to see Hanyu, Miyamoto or Camerlengo SP or FS choreographer.

Not to Wilson.
    And I would like her to go back to Abe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Personally, I'd like to see her work with Tom Dickson
    Wasn't YuNa's Lark Ascending choreo'd by Tom Dickson?, which is probably my only favorite Free program of YuNa whole her senior career, btw. IIRC she commented back then that she did not like that program so much because it was physically demanding and too exhausting for her.

My vote goes to Tom Dickson for Daisuke Takahashi, please!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast