Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 241

Thread: Who can rival Kim in Sochi: Asada or Kostner?

  1. #211
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    305
    Never mind.

  2. #212
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    160
    kim has the wrong edge problem on her flip.
    it is the weakness of her.

  3. #213
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by yangjie View Post
    kim has the wrong edge problem on her flip.
    it is the weakness of her.
    In her whole career, Yuna had got only 4 times wrong edge or attention mark for her flip jump, rotated and landed : 2008 COC, 2009 4CC, 2009 WC always by the same tech, and 2013 WC. We should not forget 1 downgrade 2009 GPF still by the same one.

    Do you know how many times other female skaters had got this penalty? You are talking about Weakness....

  4. #214
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    54
    I'm not sure about likeliness, but I would LOVE to see Carolina get in there and medal, if not win outright. She's been one of my favorites for years.

  5. #215
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    I would like Carolina to win as well. She's my favorite at this moment.

  6. #216
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    389
    Both can beat Kim or come very close. They just need to skate two flawless programs. What makes Kim so "unbeatable" right now is that she is the only lady able to skate two flawless, mistake-free programs.

  7. #217
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,514
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    Both can beat Kim or come very close. They just need to skate two flawless programs. What makes Kim so "unbeatable" right now is that she is the only lady able to skate two flawless, mistake-free programs.
    I think Carolina could if she was clean, but she has never been clean enough to beat what Yuna showed at the WC. Mao does not get enough GOE on her jumps to compete with Yuna, and with 7 jumping passes in the LP that adds up to quite a margin.

  8. #218
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think Carolina could if she was clean, but she has never been clean enough to beat what Yuna showed at the WC. Mao does not get enough GOE on her jumps to compete with Yuna, and with 7 jumping passes in the LP that adds up to quite a margin.
    Can someone refresh my memory on why Mao doesn't jump triple-triples? With that factored into her GOE, she could close the gap between Yuna and herself.

  9. #219
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I think Carolina could if she was clean, but she has never been clean enough to beat what Yuna showed at the WC. Mao does not get enough GOE on her jumps to compete with Yuna, and with 7 jumping passes in the LP that adds up to quite a margin.
    I am a huge Carofan. That said, I have to say that she has never been able to skate a "completely clean, flawless" long program, executing everything she planned with the quality she is able to do. Even in 2012 worlds, which I consider her best LP performance, she doubled her flip and some of her jumps were not executed as she can double(meaning that she got positive GOE, but +1, not +2 or +3).

    Mao can also come very close to beat Kim because of her base value(the highest).

  10. #220
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Can someone refresh my memory on why Mao doesn't jump triple-triples? With that factored into her GOE, she could close the gap between Yuna and herself.
    Mao included in her plans, last season, a 3Flip-3Loop. But, at 4CC it was UR and she messed up the landing of the flip in the worlds.

  11. #221
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by mateusp1 View Post
    Mao included in her plans, last season, a 3Flip-3Loop. But, at 4CC it was UR and she messed up the landing of the flip in the worlds.
    But since the 3F-3Lo is exceedingly difficult, why doesn't she jump a lutz-toe or flip-toe? Or even a toe-toe?

  12. #222
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    But since the 3F-3Lo is exceedingly difficult, why doesn't she jump a lutz-toe or flip-toe?
    I think(correct me if I am wrong, please) because Mao tends to prefer/being more steady when she puts Loops in her combos, rather than toeloops.

  13. #223
    Adiós Melon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    But since the 3F-3Lo is exceedingly difficult, why doesn't she jump a lutz-toe or flip-toe? Or even a toe-toe?
    She has edge problems with her lutz so that's out. Flip-toe would work but she would need to rearrange her layout. Can't do Toe-Toe when she has 2A+3T.
    OR simply, she can't do them or she wants that big BV!!!

  14. #224
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,701
    Mao should do

    3A
    3F-3T
    3Lz
    -----
    2A-3T
    3Lo
    3S
    3F-2Lo-2Lo

    She only gives up one point in BV compare to what she's doing now, but her 3F-3T should be more stable and more likely to get full credit than 3F-3Lo. Easier, too.



    Caro should upgrade her SP to 3F-3T, 3Lo
    And LP

    3Lz
    2A
    3F-3T
    3Lo
    ------
    2A-3T
    3F
    3S-2T-2Lo

    Asking two inconsistent skaters to skate a 7 and 8 triples programs cleanly is just too much.

    For the following odds
    1. Yuna skates 6 triples LP cleanly
    2. Caro skates 7 triples LP cleanly
    3. Mao skates 8 triples LP cleanly

    Obviously I would give 90% chance to Yuna, 6% to Caro, and 4% to Mao. But if for some reason the 4% becomes reality, Mao will win.

  15. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    seems Kostner will be the favored to challenged Yuna in Sochi
    and Carolina has a great track record skating in competitions in Russia.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •